2023-2024 Toledo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just received my secondary today, but submitted my primary like the day i was able to. I know they screen for secondaries but i guess i was wondering if it was even worth it that i submitted it :/

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone have tips for Interview. Was it more traditional interview questions or like ethical/situational type.

Anyone have tips for Interview. Was it more traditional interview questions or like ethical/situational type.
Many of the questions were hypothetical and were focused more on ethics/morals. Much different than another MMI I completed recently. Most of the questions were completely unique and it didn't even touch on the subjects I studied. My only tip is to remember to reflect on your experiences and be yourself!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For those who have already interviewed, any advice/tips on how to prepare for the interview? Was the MMI rounds just ethical scenarios and testing how you approach/react to these scenarios like Casper? Any guidance is greatly appreciated! (of course without breaking NDA and fairness and whatnot) TIA!

For those who have already interviewed, any advice/tips on how to prepare for the interview? Was the MMI rounds just ethical scenarios and testing how you approach/react to these scenarios like Casper? Any guidance is greatly appreciated! (of course without breaking NDA and fairness and whatnot) TIA!
All my MMI IIs has been like Casper lol. Answer as well as you can/honestly and you will be fine. GL and have a bless day!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Just got the A! I received the email at 12pm, interviewed on 8/31. IS

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
OOS A about an hour ago today, interviewed 9/14!

• Care
  • Wow
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
ACCEPTED!!! In state. I interviewed 9/7. I’m so freaking happy

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
OOS ACCEPTED

Last edited:
  • Care
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
I'm sorry but there really aren't any ways to prepare for them. I completed an MMI with Cinci and Toledo's was x100 the MMI. I'm assuming that they really want to see how you react/approach because all of the questions were SO unique and entirely unrelated to each other.

I'm sorry but there really aren't any ways to prepare for them. I completed an MMI with Cinci and Toledo's was x100 the MMI. I'm assuming that they really want to see how you react/approach because all of the questions were SO unique and entirely unrelated to each other.
I'm sorry, can you clarify what you mean by "Toledo's was x100 the MMI?" Not too sure what you mean by that.

I'm sorry, can you clarify what you mean by "Toledo's was x100 the MMI?" Not too sure what you mean by that.
I think they might just mean the questions are really out of left field and there's not really much way you can prepare other than just being yourself, since both Toledo and Cinci conduct MMI-style interviews but Toledo was truly just about the weirdest questions I've ever been asked but I ended up with the A so I guess my answers were ok haha.

I read the MMI book (The one called "MMI: Winning Strategies from Admissions Faculty") beforehand and it was helpful in how to structure my answer, but not in approaching any of the questions asked of me. Had to figure out all my answers on the spot.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
So sorry for not being clear enough! @reginaphalange00 completely covered what I meant. Cinci's MMI asked more situational questions where it felt like there were fewer "correct" answers, whereas Toledo's questions could have had many correct answers. In Toledo's, I couldn't tell if I was giving the answer they were looking for so it felt much more difficult and "more MMI" than Cinci's.

Reactions: 1 user
So sorry for not being clear enough! @reginaphalange00 completely covered what I meant. Cinci's MMI asked more situational questions where it felt like there were fewer "correct" answers, whereas Toledo's questions could have had many correct answers. In Toledo's, I couldn't tell if I was giving the answer they were looking for so it felt much more difficult and "more MMI" than Cinci's.
No worries, and thank you for the information. I really appreciate it!

No worries, and thank you for the information. I really appreciate it!
The interviewers were incredibly kind and it felt like they wanted you to succeed rather than be anxious/panic.

Hi, for those that interviewed, did anyone receive the "care package"? I interviewed back in October but never recieved

Hi, for those that interviewed, did anyone receive the "care package"? I interviewed back in October but never recieved
I never got it either! Disappointed because I was really curious what was in it.

I emailed the admissions office and they said they had some issues with mailing. They told me that I would receive mine by the end of this week and I interviewed on 10/31.

I emailed them about this a couple weeks ago and they said they should be coming soon! They had some issues with deliveries I guess

did anyone else get the email about decisions being delayed, does that mean interview invites are also being delayed?

On behalf of The University of Toledo’s MD Program Admissions Committee, I thank you for spending the day to interview with us.

Due to unforeseen circumstances, our final evaluation process is taking longer than initially anticipated. I sincerely apologize for the delay in the decision process. We know you are anxiously waiting to hear the decision on your interview.

Please be advised that once the decisions are made, we will send notifications on a rolling basis to applicants regarding their status. You will receive an email regarding your status, which will also be reported in your online application.

On behalf of the Admissions Office and the Admissions Committee, thank you for your patience and understanding.

On behalf of The University of Toledo’s MD Program Admissions Committee, I thank you for spending the day to interview with us.

Due to unforeseen circumstances, our final evaluation process is taking longer than initially anticipated. I sincerely apologize for the delay in the decision process. We know you are anxiously waiting to hear the decision on your interview.

Please be advised that once the decisions are made, we will send notifications on a rolling basis to applicants regarding their status. You will receive an email regarding your status, which will also be reported in your online application.

On behalf of the Admissions Office and the Admissions Committee, thank you for your patience and understanding.
What date did you interview? I interviewed on 10/31 but I didn't receive this email. Maybe it's for students that interviewed earlier that are supposed to be receiving decisions soon? Toledo sent me an email yesterday providing me with additional resources while waiting for my decision.

What date did you interview? I interviewed on 10/31 but I didn't receive this email. Maybe it's for students that interviewed earlier that are supposed to be receiving decisions soon? Toledo sent me an email yesterday providing me with additional resources while waiting for my decision.
I'm in the same boat

September beginning

Isn't the post II acceptance rate here like 82% most of yall who interviewed should be chilling

Hey guys! Now that December is on the horizon, if you've got an interview or acceptance in hand, now is a great time to sign up for a tour! You'll learn a lot about what to expect at the UTCOMLS by getting a tour from the Ambassadors, plus a personalized, in-person experience talking with current medical students. I got my tour around this time 2 years ago and it really made me fall in love with the school!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it is around 82% for OOS applicants as well.
I'm going to take this hopeful statement and sleep without anxiety for the first time since the beginning of this process LOL