Robbins Review

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

owen_osh

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to get the new 2nd edition of Robbins and Cotran Review of Pathology yet? I think it was supposed to be available Nov 1, but Amazon still hasn't shipped my order and my school's medical bookstore doesn't have it either. I'm trying to decide if I should just get the older edition. I really would like to have some practice questions since we don't have access to old tests. Our first path exam is Dec 6. Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I just got the old one instead. :D

I bet there won't be much difference since there isn't much difference in the 7th edition textbook vs the 6th edition. Robbins review is hard, but good.
owen_osh said:
Has anyone been able to get the new 2nd edition of Robbins and Cotran Review of Pathology yet? I think it was supposed to be available Nov 1, but Amazon still hasn't shipped my order and my school's medical bookstore doesn't have it either. I'm trying to decide if I should just get the older edition. I really would like to have some practice questions since we don't have access to old tests. Our first path exam is Dec 6. Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
For what it's worth, I talked to the people in our bookstore recently, and they said it would be shipping to schools Nov. 14th. Which means Amazon might not get copies for another week or two.

I'm in the same boat. I e-mailed amazon to find out the deal and they told me they were waiting on it. So when I checked online again, here is what I got for delivery date:

Delivery estimate: December 8, 2004 - December 23, 2004

I haven't taken the time to e-mail the publisher, so I'm not sure if it will hit some book stores sooner.

It looks like I'm waiting till Christmas.

Good luck.

:)