Those accepted and/or waiting on Cornell...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Scooby Doo

IEatShavedPussyCats
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you were accepted...Please post the date that you interviewed.

It would be nice to see if they are moving their way through sequentially according to the date that the people interviewed.
I know morninglight was an earlier interview, so maybe that's why she got in yesterday. Someone just posted that someone they know just got in. Did that person also have an early interview or one in the past month or so?

Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

i interviewed 1/8 and was accepted 3/6

and, for what it's worth, there were a total of 10 names on the email acceptance that went out to me yesterday. that can't be all that they will accept, so hang in there!

hope this helps and good luck! :)

I interviewed on 9/25 which was the first day of interviews for non early decision applicants, and was accepted back in December.
Cheers!
z

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 11/8 and got the happy e-mail on 2/7.

Interviewed 10/30
Accepted 12/19

Good Luck!

just called and she said that the majority of decisions would be sent out at the end of the month. i have no idea what this means_ if it's like nyu where they only send out rejections/waitlists and the end, but that's what she said.
very nice lady on the phone.

wait a minute, the cornell weekend in march 15/17 GODDAMMIT!!!

i guess this IS like nyu then, were they're waiting for a day. well, it looks pretty grim for us.

oh well, i really hope i get waitlisted at least.

Choker...Dont worry, the weekend is April 5-6. I think the poster got the dates wrong!!

i'm pretty sure the cornell second look weekend is april 5-6. that's what it says on my email at least!

Thanks for posting people :)

Very informative. So it looks like January interviewees have just started to be accepted. So looks like those who are interviewing now and in february will have to wait a little more.

thank you guys for at least temporarily rescuing me from my pit of despair.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by zancudo:
•Choker...Dont worry, the weekend is April 5-6. I think the poster got the dates wrong!!•••••There are two different dates going on at Cornell. March 15th-17th is a "minority" deal and the April 5-6 is the "regular" second look. Sorry for the confusion.

•••quote:••• Very informative. So it looks like January interviewees have just started to be accepted. So looks like those who are interviewing now and in february will have to wait a little more.••••I hope not, I interviewed in mid-December and am hanging on to the possibility that they are accepting people randomly. Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things...

Members don't see this ad :)
INTERVIEWED ON FEB 2....AND, HOPE IS TOO MY STRONGHOLD

MADE A MISTAKE, I WAS AT PENN ON FEB 2... MY CORNELL INTERVIEW WAS REALLY ON FEB 7...GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE IN LINE

i interviewed on january 24 and just got the email acceptance on march 6 - good luck to all!

Wow..that's getting a lot later!

January 24th is the latest interview date!

Anyone know of anyone in February getting accepted??

Not quite February, but I was 1/29, and in this week's batch.

Good luck guys. :)

A lot of people got emails this week....I can't believe that all 10 are SDNers....can someone play taps for us????ut oh scooby it may be looking like 168th for you!!!! :wink:

•••quote:•••Originally posted by trout:
•A lot of people got emails this week....I can't believe that all 10 are SDNers....can someone play taps for us????ut oh scooby it may be looking like 168th for you!!!! :wink: •••••Haha...Well it's not a bad choice :)

I think 168th is still top choice...I just hear finaid at cornell is SWEET!

You know I heard that too...but I was looking at the numbers on usnews (yeah I know danger already) and it says the averages are only like 79,000 and 87,000 personally I can't believe they are that low, and actually not that far apart...I am dreading I thinking I will be bringing up the rear with the 200,000+

What exactly are you guys talking about?

Rumor is that the financial aid packages are better/best at cornell...which might stem from they don't give merit based scholarships they feel that if you got in there that everyone is equal and no one should have a free ride over someone else (via words of the assistant director of admissions)...I missed out on the guy with the glasses half way down his nose :clap: :clap: (I do not know if urm scholarships are also considered) so supposable cornell gives some of the most generous packages...(I think a lot if not all other schools give some sort of merit based financial aid)

•••quote:•••Originally posted by trout:
•You know I heard that too...but I was looking at the numbers on usnews (yeah I know danger already) and it says the averages are only like 79,000 and 87,000 personally I can't believe they are that low, and actually not that far apart...I am dreading I thinking I will be bringing up the rear with the 200,000+•••••But you see, There are so many rich kids (no offense anyone) that go to these places...that it's like they could technically have a 200K debt, but they didn't take out any loans cuz their parents paid for them.
That's what one girl at Cornell was telling me...she was astounded at the number of rich kids at her school who didn't seem to care about any financial aid b/c they weren't even taking out ANY loans!

•••quote:•••Originally posted by prometheus:
•What exactly are you guys talking about?•••••A) Columbia and Cornell
B) Debt after medical school

Scooby, I think we might be at 168th together since I interviewed in January. I hope that Cornell is not like nyu where they wait to send waitlists and rejections last.

I interviewed on 2/6 and received the email on Wednesday! (Along with a phone call and email from my student interviewer!) Good luck, everybody, and congrats to those who have been accepted :clap:

re: finaid....I can tell you that I know many Cornell undergrads who went to Cornell Med School with 40% or 50% discounts on tuition b/c their parents were faculty at the undergrad school.

Just an additional FYI as to why the numbers in USNews are low

As a second year Cornell med student, I can tell you why the financial aid numbers look so low:

1) There are a lot of wealthy kids in my class whose parents are paying for everything. Average this out between those of us (like me) who have loans for everything, and you get very low numbers.
2) If you are BORROWING money from your parents (like I am), they don't count this as a "loan" on the info they give to applicants. For instance, Cornell only reports to applicants what students take out in government aid. In my case, my parent loans would raise this amount by $50,000 by the end of 4 years.
3) They force students to borrow from their parents by calculating a "parent contribution" to your financial aid package that is weighted by how much your parents make. If your parents make more than $85,000 per year, or if you are Caucasian, kiss any grants goodbye.

Basically, if you are paying for school by yourself, but your parents make a pretty good income, expect to be in the $160,000-200,000 range of debt by graduation. (welcome to MY world...)(do I sound bitter and/or frustrated???)

I think Cornell takes many people from their waiting list- some almost immediately- so don't despair yet.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by waiting anxiously:
•I interviewed on 2/6 and received the email on Wednesday! (Along with a phone call and email from my student interviewer!) Good luck, everybody, and congrats to those who have been accepted :clap: •••••Congratulations on your acceptance...you had a student interviewer? I thought cornell only had faculty interviewers (2)?

I had a student interviewer too. However, I at first was slated to have interviews with a faculty member and an administrator. The administrator (some female dean, I think) had to cancel, and so a fourth-year interviewed me instead. I thought she really hated me, but I guess not... :D

Good luck to the rest of you waiting. :)

Yeah, I had a fourth year interview me also.

I interviewed on 2/28 and got accepted on 3/6

who knows, maybe they expedite the process for alums...

•••quote:•••Originally posted by GoBearsGo:
•I interviewed on 2/28 and got accepted on 3/6

who knows, maybe they expedite the process for alums...•••••Wow...QUICK turnaround time for you! congrats!

There goes hope for me :)

Wow! That's impressive GoBearGo...I was there on 2/18 so I don't expect to hear anything until at least mid March. Good luck.