Waiting

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Anne

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the MCAT in April and still haven't heard anything from the schools I applied to. No requests for interviews or rejections. This is my first time so I'm at a lost. Has anyone heard from the University of Louisville or U. of Kentucky? How concerned should I be? I'm getting worried. U.of Kentucky said specifically on their application not to contact them they will contact you. Any word of encouragement or wisdom will be of help. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

How was your application? If it was exceptional, and you still haven't heard from any schools, then you might look at your personal statement and see how you can tweak it IF you have to go through this again.

Other than that, it's still relatively early. The waiting part is the toughest, but soon enough you'll be getting interviews. If by February you still haven't interviewed, then that's pretty late and you should begin thinking about what you'll do with the year off. NOT ALL HOPE IS LOST though, since I've known quite a few people who interviewed as late as February and still got in.

Tim of New York City.

I know the University of Kentucky's class is typically filled by Dec 1. All interviews after Dec. 1 are for the waiting list. How early did you get your application in to them? The University of Louisville's class normally doesn't fill until mid Feb. Hopefully you will hear something real soon from UofL. Best of luck.