Taking classes at another university?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

asdfboy

Reaction score
I'm currently a junior at a UC campus and I saw some interesting classes offered at another UC. (University of California)
Would it look bad to take a bunch of classes at the other UC while completing my reqs at my current UC?
I would be taking some fun classes like cooking with science at our sister university and I would be taking classes for my major at my current UC.
I think they would be fun, easy classes to do and they are much cheaper than what I would be paying to take them at my home institution.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Whatever floats your boat. Just make sure you don't make your degree audit a complete disaster. The fun will be transcript entry when you finally apply because you will need all of those transcripts.

Reactions: 3 users
I'm currently a junior at a UC campus and I saw some interesting classes offered at another UC. (University of California)
Would it look bad to take a bunch of classes at the other UC while completing my reqs at my current UC?
I would be taking some fun classes like cooking with science at our sister university and I would be taking classes for my major at my current UC.
I think they would be fun, easy classes to do and they are much cheaper than what I would be paying to take them at my home institution.
I think this would be fine. The red flags appear when you specifically take prerequisite courses at "easier" institutions such as community colleges while being enrolled at a 4-year program.

Reactions: 1 user