2023-2024 Michigan State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those of you recently accepted from the WL, how many days did they give you to accept or decline? Trying to gauge when the next round of WL acceptances might be.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a theory that i have absolutely zero backing behind but thought I’d share cause we’re all in such agony!! Someone here said that the committee met April 15 to discuss waitlist applicants and then we saw some people accepted from waitlist last week. My friend on a waitlist for a diff school (also a state school..idk if that means anything lol) said that her school’s website says that their committee meets every month on the 15th. MSU says that they do waitlist by continuously looking at all the waitlist applicants instead of just ordering them and accepting from the top. So my theory is that they’re meeting today to discuss the next applicants to take off the waitlist lol…again this is based on legitimately nothing I’m just mis

Reactions: 2 users
I have a theory that i have absolutely zero backing behind but thought I’d share cause we’re all in such agony!! Someone here said that the committee met April 15 to discuss waitlist applicants and then we saw some people accepted from waitlist last week. My friend on a waitlist for a diff school (also a state school..idk if that means anything lol) said that her school’s website says that their committee meets every month on the 15th. MSU says that they do waitlist by continuously looking at all the waitlist applicants instead of just ordering them and accepting from the top. So my theory is that they’re meeting today to discuss the next applicants to take off the waitlist lol…again this is based on legitimately nothing I’m just mis

Solid theory. Rolling with it

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah that makes sense to me lol. But in the past they have accepted people every week, unless everyone is committing to msu then that sucks cuz there will be barely any WL movement

Another theory: Maybe they’ve got a handful of applicants they want to accept after reviewing on April 15th and as the number of already accepted applicants withdraw, they pull simultaneously from apps they reviewed

Then when they’ve exhausted all the accepted students from April 15th they go through another round of reviewing and hand out the A’s once accepted applicants withdraw later down the road

Again just another theory

If it makes anyone feel better, they’ve started to answer emails

Yeah that makes sense to me lol. But in the past they have accepted people every week, unless everyone is committing to msu then that sucks cuz there will be barely any WL movement
This makes sense too. I also heard that there are many schools that are behind this cycle. I believe that most people started withdrawing after may 1st, and may be they decided to wait a bit before meeting and giving decisions. I just hope that this stress period ends soon

Did they inform you about anything

All they said was they don't have any information to offer if you're waitlisted, that the waitlist is unranked, and you should watch your email/phone at all times

Reactions: 1 users
they just emailed me back saying that there will be little movement in the next few weeks