2023-2024 Utah

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
We think there's still gonna be another wave of acceptances?
Seems like there haven't been a ton of acceptances reported yet and they only interviewed 350 so I would think they likely aren't done yet. I think I heard that there was a large wave in March of last year but I could be wrong...

Members don't see this ad.

It’s wild they take so long. They finished interviews months ago and still couldn’t make decisions. Super inefficient organization

Reactions: 1 user
No A from me (interviewed in September) but my friend (IS, interviewed in October) got an acceptance call earlier this week.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hoping for the best, expecting the worst 😅

Manifesting this A for us all, they just testing our patience. That A call we rec will be worth the wait 🤝

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Does anyone have any idea how many people they waitlist and what proportion get off the waitlist?

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS WL as well, the gangs all here 🫡

Reactions: 1 users
I haven't seen any post II R on here, do they just waitlist everyone?

WL +1

Attachments

• IMG_4179.jpeg
    IMG_4179.jpeg
    75.2 KB · Views: 49
Hey y'all, I'm filling put the scholarship application now. The people reading these essays aren't also on the admissions committee, right? Just asking because two of the essay questions (volunteering and leadership) are topics I've already written to the U of U about...twice each...

Hey y'all, I'm filling put the scholarship application now. The people reading these essays aren't also on the admissions committee, right? Just asking because two of the essay questions (volunteering and leadership) are topics I've already written to the U of U about...twice each...
they said in one of the emails that you need to write about anything you want included bc they do not have your app

yeah having to list activities AGAIN after doing it in the secondary and primary doesn’t make a ton of sense

it’s finally the week to find out for the rest of y’all! sending good wishes!

• Care
You'll still have time if you got WL'ed, someone at my work waited till the end of May last year to get off the WL. I got rejected tho but I'll be back in 4 years for residency B-). Good luck guys!

I've heard waitlists everywhere are moving slow because of the delays in fafsa. Accepted students aren't making decisions and giving up As because no financial aid is going out.
even with that people still tend to not drop As until April 15 (PTE) and April 30 (CTE)

Is anyone else experiencing glitching with this scholarship app? It won't save one of the questions with my text. Each time I go back, it's the only text I'm missing.

Is anyone else experiencing glitching with this scholarship app? It won't save one of the questions with my text. Each time I go back, it's the only text I'm missing.
I haven’t been able to submit the application, but it’s because I can’t select an option for “year in school for 2024/2025,” and the app won’t let me proceed because that answer is blank.

I didn’t see until an email yesterday that there are extra steps once you ‘submit and apply for scholarships,’ but I can’t get to those other forms because of the error.

I sent an email around 4 and tried calling financial aid, but never got any response 🤷🏽‍♂️ so I’m preparing to be SOL for scholarships here.

I haven’t been able to submit the application, but it’s because I can’t select an option for “year in school for 2024/2025,” and the app won’t let me proceed because that answer is blank.

I didn’t see until an email yesterday that there are extra steps once you ‘submit and apply for scholarships,’ but I can’t get to those other forms because of the error.

I sent an email around 4 and tried calling financial aid, but never got any response 🤷🏽‍♂️ so I’m preparing to be SOL for scholarships here.
Update on my issue: I was able to make it save by literally typing each word into the text box. Didn't have to do this for the other ones smh..

I'm so sorry!! I don't know how to help with the year in school bit, but I also got an error the first time, and it was because I did what they warned me not to do, which is paste from Google Docs straight into the text box. If you're doing that, try pasting it into a text editor and clearing the formating. Doing that helped me move to the other parts of the app.

Lots of people in the class GroupMe reported the same problem, and I think the admin has to change it on their end.

I got an email that they are aware of technical problems and have extended the application’s deadline until Tuesday night now.

that's relieving to hear. I was able to submit my app but when I went back to make sure it worked, my class year was listed as MSII and I couldn't change it... I'm hoping they can reset it 😅 What a mess

Have there been any post-interview Rs? Or did everyone get WL?

Also received Promise 2 U this afternoon. Never heard of this program, does anybody have any info/know anybody who's been in it? Thank you!

does a promise 2 U invite mean I'm no longer on the waitlist?
I emailed them about this. They said that your waitlist position is secure and that they just sent that to any waitlisted people who meet the criteria for Promise2U. So you're still on the waitlist! :)

Have there been any post-interview Rs? Or did everyone get WL?
My R was post II. IS. However, I told the interviewer money was a deciding factor for me in choosing to become a physician, which I'm pretty sure that's why I have a R lmao. Still got accepted somewhere else though.

For those who applied for the Population Health Scholars forgivable loan, does anybody know when we can expect to hear back about whether we got it?

For those who applied for the Population Health Scholars forgivable loan, does anybody know when we can expect to hear back about whether we got it?
i just asked in the canvas questions page a few days ago- i’ll let you know when i hear!

Got office of admission scholarship email and wasn't selected, will be withdrawing soon. Good luck to everyone on the WL!

• Care