2023-2024 Texas Tech El Paso (Foster)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hello.. for those of you who have interviewed with the school already, how long did it take y’all to receive an ii after submitting your secondary?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
hello.. for those of you who have interviewed with the school already, how long did it take y’all to receive an ii after submitting your secondary?

A week but I had extensively been in communication with the school in the months prior and they had bookmarked my application.

for me i submitted my secondary 6/20 and got an interview 7/22!

Members don't see this ad :)
Finished my interview here just a bit ago. Can’t decide how I feel about it. Interviewers themselves were great but the people running it were a little snappy at a few students after they informed them 2 of their MS4s didn’t show up for the interviews.

Not sure if anyone else had the same experience.

I had tech issues with their MMI software too back when I interviewed in September but my experience with their staff was different. They were very friendly and apologized for the issue. It helped calm my nerves.

Reactions: 1 users
I am sure I am just being paranoid and neurotic, but does it mean anything if I have gotten like almost 2 secondary email reminders a day from them for the past several weeks to complete the secondary? I just got an email saying they extended the deadline to the 15th of December instead of today. Is it worth submitting the secondary? This gets sent to everyone probably and should not think anything of it right?
same Im going to complete it because I think it means they are still looking for students

Reactions: 2 users
Can someone give me a little more info on the format of the MMI at this school? Are we allowed to know how many stations there will be?
I'm wondering the same as well! Does anyone happen to know a little bit more about the MMI format - like how long each one is, how many there are, etc.? I have my interview this week and I don't believe I've gotten any information about how the interviews will work this year - The only reason why I think it's MMI is because of this forum 😅 Thanks in advance!

How many mmi stations are there, and how long do we get to answer? If anyone has already interviewed and doesn’t mind sharing.

How many mmi stations are there, and how long do we get to answer? If anyone has already interviewed and doesn’t mind sharing.
9 stations (including 1 rest station), each 6 minutes including 1 min to read prompt in the beginning

Members don't see this ad :)
9 stations (including 1 rest station), each 6 minutes including 1 min to read prompt in the beginning
thank you very much, have been a bit stressed out for it as this is my first mmi interview besides mock ones

• Care
For any of you folks who have already interviewed or have an interview tomorrow, when did you receive a Webex link for the interview day itinerary? I'm nervous; I'm interviewing tomorrow and still have not received it. Tried to call, but no one picked up.

For any of you folks who have already interviewed or have an interview tomorrow, when did you receive a Webex link for the interview day itinerary? I'm nervous; I'm interviewing tomorrow and still have not received it. Tried to call, but no one picked up.
Get up early and check your email, and be SURE to check the time zone designation too!
El Paso is in Mountain Time Zone

• Care
When I interviewed, I received it the day before. You should call one more time before the office closes at 5 PM today:)

• Care
When I interviewed, I received it the day before. You should call one more time before the office closes at 5 PM today:)
That's what the portal says. I tried to call every admission office extension and nothing, so I left a voice mail and sent out an e-mail, too, lol. I'm still hopeful to receive it later tonight, but if not, I'll be up early tomorrow to try to figure things out. At least I have MMI links in the portal for the actual interview part. Thanks so much, appreciate your all responses 🤠

That's what the portal says. I tried to call every admission office extension and nothing, so I left a voice mail and sent out an e-mail, too, lol. I'm still hopeful to receive it later tonight, but if not, I'll be up early tomorrow to try to figure things out. At least I have MMI links in the portal for the actual interview part. Thanks so much, appreciate your all responses 🤠
im in the same boat as you, I have not received the webex link as well

Hey guys, I recently received an email inviting me to attend an in person tour. Does anyone know if attendance of this tour has an weight on admissions chances?

Hey guys, I recently received an email inviting me to attend an in person tour. Does anyone know if attendance of this tour has an weight on admissions chances?
I think it is a common sentiment that in-person tour attendance does not hold weight in admission decisions. This would be unfair to those who do not have the means to attend these visits.

I have a question for those who have interviewed. Were the interview prompts more focused on your application and why medicine, or was it more Casper-like, where they asked hypothetical questions? Not sure how to prepare as it's my first MMI.

I have a question for those who have interviewed. Were the interview prompts more focused on your application and why medicine, or was it more Casper-like, where they asked hypothetical questions? Not sure how to prepare as it's my first MMI.
Read through the interview feedback link on the first post of this thread. It seems to be a mix of scenarios, your thoughts and opinions on topics, and why El Paso

Thanks! It seems like there is only one response from this year, and it's the first year they do MMI's unless I misunderstood the feedback site.

Thanks! It seems like there is only one response from this year, and it's the first year they do MMI's unless I misunderstood the feedback site.
Then my next suggestion is just to read through this thread for comments, we are only at 5 pages, shouldn’t take you too long

Pre-Matched today!!!! Got the email this morning. Really excited about the school. My only concern is the Spanish immersion class- I definitely recognize the importance of the class and I love that it is incorporated into the curriculum. I have very little Spanish experience. Does anybody know about the grading of the class? How much progress can be made in a foreign language in such a short time?

Reactions: 4 users
Pre-Matched today!!!! Got the email this morning. Really excited about the school. My only concern is the Spanish immersion class- I definitely recognize the importance of the class and I love that it is incorporated into the curriculum. I have very little Spanish experience. Does anybody know about the grading of the class? How much progress can be made in a foreign language in such a short time?

Congrats! When did you interview?

Hey! I was at their tour a week ago. This question got asked about Spanish. The medical student panel said that the Spanish classes are laid back and everyone passes as long as they show up and put in effort (P/F system like everything else). It’s 45 mins every week for the first 2 years. So you do need to learn it but there is support as long as you really try. They also said they do use Spanish at many clinics but that there are also translators in many in case you need help. They place you in an appropriate level of Spanish for your experience. So beginners start from the ground up and I understood experienced speakers are in a different cohort. Hope this helps!

IS II yesterday. Will be declining, hopefully it goes to one of you!

Reactions: 4 users
Declined pre-match offer today. Super excited for whoever picks it up!!!

So excited and pleasantly surprised to get an II today. There's still hope! IS, ORM, LM 64.9, nontrad, primary transmitted 7/31, secondary completed 8/8, reapplicant.

Reactions: 6 users
Has anyone emailed them recently and got a response?
Not recently, but I emailed with actual questions several times and I did not ever receive a reply… I admit it was a bit frustrating for me, but just in case you’re having a similar experience, you’re not the only one… I read too much into it and even imagined it was a personal thing as in they didn’t like me as an applicant (I also interviewed) and their lack of response was indicative of that, but then I figured it’s just who they are - a bit less personable than other schools. Every other school I emailed this cycle, I have received responses from…

Not recently, but I emailed with actual questions several times and I did not ever receive a reply… I admit it was a bit frustrating for me, but just in case you’re having a similar experience, you’re not the only one… I read too much into it and even imagined it was a personal thing as in they didn’t like me as an applicant (I also interviewed) and their lack of response was indicative of that, but then I figured it’s just who they are - a bit less personable than other schools. Every other school I emailed this cycle, I have received responses from…
Ok thank you, I bet they are also probably really busy right now so I can wait.

Interview this Thursday 1/11! Any advice?

Last edited: