2023-2024 UC Davis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed last year and I still haven't gotten a secondary lol. They just come out slowly

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I have an IA (which happened over 4 years ago) for drinking on campus. I explained the IA on the primary app. Should I copy and paste the explanation on my secondary? Elaborate on it. or just put NA?
I also have an IA, I took the opportunity to elaborate more on it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is UC Davis known to be selective in who they send secondaries to?

OOS, 504 MCAT, 3.6 GPA, Engineering Undergrad degree. Should I not bother prewriting it?

Any ties to the area or their mission statement? If not then no

Reactions: 1 user
OOS, 504 MCAT, 3.6 GPA, Engineering Undergrad degree. Should I not bother prewriting it?
See my prior post: #70
Apply to other California schools that suit you, but UC Davis accepts virtually no OOS so it is a waste of your time

Last edited:
Still no secondary for me. 3.9/517 IS. Should I be concerned? Received UCLA, Irvine, UCSD, riverside

Still no secondary for me. 3.9/517 IS. Should I be concerned? Received UCLA, Irvine, UCSD, riverside
Same. Unfortunately, I am a child of a physician. So from them having my family’s income for the last 15 years, I am assuming there is no way I am getting a secondary, mission fit or not.

• Dislike
Same. Unfortunately, I am a child of a physician. So from them having my family’s income for the last 15 years, I am assuming there is no way I am getting a secondary, mission fit or not.
I don't think that rules you out as a candidate-- I know multiple children of physicians who went to Davis for med school. The disadvantaged score just helps level the playing field for people who probably didn't have opportunities like shadowing their parents/at their parent's place of work. Good mission fit and stats are still major parts of your application!

Last edited:
I got a interview last year as the son of two physicians. This year I didn't get a secondary even lol. They like people who mark themselves as disadvantaged, which I didn't do this year, used it for my new PS. So I think that's why they don't like me anymore lololol

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a interview last year as the son of two physicians. This year I didn't get a secondary even lol. They like people who mark themselves as disadvantaged, which I didn't do this year, used it for my new PS. So I think that's why they don't like me anymore lololol
lol so if I'm not disadvantaged they won't consider me? That seems weird

I did not mark myself as disadvantaged but I was still sent a secondary. Granted I'm IS in Nothern CA, but I don't think anything is a necessity. I'm sure they still consider people across all backgrounds, diversity in multiple realms is important after all.

Well look at msar. Like 60 something percent is disadvantaged. I'm just speculating, because my current application is serveal standard deviations better than last year. But who knows, so many moving parts.

I had two questions/opinions I wanted to ask here:

1) For question #1 - Discuss any elements of your application that you feel might be concerning to the Admissions Committee. I was thinking about talking about my first MCAT take (got a 500), but retook anf got a 507, would this be appropriate? Or should I just put N/A (I have no institutional actions nor legal violations, my GPA and SGCPA was 3.9)

2) For the acitivies section, would it be okay to add a COMPLETELY NEW activity (that was not on the AMCAS primary?) I recently started a new clinical volunteer experience that I believe is interesting and fits with the mission, though I am unsure if I need to only use one of the ones from my primary.

Thank You!

I already submitted my app 07/17 but I was reviewing it just to double check I got everything in and I went to the activities section. I no longer see "Briefly describe this activity and its significance. How did it prepare you for a medical career?" nor my answer to that question. Was this removed? Or am I not seeing my submission properly on my end?

Last edited:
I already submitted my app 07/17 but I was reviewing it just to double check I got everything in and I went to the activities section. I no longer see "Briefly describe this activity and its significance. How did it prepare you for a medical career?" nor my answer to that question. Was this removed? Or am I not seeing my submission properly on my end?
Mine was removed as well

I am the dictionary definition of well off and privileged and I got a secondary, I dont think theyll count it against you mate

Imagine a world where being a child of a physician is an unfortunate situation lol

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

1) For question #1 - Discuss any elements of your application that you feel might be concerning to the Admissions Committee. I was thinking about talking about my first MCAT take (got a 500), but retook anf got a 507, would this be appropriate? Or should I just put N/A (I have no institutional actions nor legal violations, my GPA and SGCPA was 3.9)

2) For the acitivies section, would it be okay to add a COMPLETELY NEW activity (that was not on the AMCAS primary?) I recently started a new clinical volunteer experience that I believe is interesting and fits with the mission, though I am unsure if I need to only use one of the ones from my primary.

Thank You!

1) no your mcat isn’t part of your academic history so wouldn’t be relevant

2) yeah that’s fine as long as you’ve gained something from that making it meaningful to you. I have not been marking any of the most meaningful in the initial activities section

anyone still not receive secondary? IS (socal)

Reactions: 2 users

Thank You!
I put mcat last year and got an interview. Use it to show growth

+4. IS, UC Davis undergrad, from 45 min south of Sac, various connections to UC Davis Health and the SOM. Most of my letters are from UCD faculty. still nothing. Was verified 7/20. Still pretty early according to their "timeline." Tryna stay positive.

I'm just speculating, but maybe they haven't gotten to primaries verified after the 14th of July? I've only seen people get secondaries that were verified 7/13 and earlier.

I'm just speculating, but maybe they haven't gotten to primaries verified after the 14th of July? I've only seen people get secondaries that were verified 7/13 and earlier.
I was verified 6/22 still waiting :') but i assume given my orm/lack of ties im close to the bottom of the pile, there's still lots of time

I was verified late July so I don’t think it’s that. Think the UCs are a little weird with when they send out secondaries, still haven’t gotten ucsf

I only sent my primary to them 7/17 and I got the secondary by 7/20

I might be crazy but I can't see my 500 words description for the activities section when I reviewed my submitted apps. Is this the same for everyone?

I might be crazy but I can't see my 500 words description for the activities section when I reviewed my submitted apps. Is this the same for everyone?
+1 Can anyone confirm if this is normal or should we email adcom?

Reactions: 1 users
+1 Can anyone confirm if this is normal or should we email adcom?
From past threads and this one, seems everyone has the same experience. It looks like no one can see their activity descriptions after submission.

Also, the calendar has interview dates that start next week. Maybe the first wave of II will be seen tomorrow!

From past threads and this one, seems everyone has the same experience. It looks like no one can see their activity descriptions after submission.

Also, the calendar has interview dates that start next week. Maybe the first wave of II will be seen tomorrow!
what calendar are you referring to?

IS II received today!!! Extremely excited about this one 🤞🏼

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
I’m a reapp and applied to Davis last year. I got my secondary sometime in September, so keep waiting! Hope is not lost yet

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users