2023-2024 UC San Diego

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know the timeline for hearing back from them? Will we only get acceptance calls/emails, or will there also be rejection emails and such? Or is it radio silence? Just wondering, because the other school I got accepted to requires that I commit to enroll by July 1.

They don't reject people off of the WL, unless they're changing their protocols

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anybody have the COA for the 24-25 year? They only have the 23-24 year on the website
I don't think they published it yet because even in the finaid presentation during Second Look, they had 23-24 numbers. It increased <$2k from 22-23 to 23-24 ($71,630), so we can probably expect a similar increase this year.

Reactions: 1 user
And someone up there heard all of you.
Voila !!
Just showed up on the portal. It's 6:46 PM here BTW.
Phew !!!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I still have to write and send my update, there’s no deadline right? It’s just ASAP?

Does anyone know what UCSD's process is for taking student off the waitlist? I know it's unranked, but there's got to be some process/criteria they follow...

Does anyone know what UCSD's process is for taking student off the waitlist? I know it's unranked, but there's got to be some process/criteria they follow...

I stalked some really old threads so take this with a grain of salt but though they say it’s unranked, there is still some sort of an internal tier system + replacing similar applicant demographics.

I don’t think anyone will really know though since UCSD has historically been vague about this.

I stalked some really old threads so take this with a grain of salt but though they say it’s unranked, there is still some sort of an internal tier system + replacing similar applicant demographics.

I don’t think anyone will really know though since UCSD has historically been vague about this.
Ah okay, that makes sense! Thank you

Anyone have a guess as to when WL might start moving?
I went through 14 years of SDN threads. It starts as early as May 5th or as late as June 15th.
It looks like UCSD used to cut people off the waitlist back in the day around mid May, but they stopped this process unfortunately.
With many schools delaying PTE due to FAFSA implosion, I would guess that it would be later than usual.

I went through 14 years of SDN threads. It starts as early as May 5th or as late as June 15th.
It looks like UCSD used to cut people off the waitlist back in the day around mid May, but they stopped this process unfortunately.
With many schools delaying PTE due to FAFSA implosion, I would guess that it would be later than usual.
Something unusual happen with FAFSA this year?

Does anyone know how re-applying works with WL? Last year apps were submitted on June 1, but if we haven’t heard back from WL by then, do we re-apply on that date? I assume apps at places where we are WL will be hard not to get an interview at, but do we wait until after WL movement is done to submit the app? Any advice would be appreciated.

unrelated to waitlist movement, but do we know if people who get off the waitlist can still get on campus housing? I know that it's very in-demand so i'm wondering if we would still have that option if we (hopefully) get off the waitlist or if we would have to get housing off-campus?

So we won’t hear back after June 2nd?
No, you can hear back anytime, whenever enough people their drop acceptances so that they need to fill the class again.
Does anyone know how re-applying works with WL? Last year apps were submitted on June 1, but if we haven’t heard back from WL by then, do we re-apply on that date? I assume apps at places where we are WL will be hard not to get an interview at, but do we wait until after WL movement is done to submit the app? Any advice would be appreciated.
Apply as usual if you still don't have an acceptance, send re-applications to all schools that you want to as soon as you can for the best chance possible.

Everyone on this thread seems like they are on a first name basis with this Brian guy. Guess I need to look up who he is.🤠

To everyone else on the WL with me rn you can do it! Waiting sucks! We are almost there!
Take a hiatus with me from SDN and go on a run or something (even if we break and it only lasts a day)

how is everyone changing up their personal statement from the last time? and do we submit new letters of rec, even if from the same person? can they be the same ?

how is everyone changing up their personal statement from the last time? and do we submit new letters of rec, even if from the same person? can they be the same ?
I think the LORs have to have a current date, and yes they can be from same person. you need to add relevant updates to your personal statement since the last time you submitted.

unrelated to waitlist movement, but do we know if people who get off the waitlist can still get on campus housing? I know that it's very in-demand so i'm wondering if we would still have that option if we (hopefully) get off the waitlist or if we would have to get housing off-campus?
I was wondering the same thing, especially for students that are out of state. Does anyone know if it's still possible to get on campus housing with short notice?

I think the LORs have to have a current date, and yes they can be from same person. you need to add relevant updates to your personal statement since the last time you submitted.
n=1 but this cycle i used some letters as far back as 2021 that were still in my interfolio dossier and didn't have problems, so don't rule that out if needed. But yes, adcoms would like to see newer letters reflective of your most recent activities as well.

Withdrew my app from the waitlist to meet my CTE deadline for another program. Not meant to for me but manifesting that this opens a spot for one of you guys!

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
I was wondering the same thing, especially for students that are out of state. Does anyone know if it's still possible to get on campus housing with short notice?
You might not get the exact unit you want, but you'd get something. For example, 1bd/1ba units have longer waitlists and you'd be unlikely to get that if you apply for housing 1 month out. But other types of units have no waitlists, such as 3bd/2ba shared units, studios, etc. You can see the estimated wait times for all of the units on the UCSD grad housing website.