2023-2024 Wright State (Boonshoft)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This is very random, but what exams need to be done before med school in terms of TB tests, vaccinations etc ?

So they ask you to have it all completed beforehand, (form in BSOM’s website, along with AAMC form) but truly not required until clerkships. It’ll just save you the hassle of having to rush and get it done later

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
So got an email.. BSOM extended PTE deadline until May 7th and said they’ll have all financial aid info for scholarship winners on May 7th too.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Plan to enroll is different than commit to enroll tool on AMCAS for April 30th ?
PTE is on AMCAS. It is supposed to be April 30th and BSOM extended until May 7th. CTE is school specific but not until June/July for most places.

For waitlist movement do you know if schools use PTE to give out more acceptances or CTE ?

PTE is on AMCAS. It is supposed to be April 30th and BSOM extended until May 7th. CTE is school specific but not until June/July for most places.
if I’m waiting on financial aid info to make a decision between wright and another school, can I now pte at the other school and technically switch when wright sends out more info?
Or if I PTE at another school with Wright withdraw my acceptance?

if I’m waiting on financial aid info to make a decision between wright and another school, can I now pte at the other school and technically switch when wright sends out more info?
Or if I PTE at another school with Wright withdraw my acceptance?
Yes to my knowledge, but make sure to switch before May 7th if u plan on attending BSOM!

Waitlist Week is here ♥️🙏🏾✅😱

What is waitlist week ?
plan to enroll deadline for most places is tmrw. this means a lot of schools have a better idea on how full the class is and start taking people off the waitlist in greater volumes. several schools are going to start to make calls tmrw (i.e. vanderbilt). most schools will start may 1. some schools may start later if they extended PTE deadline due to delays in fafsa and financial aid offers.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OMG 😱 it has begun —Congrats my love ❤️🥳🥳🥳

That’s so exciting! You were literally just saying that offers would ramp up this week ! Here we go everyone hold on tight for the ride lol 😂

Mine just came!! A off waitlist!!

You guys are up next!!!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Just got the A off the waitlist as well! Prayers up to everyone else that more offers are coming soon!

I also just got off! hoping good news for everyone soon - is it still possible to get financial aid if you get off a waitlist?

CONGRATSSS EVERYONE!!! now im nervoussss im top 3rd and just anxiously checking every 2 min

CONGRATSSS EVERYONE!!! now im nervoussss im top 3rd and just anxiously checking every 2 min
Same girl —and I also check AMCAS to look at choose your medical school tool 😃 kinda paranoid

Same girl —and I also check AMCAS to look at choose your medical school tool 😃 kinda paranoid
Sorry this may be a stupid question but what are you checking the choose your medical school tool to see? Just wanting to make sure I’m also stalking too 😂

Sorry this may be a stupid question but what are you checking the choose your medical school tool to see? Just wanting to make sure I’m also stalking too 😂
To ensure I didn’t miss the email notification 📣 my mind telling me maybe I just didn’t get the email so go look on AMCAS —my delusion 😁

All the schools your accepted to populate on the choose your medical school tool —I also recently updated my email

Just to calm some worries, but I got the acceptance email and acceptance offer before the acceptance auto-populated on the CYMS tool. You won't miss it when the emails come through! Y'alls time is coming, there's bound to be a lot more movement in the next couple of weeks!

Reactions: 2 users
To ensure I didn’t miss the email notification 📣 my mind telling me maybe I just didn’t get the email so go look on AMCAS —my delusion 😁

All the schools your accepted to populate on the choose your medical school tool —I also recently updated my email
Ohh ok I get it now haha yes I will definitely be stalking as well 😅

• Care
I think all the waitlist acceptances so far have been from the top third.

OOS Acceptance, received email this morning. All the best everyone waiting to hear back.

anyone been accepted off the waitlist in the middle group?
Probably too early for that but they have gone to the middle group in multiple years over the last 5-6 years so there is definitely a good chance especially if they are going to the first 3rd prior to the May 1st date which they started doing two weeks ago.

Guys I’m going to a medical school 😁🥳🥳🥳🎈😱😱📣📣 Accepted ♥️🙏🏾

• Love
Reactions: 19 users
OOS A from top third of the waitlist this morning via email. I declined the offer. Hope it goes to one of you lovely people on the WL. Sending good vibes ❤️

Last edited:
I've decided to withdraw from the WL and commit elsewhere. Good luck, y'all!

Does anyone know what time the white coat ceremony will be?

It’s been quiet in here the last few days Maybe when we get closer to the deadline there will be movement ??!! Hopefully

PTE deadline is May 30th, financial aid is sent May 15th - maybe more movement after one of these days?