Asian parental woes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think that parents want to be supportive, but for the most part, don't know how.

I usually run a mix of fierce love and total exasperation with my mom. When I told her I was applying for med school, she was like "So when do you start?" - like it was a done deal and just a simple thing. Then when I told her I didn't get in the first try, she was all confused, like "How could they reject you?"

To her, I can accomplish anything I want to do, and it is this unshakable belief in my abilities that causes her much confusion - and total hair-pulling on my part. No one else has the faith in my abilities that she has, but it causes a lot of anguish when things don't turn out the way she expects.

When I got rejected the first time around, she was already telling me that it was okay, that maybe I should do something else - like she didn't want to see me fail at anything, and not experience rejection again.

With interracial relationships, it was pretty much that standard "Don't you want to marry a Korean girl?" When it became pretty obvious that I was getting married to a non-Korean, she did a 180 and basically said that anyone that I loved she would love. It's a weird kind of acceptance and support, but I'll take it.

What else can I do - she's my mom.

- Tae

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by Amit1
It was so funny - I shat a brick. Sometimes Indian parents try to help but just fu*k things up. Then we also heard the father who produced this "biodata" yelling at his daughter behind closed doors. "You know you aren't Aishwara Rai, quit being so damn picky".
:laugh: :laugh:

Sorry, I don't have much to add to this thread. Although as a desi, I can relate to some extent. To everyone bitching about indian/asian parents: Yes, they're demanding. Yes, they can be unreasonable at times. Yes, many are unable to comprehend how difficult it is to jump through all the hoops in the med school admissions process in this country. (Back in India, it's all academic merit based, none of this extracurricular stuff matters) And yes, way too many are too hung up on status/wealth.

But in the end, they really do want what's best for you. It's not just all abt bragging rights and being able to say "my son or daughter is in medical school." Although my parents are pretty cool abt not putting pressure on me, I'd rather have parents that cared too much about my education and what I do with my life vs having parents who don't really give a ****.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by BritneySpearsMD2B
First of all, 29 on the MCAT is not good. I'm not trying to flame you but hopefully you can improve it, if that's what you really want (nervous breakdowns??). Secondly, you shouldn't feel insulted by going to a Caribbean school since they cater to US rejects (i.e. you - well, let's hope not...).

ANY score on the MCAT that gets you into a US med-school is "good enough"....that means a 26 to a 36.

Second, what did you get on your MCAT that makes you an expert on whether this score will get him in.

Third, you ain't nothin but a hoe ass biiiaaaaaaaaccchhh!

I am glad so many Indian and Persian parents push their kids into Med school.

I have been able to hook up with three Indian chicks that were smoking hot my first year in med school. Right now I have been seeing a Persian chick who blows them all away. What is weird is that after six months she still can't tell her parents she has a boyfriend. She says that as far as her parents officially know she has never had a boyfriend and never done IT(even though she has had boyfriends and been doing IT for awhile). That seems really unrealistic to me for her parents to believe considering she is 25. One time she left her cell phone in a cab and somehow her parents called it and she was all freaked out that they would learn she had been out clubbing. But she gets done up and is out clubbing 5-6 times a month until 5 am.

I was under the impression that you wanted some advice. Little did I know that you just wanted us to wipe the tears from your eyes because you don't the cojones to stand on your 2 feet at the age of 23. I don't even know where to begin but here goes...

If you were intelligent, you'd realize the difference between a 29 and say, a 33 is a mere 4-5 questions better per section.

This is a ridiculous statement! 29 is below avg for matriculants whereas 33 is above. If it's so easy to get a 33, why don't you retake it to maximize your chances? There are people who get in with mid 20s and get rejected with mid 30s. Hopefully, you'll beat the odds.

But getting comments like, "should he apply to a caribbean school?" really bother me. I'm not such a failure, don't speak to me as such.

This is yet another reason why I had to bring you down to reality. People with sub-30 MCATs shouldn't be "insulted" by Caribbean schools! If I didn't get into a US school I would be more than willing to the Caribbean or Mars or wherever to fulfil my dream. When (if?) you get into a US school, you get be as cocky as you want.

I do think 29R is a good score for me. 1) I started from SCRATCH, 2) I took the verbal section and writing section cold, not having prepared at all

Everybody starts from SCRATCH. I don't know anyone who studied for the MCAT in kindergarten. Why did you go in cold? What's wrong with preparing? I guess if you're not paying your own way it doesn't really matter, right? That was the original point of my argument. If you moved out of the house after high school and paid your own way you wouldn't be in this mess that you're in now. Having your parents pay for everything works for some people but it hasn't worked for you. Otherwise, why are you here complaining?

Many people take Kaplan

So why didn't you? After all, money isn't an issue for you:

I have virtually unlimited financial resources, my education is paid for...in short, I don't have a lot of the stresses of bills, loans, lack of $, etc.

I like the idea of taking a year off and exploring new ways of being apart from playing the role of driven/focused student.

Umm...how exactly are you going to support yourself during this year off? Don't flatter yourself - you're really not that "driven/focused" as you think your are. If you were, you wouldn't have gone into the MCAT "cold."

One of my best friends from med school is Indian and she tells me her biggest fear is marrying a Mama's Boy. Imagine that! I have nothing but respect for your parents and anyone else that works hard to give their best for their families. Clearly this work ethic hasn't rubbed off on you.

Part of me applied late because I didn't really want to get in this year anyway.

No kidding!

By no means was this something really so insisted upon (except when I was considering dental school and my dad said that they, along with surgeons, are mere carpenters).

I dare you to tell that to any surgeon or dentist to their face. I'm sure they'll get offended at first but after you tell them that you're 23 and your parents still are calling the plays, they'll get a good laugh out of it. I know I did!

I don't have all day but I think you get the picture. Basically, you have a lot of growing up to do. With some maturity, maybe you'll make a great doctor. Getting a 29 without studying too hard is a good sign. Many people study all summer and can't even get that. You seem smart enough to get in but taking care of others is a big responsibility

The bottom line is this: If you can't take care of yourself at the age of 23, how can you take care of others? Think about it...

Good luck!

BritneySpears -- I'll hit you baby one more time. You suck.

Get a life, and stop tearing apart people with a 29, which is a solid score, and should by no means be "the problem" for anyone trying to get into med school.

Why do you have to be such a raging bitch? Go out and buy yourself some intelligence and ideas with a point.

Kiss it.

I just want to say that this sort of attitude is not limited to Asian and Indian parents. Russian immigrant parents are the same way. Acceptable areas of study for a Russian are physics, mathematics, computer science, biology, and sometimes economics. My family has been rather good about not forcing me into anything, though they have expressed strong interest in me following in the footsteps of three generations of women in my family (all doctors) and my finding and marrying a nice Russian Jew. I really don't know at the present whether I am going into medicine because I was raised by doctor mother, doctor grandmother, doctor aunt and doctor great-aunts, who brainwashed me to think that this is the way to go since I was little or whether I came to this conclusion independently. I like to beleive in my independence, but as a daughter and granddaughter of psychiatrists, I do wonder.
Some of my Russian parents are worse. One of my friends was told by her father that he was disappointed that she went for such an easy major (neuroscience) when she could be doing physics or mathematics. Also, Russians are shocked when they find out that I cannot play any musical instruments and that I never even tried to learn. And my dislike of math is simply heretical.

While 29 is a solid score for the average applicant pool...sad to say that you're not really competing with them for spots. You're mostly being compared to other ORMs who's MCAT scores are around 33. I think a lot of it has to do with stereotypes that ORMs carry ("good at science, bad at verbal") So your 8 doesn't help. That being said...your MCAT scores are prolly not the reason that you aren't in right now. Facts are facts...you're competing with other ORMs and you have to show yourself to be unique in other areas. Whether it is your activities, LORs, personal essay, etc. The bar is set higher for ORMs...but that's life. Life isn't fair. It's a lot of luck too. If you went in with the same exact application last year or next year...who knows, you might get in.

btw. Don't worry about your parents. They're not gonna disown you if you don't get in. Parents like to push their kids.

Dude, Britney, get over yourself.

Where's TeinVI when you need him??

Just out of curiousity, Britney, how old are you and what have you done that makes you the wise sage of SDN, pitying us young helpless souls?

what ppl espousing this western mantra- do what makes YOU happy, don't let other's judge you, etc- don't understand is that as a south-asian kid your own happiness is v.much intertwined with your family's happiness.

what a fun thread! keep fanning the flames.

Britney ORIGINAL QUOTE:
I was under the impression that you wanted some advice. Little did I know that you just wanted us to wipe the tears from

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Part 2
quote from britney:

Last edited:
Ok, I have had enough of this BS.

brittney: you were a bit rude and used generalizations but again you are entitled to your opinion. and who isn't rude every once in a while...;)

NT: if you spent half the time studying for the MCAT that you spent on those two posts...your score should go up by two points. first things first...you can't take things personally. you must accept all comments when you post a thread such as yours. remember parents are very important but ultimately they will accept you regardless (if they don't, then you say peace to them). so stop making excuses. take some time off... you have a lot of growing up to do before you start a career helping other people.

BTW: wrong thread but I am too lazy to post a new thread. Doctors without Borders are really badass. there is a story about two of them on cnn.com who stayed in Iraq during the bombings helping civilians.

Originally posted by TroutBum
Where's TeinVI when you need him??

As former president of the now defunct TeinII fan club I feel I must make a contribution to this thread on behalf of TeinVII:

threadlock.jpg

WOW. i am amazed at the battle that has erupted here. when i first read britney's comments i was a struck by her audacity . . . but i'm not going to sit here and "flame" anyone on SDN. neurotrancer, u have every right to be a little upset at those comments, but don't take it too personally man. it's just SDN. just chill . :cool: u're gonna be okay in the end. good luck!

ah. a thread that i can definitely relate to (except for the flames, but i'm actively ignoring that).
so i was in total denial that i was premed all through undergrad. i can't say that is 100% because of youthful rebellion against my korean mommy, but it was definitely a part of it. i didn't want to give her that satisfaction of being able to tell her friends that i was going to be a doctor. :) but i finally came to my senses, and had this conversation with my mom -
manta: so, i decided that i want to be a doctor
oma: ah! good. a baby doctor?
manta: well, no. i like infectious diseases!
oma: ....
oma: what about researcher? K (my cousin) is making lots of money working for NAhSA. aerospace engineer! and T (mom's friend's daughter, my age) is going to be lawyer!
manta: ....

i love my mommy. she's just so predictable about these kinds of things. :love:
and, for the OP w/ the 29....don't stress. i went from a 28 to a 32. my GPA sucks, so i had to get a decent MCAT score. depending on your GPA, it may not matter so much. good luck! :)

-I have 2 asian parents who never encouraged me to go to medicine (outright discouraged me).
-29 R is not bad as far as mcat scores go.
-I got lower
-got into several med schools that I am very happy with.
-basically if I got the interview...i got the med school.
-for everyone that got several interviews >3 and are waitlisted/rejected from all the interviews...the chance of that happening are...well...
-it's perhaps not the mcat score you need to change
-read the comments...i think others see that too
-change your outlook on medicine, focus on parental pressure and filial piety and you will get in even with a lower score.
-best wishes and good luck to you.

Just a note...I

Last edited:
NT,

Good luck on the MCAT. I sincerely mean that. I've tried to give you helpful advice all along but you have trouble with constructive criticism. If anyone has trouble with their parents in their early-mid 20s they should simply move out of the house. This is my opinion and if it offends anyone, so be it. The fact that you're taking the MCAT in 2 days means you signed up weeks ago, which means you knew all along that 29 was "no good." If it were a good score, I'm sure you wouldn't feel the need to retake it, right? I'm glad we agree...

Unfortunately, the only person that has been arrogant is you. You've offended Caribbean schools, surgeons, dentists and carpenters with your arrogant comments, as you clearly think you're above them. I have respect for all jobs that contribute to society, so I felt the need to step in & defend them. Nothing wrong with have a below avg MCAT score like yourself - just don't go insulting Caribbean students until you get your acceptance letter(s). Also, please don't insult surgeons, dentists and carpenters or any other career, for that matter, until you're supporting yourself and pulling your own weight. If you do, don't throw a temper tantrum when you get critisized.

For those of you that got accepted with below 30 MCATs - congrats! You beat the odds! Be thankful and try to refrain from bashing Carib schools or other careers like NT has done. Come to think of it, he's the only one guilt of that, so let me take that statement back! I still think premeds, in general, should retake the MCAT until they break 30. Of course, in competitive states like CA, even a 30 is quite low. Contrary to popular belief, I'm not God so don't take my or anyone else's opinion in here too seriously.

Since there are only 2 days left, the best advice for the MCAT takers is to do as many practice questions as possible.

Good luck!

let me just reiterate what I said before.

I am glad so many Indian and Persian parents push their kids into Med school.

I have been able to hook up with three Indian chicks that were smoking hot my first year in med school. Right now I have been seeing a Persian chick who blows them all away. What is weird is that after six months she still can't tell her parents she has a boyfriend. She says that as far as her parents officially know she has never had a boyfriend and never done IT(even though she has had boyfriends and been doing IT for awhile). That seems really unrealistic to me for her parents to believe considering she is 25. One time she left her cell phone in a cab and somehow her parents called it and she was all freaked out that they would learn she had been out clubbing. But she gets done up and is out clubbing 5-6 times a month until 5 am.

Also good luck with the MCAT, a 29 should get you in. I mean the average in most categories is about 10 at most schools which means half the students are scoring less. Still a 34 will get you in for sure. Unless you are a total tool. I know one guy who had a 36 was, had "highest honors" from UCLA and had 16 interviews but did not get accepted anywhere because he is a total tool.

Pathstudent,

I disagree with pushing people into anything. By the end of high school, one should know what one's strengths & interests are and one should plan their life accordingly. People that get pushed into things have a very low self-esteem and will do anything to please others. When you try to please everyone you end up pleasing no one.

Clearly that Persian girl is jacked. Her parents must be totally jacked, too, if they're that clueless. Go ahead and have your fun with her, but I wouldn't get too emotionally attached. She's learned to be a pathological liar around her parents. I'm sure she'll have no qualms lying left & right to you or anyone else. Always double check her stories.

Speaking of lying, unless you saw your buddies' MCAT score report, don't believe his 36 and 16 interviews. Maybe he got it, maybe he didn't...I'm not so sure. A lot of people will say anything to save face when rejection letters start coming in. Please tell me you're not that naive!:)

britney-
you're really audacious, but bordering more on insolent. for someone going into a profession to help others, you should be just a smidgen more compassionate. i always knew there were people like you out there in med schools, i just hope i don't meet them anytime soon. otherwise, we might have to throw down which sucks because i don't want to be explaining to patients why my knuckles are all bloody.

ha.

Originally posted by ColoradoCCT
Try having Jewish parents.
:)

Hey, just because it's called "Jewish mother guilt" doesn't mean that only Jewish mothers possess it. ;)

Originally posted by pathstudent
let me just reiterate what I said before.

I am glad so many Indian and Persian parents push their kids into Med school.... One time she left her cell phone in a cab and somehow her parents called it and she was all freaked out that they would learn she had been out clubbing. But she gets done up and is out clubbing 5-6 times a month until 5 am.

um, why are you repeating your post? we read it the first time.

Originally posted by pathstudent I know one guy who had a 36 was, had "highest honors" from UCLA and had 16 interviews but did not get accepted anywhere because he is a total tool.

ahh, don't you love just desserts? yum :cool:

Originally posted by Joe Joe on da Radio
i remember calling my mom to tell her about when my graduation ceremony for undergrad was going to be and to start making arrangements to come down.

she replied, "do we have to come?!?"

Man. That bites. :( My heart goes out to you, Joe!

Makes me realize how lucky I am to have my parents.

My brother didn't go to his graduation ceremony or even pick up his diploma! I think its funny. I probably won't go either. Who give a ****? Graduation from undergrad is not an accomplishment. I might go to my honors college ceremony because I consider graduation from the honors college more of an accomplishment.

It all depends on your family. If your family feels that graduation from high school is a big deal then they will respond accordingly (as you know some ethnicities consider this a big deal). Now getting into med school (or whatever ultimate goal) is the big deal for Indian parents, thats when they make a huge event out of it.

Originally posted by BritneySpearsMD2B
Pathstudent,

By the end of high school, one should know what one's strengths & interests are and one should plan their life accordingly.

Speaking of lying, unless you saw your buddies' MCAT score report, don't believe his 36 and 16 interviews. Maybe he got it, maybe he didn't...I'm not so sure.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

These two statements prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that you're a total fool.

Everybody knows who they are by the end of high school? Give me a freakin' break. Most people, by the end of all the bs that high school puts them through, have been unfortunately prodded to be someone they're NOT. The people I knew in high school who TRULY knew who they were and weren't afraid to show it were few and far between and I admired them greatly for their courage. Most of us were still trying to figure it all out.

And just because somebody got a better MCAT score than you, you automatically suspect that they're lying? Talk about low self-esteem. . . :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Amit1
My brother didn't go to his graduation ceremony or even pick up his diploma! I think its funny. I probably won't go either. Who give a ****? Graduation from undergrad is not an accomplishment. I might go to my honors college ceremony because I consider graduation from the honors college more of an accomplishment.

It all depends on your family. If your family feels that graduation from high school is a big deal then they will respond accordingly (as you know some ethnicities consider this a big deal). Now getting into med school (or whatever ultimate goal) is the big deal for Indian parents, thats when they make a huge event out of it.

Does anyone else wonder what the repercussions might be if Amit1's statement somehow made its way into let's say... a URM thread? Not that anyone would ever doing anything like that :laugh:

And by the way Amit1 I am sorry your parents don't feel an undergraduate degree is an "accomplishment" but not all Indian parents agree with yours.

One more thing, what "other ethnicities" were you referring to?

-CT

:laugh:

BTW - no reason to be sorry for me. I don't want my parents to make a big production out of nothing. Now when I really do accomplish something they do celebrate. I am taking the MCAT in a day and thats a HUGE deal to my parents as it is to me. We share the same perspective. If I score above a 30 that is reason to celebrate. If I get over a 2.0GPA and get an undergraduate degree its not a big deal nor is it treated as such.

:laugh:

"other ethnicities" :laugh: I meant nothing of it :)
:clap:

Only three things in this world that are worth a solitary dime:
Old Dogs, Children and Watermelon Wine

Originally posted by CRAZYTERP

And by the way Amit1 I am sorry your parents don't feel an undergraduate degree is an "accomplishment" but not all Indian parents agree with yours.

-CT

My parents would be one of those...Hey Amit, I know it may not be a big deal for some. But having gone through the graduation ceremony last May, I felt that it was really a special experience. My family, grandparents & some of my family's close friends were there (Indian aunties, uncles, and all) and it was like a big reunion/Indian Day (we even ate lunch at an Indian restaurant). Okay, so for some people that might qualify as a nightmare of sorts...and yeah, they DID make a big deal about it...but they sacrificed a great deal so that I could achieve what I did...and so it meant a lot to me that they were there to make that day special.

So in light of my happy experience, I just felt kinda bad for ppl who missed out on that (who might have WANTED that in the first place).

Sentimental ramblings: maybe...but, Indian or not, for those people whom graduating DOES mean something, it's always nice to have the people you care about with you.

:)

To each their own.

Some things that my parents and I realize as momentous occasions in my life are getting the acceptance to medical school and my final real graduation.

If I held my undergraduate graduation close to my heart as a cherished accomplishment my parents would react accordingly. However I do not think undergrad graduation is a big accomplishment for me.

The reason I think so many make a big deal out of high school and undergrad graduation is that it is represents the end of their education and they are venturing out into the working world from academia. However I am nowhere near done, and I will just look at it as a mere milemarker on the road to my ultimate goal.

I respect your decision to celebrate your undergraduate graduation and hold it as a special experinece.

:clap:

Now I have to focus on the MCAT coming up tomorrow :eek:
Wish me luck!

Last edited:
dude, don't do it.

apply again in the US. You will eliminate a lot of future possibilities by doing that.

Don't go Carribean

Originally posted by Joe Joe on da Radio
i remember calling my mom to tell her about when my graduation ceremony for undergrad was going to be and to start making arrangements to come down.

she replied, "do we have to come?!?"

:laugh: :(

GI Joe!! I see you changed your location...should I put on mine, "Joining GI Joe at UVM?"

Sorry guys, this really has nothing to do with the topic at hand...

I did try ....

Last edited:
Originally posted by Atman_Shah

You guys: Please just dont make fun of us caribbean docs and we will be fine!! :)

Atman...you dont have to worry about most of us in that regard and dont pay those jerks who do say something any mind!!

So, I am not Indian, but filipnio 'rents can be a handful ;) My parents will swear up and down they never said I should be a physcian, but they'll not mention that they (mostly my doc dad) shot down any other idea I had as far a career... "Oh, a PhD in immunology? That is good but..." ;)
In all seriousness, I had to really really decide if medicine is what I want to do and not something to make my parents happy. After much introspection, I finally concluded that I could not imagine do anything else. Granted, I really love research and if med school is not in the cards for me I have alternatives which will make me happy and fufilled.
As a non-trad I lived it up and am now ready to buckle down and get my MD. Now only if one of my WL come thru. *sigh*
To all asian pre-meds both trad and non trad, i totally feel ya on the pressue thing. My only advice is to really really think about WHY you want to get into medicine...if it is something you really want then GO FOR IT. And as far as not getting in the first or second time around...it'll take some effort but talk your parents down and explain to them what your goals are and that you ARE going to do medicine but on your own terms...
Remember: Parents, asian or otherwise, are funny creatures and only want the best for us...no matter how wacked they may seem a times!!!! Ok enough of my 2 pennies.
ANYWAY, good luck all!!!
Spin:D :D

I am indian as well. In my case it is the reverse, I want to be a doc, and parents don't want me to enter a stressful career.

My parents are the same way. They want me to have a kind of life that I don't ever have to worry or be stressed and enjoy my 20s. haha! But they support me in my decisions and I know that no matter what, my parents will always support me. Yes, they are not so familiar with this process, so there are times when it takes time for me to explain, but all they say is they will be happy as long as I am happy with my choice of profession and am happy with life.

thanks for your perspectives guys and gals.

they say that the only thing that correlates with how well you do on the USMLE is how well you did on the MCAT.

Everyone works hard. Some people just can perform better on the "bubble-in tests". Either you got it or you don't.

neurotrancer,

Your parents don't have to be physicians for you to feel the heat. The same pressure is placed virtually on anyone with Asian parents, particularly those from immigrant families.

My parents came to the US in 1975 after the fall of Saigon. I grew up hearing nothing is every good enough, and that my single B during a semester in high school would destroy my chances of a medical career. I was pushed towards a career in medicine at first, but soon loved what I did so it didn't matter how much pressure I received. When I got into Johns Hopkins, then the point was made that I didn't get full MSTP funding. When I got MSTP funding, then it was I didn't go to Harvard. LOL. :laugh: :laugh: It never stops.

Our parents just want the best for us. Yours left India for a better life for themselves and their children. I'm sure they found a great life here in the US, and your opportunities are abundant. Just take it all in with a grain of salt and do your best. Your hard work and determination will pay off in the end.

Hey Everyone...

I'm not asian, but I'm zero generation Russian/Jewish.... and the guilt is definetly there, it's just masked by a heavy accent :laugh:

I decided to be pre-med against my parents' wishes, actually - they wanted me to be a computer programmer! Yech....

But just as they were getting comfortable with the idea, I told them what I REALLY wanted to do with medicine... I want to be a military physician (USUHS baby!!). Funny enough, after the concerns for my safety, the thing i've been hounded about the most is my 'biological clock' --- i'm female, so my parents feel that it's my responsibility to give them grandchildren...

Anyway, just thought i'd share; I know what you guys are going through, but let me tell you - the bumpy ride is well worth it if you're pursuing a dream that's really YOURS.

Good luck everyone!!

- Zina ;)

My family is like that. Although they aren't asian. But I do think that immigrant parents tend to put alot of pressure on there children to get into medical school or at least a profession related to medicine or a high paying profession in general. Both of my parents were RN nurses. Before my dad passed away he was trying to get into med school. BTW I am Ghanaian. Sometimes the pressure can be all so overwhelming but really they just want you to succeed in life. But in general do what makes you truly happy.

Has anyone seen "Bend it Like Beckam," it seems to deal with these issuses, although I have not seen it yet?

I am watching it this week, I will let you know how it is!!

Originally posted by SOBEIT
Has anyone seen "Bend it Like Beckam," it seems to deal with these issuses, although I have not seen it yet?

Yeah, it's great. You guys should check it out.

East is East is pretty funny too. :)

I scored low only on my VERBAL? I am good at the sciences. DO you think I will do good on the USMLE??

I've always heard a persistent rumor that MCAT Verbal is highly correlated to USMLE. Never seen proof though.

:) Bend it like Bekham was really cool!!