William Carey University (WCU-COM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is anybody looking for a roommate in the class of 2020? I have visited several apartments for pricing and information but I'm not signed any leases. I am a 23-year-old male. Private message me if interested.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Imladdno84 If you been accepted and paid seat deposit they should send you a request to join the group but it is hidden so you can not search for it
If you have paid your deposit pm me and I will try to help expedite the process

Can someone give me some advice? I have a 3.55 overall gpa/3.65 science gpa and a 497 mcat (23 based on the old scoring)
What do you guys think? This is the only school that I want to go to and if this work out, I may have to make a career change. Thanks

Can someone give me some advice? I have a 3.55 overall gpa/3.65 science gpa and a 497 mcat (23 based on the old scoring)
What do you guys think? This is the only school that I want to go to and if this work out, I may have to make a career change. Thanks

People will disagree with me on this but that ok. Your MCAT is super weak and it is the easiest and most like thing you can improve. That means you are selling yourself short. Dont apply this cycle, take a Kaplan or whatever mcat course and get the score up and doors will open for you. Do some shadowing or med scribing in the lag time between cycles.

People will disagree with me on this but that ok. Your MCAT is super weak and it is the easiest and most like thing you can improve. That means you are selling yourself short. Dont apply this cycle, take a Kaplan or whatever mcat course and get the score up and doors will open for you. Do some shadowing or med scribing in the lag time between cycles.

I already have enough extracurricular activities which include shadowing. I took a kaplan course and was not able to have a score higher then 497, I tried my best. Do you think a 497 would be enough to get accepted?

I already have enough extracurricular activities which include shadowing. I took a kaplan course and was not able to have a score higher then 497, I tried my best. Do you think a 497 would be enough to get accepted?

No i do not. Someone will. Truth is you will only know if you apply but it will cost

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys! I am currently #6 on the waitlist as of yesterday and wanted to know of my chances of eventually becoming accepted. After speaking to a student who was also waitlisted during his application cycle, he told me there was a really high chance of me getting accepted and said I was "unofficially accepted" last month. I immediately put in my notice to quit my job and was ready to relocate to Hattiesburg. However, I have only moved one spot over the past 12 days and am getting really nervous! Any thoughts/advice would be greatly appreciated!

I cannot tell you your chances not really sure anybody can with any credibility( at least on here) but I know there was movement in Late June. I can offer advice as someone who did not get in the first time around though if you have not already filled out application again, fill it out and have it ready to be sent out because if you wait to fill it out your are going to be behind the bulk of applicants and be at a disadvantage. I understand the struggle of the wait list but you need to be prepared for the worst and hope for the best. Might get a little better result on the wait list support thread. I sincerely hope you make it and just remember to consider the source when you get your advice especially if your making massive decisions

There are many other options out there. Apply to other programs. Your MCAT score is not weak and your stats are more than good enough to get into med school. I know. I just got accepted off the wait list at an MD school and my MCAT score is lower than yours. I have two friends that got accepted at other DO programs in the south and both had a 494 on their MCAT and lower GPAs than you do. My high GPA and ECs helped me overcome the lower MCAT score. There is hope!

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone have any info on the NY hub sites. Is it application based? Is it competitive?