2023-2024 Uniformed Services (USUHS)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone know if the waitlists are separated by branch or if everyone is in one pool? I put Navy first and Army second but am wondering if I should switch up the order of my branch preferences.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone know if the waitlists are separated by branch or if everyone is in one pool? I put Navy first and Army second but am wondering if I should switch up the order of my branch preferences.
From what I understand they go by branch for the most part. If they are getting to the point where WL movement is slowing down and they don’t expect much more movement they may offer you a spot in another branch if you’re at the top of the WL but no Navy spots are open. They want you to get the branch of service that you chose originally if at all possible so idk if I’d switch preference unless you really don’t care which branch between Army or Navy.

Has anyone here gotten off the waitlist for army recently? Keeping my fingers, toes, and eyes crossed

Members don't see this ad :)
From what I understand they go by branch for the most part. If they are getting to the point where WL movement is slowing down and they don’t expect much more movement they may offer you a spot in another branch if you’re at the top of the WL but no Navy spots are open. They want you to get the branch of service that you chose originally if at all possible so idk if I’d switch preference unless you really don’t care which branch between Army or Navy.
How do you know that no navy spots are open… someone just got off of it this morning

How do you know that no navy spots are open… someone just got off of it this morning
I’m not saying there aren’t spots open in any particular branch I have no idea what they have open right now or what WL may look like in the coming weeks. I’m just saying that they tend to accept by your chosen branch until near the end of overall WL movement at which point they may offer you a spot in another branch if you’re highly ranked on the WL but no spot is open in your top branch choice. This is just my understanding from talking to some faculty and previous applicants. Hoping you all see some good movement soon 😊

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone here gotten off the waitlist for army recently? Keeping my fingers, toes, and eyes crossed
Looks like there's been a handful since April 30th...not as many as I expected although it could be that people are getting A's but just aren't active on SDN. Hopefully we'll see some more movement soon!

Has anyone reached out to Dr. Holt directly via email and received any sort of meaninful update on their watilist position? I dont want to annoy her but it would be nice to have an update on how it is moving along/ where I am.

Has anyone reached out to Dr. Holt directly via email and received any sort of meaninful update on their watilist position? I dont want to annoy her but it would be nice to have an update on how it is moving along/ where I am.
i will say that i have reached out to Dr. Holt about other things and i found her to be irresponsive , i would have to send a follow up email a week after my initial and sometimes additional ones after that. still waiting on an answer about a question i asked about two weeks ago

i will say that i have reached out to Dr. Holt about other things and i found her to be irresponsive , i would have to send a follow up email a week after my initial and sometimes additional ones after that. still waiting on an answer about a question i asked about two weeks ago
Second this...she responded quickly to one email but I had to follow up on a second correspondence a week after sending it. Not sure if your admissions counselor would be a better route to go through regarding the detail you would get in response to your question.

I asked my admissions counselor if there will be more movement. She said the class is already filled… :( also, I thought we can talk to adcom members about feedback but she said I can’t do that… I’m confused..

I asked my admissions counselor if there will be more movement. She said the class is already filled… :( also, I thought we can talk to adcom members about feedback but she said I can’t do that… I’m confused..
Hey everyone, thanks for the congrats. I do appreciate the support.

This information does not sound accurate. I am going to speak with the admissions advisor for my group now to verify this information. Ain't no way it's already filled.

I will try to get back to all inbox responses as soon as I can, btw. I haven't been near a computer for a minute since finding out.

Reactions: 5 users
Hey everyone, thanks for the congrats. I do appreciate the support.

This information does not sound accurate. I am going to speak with the admissions advisor for my group now to verify this information. Ain't no way it's already filled.

I will try to get back to all inbox responses as soon as I can, btw. I haven't been near a computer for a minute since finding out.
Yes please! Thank you I appreciate it!

According to my advisor, this is what I was told:

“The seats have been filled but we have had drops which opened a few selections. As I said the Waitlist has been moving the past few weeks so there is still an opportunity. The class is not closed as of yet.”

Reactions: 1 users
Just heard back from my admissions counselor, and she also said “the class is currently filled.” Guess we’ll just have to keep waiting :(

Just heard back from my admissions counselor, and she also said “the class is currently filled.” Guess we’ll just have to keep waiting :(
Same here. The only positive thing I could think of is that currently they have 170 (or-so) acceptances offered. So maybe not necessarily that 170 (or-so) have actually then accepted the A but just have been offered. I say that because I know they can't have more acceptances offered then spots available in the class. Just a thought, we will see though!

Reactions: 2 users
Same here. The only positive thing I could think of is that currently they have 170 (or-so) acceptances offered. So maybe not necessarily that 170 (or-so) have actually then accepted the A but just have been offered. I say that because I know they can't have more acceptances offered then spots available in the class. Just a thought, we will see though!

Thank you for this! I just need some reassurance at this point

Thank you for this! I just need some reassurance at this point
Yeah from what I understand the counselors/admissions faculty can't be too descript in their responses about the waitlist and timelines. Basically, I think "Currently the class is full" is much different then the eventual "The class is finalized" email.

Last edited: