2023-2024 Western Michigan (Stryker)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS Pre-II R

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected pre-phone interview. Was placed on the waitlist last cycle and this really bummed me out.

Just canceled my interview and withdrew my application here, seems like a great school with a wonderful culture. Good luck to you all.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
When is a reasonable timeframe to follow up after the phone interview?

Declined my II. I hope it goes to one of you deserving applicants!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Can folks who’ve virtually interviewed here already share their review/thoughts on the process? Interviewing this week!

Reactions: 1 users
Can folks who’ve virtually interviewed here already share their review/thoughts on the process? Interviewing this week!
it was p chill, interview was open file, day was condensed and efficient which was nice

Reactions: 1 user
OOS II just now, I did the phone interview back in late September

Congratulations on the interview invites!! Hopefully the cycle gods choose me soon

Loved this schools interview day...should be a gold standard for some of these other schools to look at.

Reactions: 5 users
I thought they had said that we should expect to hear in three weeks. I'm not sure that they'll finish reviewing for us by Feb 19th cause it's pretty close
They told us to expect decisions the week of Feb 19th so I assume that's their next one!

I thought they had said that we should expect to hear in three weeks. I'm not sure that they'll finish reviewing for us by Feb 19th cause it's pretty close
I could have sworn they said that they said decisions come out within 3 weeks, and that we'd be included in the meeting that takes place on the week of the 19th (not exactly the 19th). So It's going to be about 2 weeks from now most likely. Either way not a very long wait if its 2 or 3.

The hand written thank you note from the school was such a nice touch!

Interviewed on 2/9, we were told we’d hear back this week so praying it’s earlier in the week

They said Wed, Thurs, or Friday during my interview last week.
I wanted to send a letter of intent now that it's become my top choice...is that stupid to send one when I should be getting my decision at the end of the week? Do you think they've already made decisions and are just sending out during those times?

I wanted to send a letter of intent now that it's become my top choice...is that stupid to send one when I should be getting my decision at the end of the week? Do you think they've already made decisions and are just sending out during those times?
I would wait until after you get a decision. A letter of intent isn’t going to save u from an R, but if u get waitlisted, it can help you then!

I mean just practically speaking, they probably already have made decisions unless you interviewed in the past couple weeks. Probably better to use if waitlisted considering theres likely a decent amount of movement.

Reactions: 1 user
I mean just practically speaking, they probably already have made decisions unless you interviewed in the past couple weeks. Probably better to use if waitlisted considering theres likely a decent amount of movement.
I would wait until after you get a decision. A letter of intent isn’t going to save u from an R, but if u get waitlisted, it can help you then!
I figured! Thank you both.

I just got the A! Interviewed on 2/9

• Love