2023-2024 Texas A&M

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
current student here, each adjective corresponds to a quartile (1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th). AOA and GHHS are separate from this.
Dang. So are these quartiles based on pre-clerkship? Or just 3rd year?

Mind if I also ask what year you're in & if A&M happens to show ppl a template/example of their MSPE? The AAMC has one (attached) but I know schools can diverge from it

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• 479458-mspewordtemplate.docx
    39.1 KB · Views: 18
Dang. So are these quartiles based on pre-clerkship? Or just 3rd year?

Mind if I also ask what year you're in & if A&M happens to show ppl a template/example of their MSPE? The AAMC has one (attached) but I know schools can diverge from it
Quartiles are based on both preclerkship and clerkship (at least they were for my class, I'm a graduating MS4). Yes you get to see your MSPE before the school submits it to your ERAS app. It's pretty similar to the AAMC template

current student here, each adjective corresponds to a quartile (1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th). AOA and GHHS are separate from this.
Makes sense. The adjectives need translation for residencies and fellowships to decipher. In the end it is all about class rank.

Members don't see this ad :)
Quartiles are based on both preclerkship and clerkship (at least they were for my class, I'm a graduating MS4). Yes you get to see your MSPE before the school submits it to your ERAS app. It's pretty similar to the AAMC template
They plug in ranking somehow, don't they. C'est la vie

Did you see any difference in how successful different campuses were at reaching high quartiles? Ik that BCS is the only campus with literal structural differences but I'm also wondering if the faculty/facilities/culture of the other campuses created any differences between them as well

They plug in ranking somehow, don't they. C'est la vie

Did you see any difference in how successful different campuses were at reaching high quartiles? Ik that BCS is the only campus with literal structural differences but I'm also wondering if the faculty/facilities/culture of the other campuses created any differences between them as well
Honestly not too sure about the specifics of this, but as far as I can tell it seems to be an even spread. I would prioritize location over other factors when picking campuses, there are very successful students in every campus.

Honestly not too sure about the specifics of this, but as far as I can tell it seems to be an even spread. I would prioritize location over other factors when picking campuses, there are very successful students in every campus.
I shoulda known. Being an Aggie is success in itself. By the time I'm done, this school gonna be T1. Watch out UCSF 😤

Quartiles are based on both pre-clerkship and clerkship (at least they were for my class, I'm a graduating MS4).
Pre-clerkship impacting rank in any way was removed starting CO2025. Correspondingly, all AOA eligibility now comes from clerkship performance and everyone is selected at the same time at end of M3.
Pre-clerkship moved to straight P/F starting CO2026.

Reactions: 1 user