no reply from schools -- is it bad?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Spiderman [RNA Ladder 2003]

Platinum Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I did not get a reply from some schools for over 2 months since my app was complete. Is it a bad sign? Does it mean that I am rejected or waitlisted. I called admissions offices but they are saying that my app is still under consideration.

Members don't see this ad.

well it's not a good sign. for all we know it means that it's still under consideration, not that you are rejected or accepted. of course this is completely obvious, but you seem unwilling to accept that.

Spiderman, it's hard to tell exactly what it means. Some schools, like the UC's, are EXTREMELY slow. It's taken some people 3 months just to get secondaries so you never know. I'd wait a few more weeks then check with the admissions office again.

Members don't see this ad :)
Who knows with some of these schools? I know that last year was atypical due to all of the problems with AMCAS, etc. but there were a lot of people who did not start getting their interview invitations until February or March. If I recall correctly, one person got something like six interview invitations during that time period. So, maybe there is hope for those of us who have not heard from certain schools yet.

I would call and check to make sure your app. is complete, especially if the deadline is coming up--it would really suck to fill out a secondary, pay, and then have your file closed because some component of it was misplaced.

I have about 10 schools that I haven't even gotten secondaries from yet. (Many of them being UC's) At this point in the game, I've written them off as rejections.

hi spiderman,

my advice is to sit tight. seems like you've already followed up with the schools to make sure your applications are complete. now it's just the waiting game. sit tight little buddy. all will work out.

Hey

Sit back, relax..don't worry your pretty lil head off. :D
If you wait, it shall come.

me too! I applied to 15; I'm still waiting to hear back from 10. It's like I don't exist.:(

it's getting kinda late in the game for some schools... but you never know.:confused:
stay on track and hopefully something will work out!!! :)

It's definitely not late in the game. I was on this forum last spring, and people were still sweating results. Remember, when your listening to everyone around here, they are way ahead in the game...which is good, but can be misleading. If it is any consolation to you, I applied to 8 and only heard from 1 so far (state school-and interviewed). If your like me and have middle of the road stats, they may simply hold on to the application for awhile and weigh it against what comes in. It's just another test on the long road to becoming a doctor. Just remain patient, and stay on top of the situation, which it sounds like you are.

Peace