2023-2024 UC Davis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So my lab volunteer who I wrote a letter of rec for gets a WL but I get a straight R.

This process makes no damn sense.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone gotten a Prime or any scholarly program interview recently, I’ve seen In previous threads they were giving waitlisted people some too, just curious!

Reactions: 1 user
top school, so can we really expect much movement?
Apparently it varies a lot year to year. Earlier in the thread someone mentioned that they have taken as little as 15 people off the WL and up to 75 in the last few years. So I don’t think we will know how much movement there is until it happens unfortunately

Has anyone gotten a Prime or any scholarly program interview recently, I’ve seen In previous threads they were giving waitlisted people some too, just curious!
Thats odd, I thought you had to for sure be accepted first to receive an interview for these programs?

Members don't see this ad :)
The waitlist email is just letting you know they are beginning to review waitlisted candidates and to keep a close eye on your email and phone after May 1st in case you are contacted. Offers will only be valid for three days after they’ve reached out to you. There have been no waitlist offers as of yet

Reactions: 3 users
The waitlist email is just letting you know they are beginning to review waitlisted candidates and to keep a close eye on your email and phone after May 1st in case you are contacted. Offers will only be valid for three days after they’ve reached out to you. There have been no waitlist offers as of yet
thanks for sharing!

In the WL email, does “When offers are extended, applicant decisions will be due within 3 days.” mean that we need to commit to enroll within 3 days?

In the WL email, does “When offers are extended, applicant decisions will be due within 3 days.” mean that we need to commit to enroll within 3 days?
I think this just means you have to respond to the offer within that timeframe (ie accept or decline it).

Reactions: 1 users
CHS program II today, WL in November.

Reactions: 2 users
CHS program II today, WL in November.
Just to clarify, you haven't got an A from them yet? If no acceptance, does getting chosen for one of the pathways mean that you get an acceptance to the program but are then committed to that pathway?

Just to clarify, you haven't got an A from them yet? If no acceptance, does getting chosen for one of the pathways mean that you get an acceptance to the program but are then committed to that pathway?
Correct, no A. From what I understand sometimes they will interview a waitlisted person for these programs. They made it pretty explicit in the email that getting this II does not impact my waitlist status (although I wonder if it does behind the scenes). They still have to accept me for regular MD before I can join this program. I assume that they try to be proactive and group their interviews for the accepted and those that are waitlisted but applied.

Waitlisted but did NOT receive that waitlist email.....does that mean something?

Waitlisted but did NOT receive that waitlist email.....does that mean something?
I also did not receive the WL email, but I did get an II for a pathway program too. I think its okay, let's just do our best in the pathway interview :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Correct, no A. From what I understand sometimes they will interview a waitlisted person for these programs. They made it pretty explicit in the email that getting this II does not impact my waitlist status (although I wonder if it does behind the scenes). They still have to accept me for regular MD before I can join this program. I assume that they try to be proactive and group their interviews for the accepted and those that are waitlisted but applied.
Yeah idk how much I’d believe it doesn’t have an impact lol. It just doesn’t make sense to me that they’d interview and possibly offer an acceptance to the program to someone, who if they are being true to their word, might not even get off the WL over someone who already has an acceptance.

Unless maybe they are expecting lots of WL movement, and they are just doing as you say in anticipation of it🤷‍♂️ Regardless, congratulations on the interview, I’m sure you will kill it and secure that A!

• Care
So my lab volunteer who I wrote a letter of rec for gets a WL but I get a straight R.

This process makes no damn sense.
so sorry about your R. I’m guessing it may have boiled down to your interview? I am so sorry. Don’t give up though. Hang in there.

What do you mean you did not receive the WL email? Did you have to check your status on their website? If so, how did you find out?

What do you mean you did not receive the WL email? Did you have to check your status on their website? If so, how did you find out?
Srry, my post is referring to a WL email update that they sent this last Wednesday to some, but not all, waitlisted ppl. I am one of the ppl who is waitlisted but didn't receive that update email.

Accepted 4/17 got my PAL with 0 scholarship not even need based help will be withdrawing my app.

Goodluck yall lol.

• Care
Accepted 4/17 got my PAL with 0 scholarship not even need based help will be withdrawing my app.

Goodluck yall lol.
Sorry to hear that, I hope you get some some fat scholarships wherever you end up!

Last edited:
  • Dislike

Goodluck yall lol.
I got the same thing, is there really no chance for receiving scholarships over the next month? It’s been less than a week for us. Haha

Hey Yall, I was wondering when the last day to commit to enroll for Davis is? Is it on April 30 , or is that just the plan to enroll? Thank you!

Hey Yall, I was wondering when the last day to commit to enroll for Davis is? Is it on April 30 , or is that just the plan to enroll? Thank you!
I’m not sure when the exact deadline to commit to enroll is for Davis, but April 30 is the deadline to “plan to enroll” per the AAMC traffic rules, meaning that you can only hold 1 acceptance at that point. However, you can remain on waitlists if you are on any :)

IS R interviewed 4/5. Disappointed since I can’t stay in state but also relieved since now I can commit to my favorite A. Good luck to everyone else!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
So on the WL email, when they mention decisions are due within 3 days of an offer, does it mean that you have to commit to enroll and withdraw all other acceptances and WL, or just withdraw any A’s?

So on the WL email, when they mention decisions are due within 3 days of an offer, does it mean that you have to commit to enroll and withdraw all other acceptances and WL, or just withdraw any A’s?
it refers to accepting their offer (on their applicant portal).

Now with the post-April 30th deadline, it also mean you must either "plan to enroll" OR "commit to enroll" on AMCAS.

"plan to enroll" allows you to hold a space at UC Davis while you might be waiting for another school from whom you have not yet received an acceptance. You must withdraw all other A's with this option.

With "commit to enroll" you are 100% certain you want to go to that school and must withdraw all applications from every other school.

it refers to accepting their offer (on their applicant portal).

Now with the post-April 30th deadline, it also mean you must either "plan to enroll" OR "commit to enroll" on AMCAS.

"plan to enroll" allows you to hold a space at UC Davis while you might be waiting for another school from whom you have not yet received an acceptance. You must withdraw all other A's with this option.

With "commit to enroll" you are 100% certain you want to go to that school and must withdraw all applications from every other school.
Awesome, thank you for your answer! So if we get another acceptance how long will we have to decide, 3 days? Does each school decide how long you can wait after an acceptance before possibly changing your PTE?

Awesome, thank you for your answer! So if we get another acceptance how long will we have to decide, 3 days? Does each school decide how long you can wait after an acceptance before possibly changing your PTE?
I do not know. What you've said sounds sensible to me though.