2023-2024 Brown (Alpert)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
II just now! Complete late July. Very unexpected especially this late in the day :D

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
+1 OOS II, LM 82.5 complete mid-July

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
What do you mean 30% outright? like 30% post-II acceptance? that can't be right... If I just look at MSAR, if I exclude PLME, 100 students matriculated out of 140 students interviewed. So acceptance has to be over 70% at least...

they said they have people coming in “through various routes” so post-II acceptance through AMCAS is closer to 50% including those getting off the WL.

Members don't see this ad :)
MD/PhD usually come out earlier no?
I looked at SDN from the past few years and Browns MD/PhD II were usually sent in September. Based on what people are posting this year, it looks like early October might have been the first round of II for MD/PhD. But across the board most programs send straight MD II before MD/PhD, usually because you have to pass through the MD AdCom before they pass your app to the MD/PhD AdCom. Probably highly school/program specific.

Did you get any confirmation after you submitted? I uploaded one to the portal, but didn't receive any emails regarding it.
I uploaded one and they don’t send you any confirmation kinda like Columbia does

Reactions: 1 user
MD/PhD II today! completed late July, no ties to Brown

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Pre-II rejection, submitted 8/1. Good luck to everyone

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Pre-II R submitted 08/06, didn’t get a chance to send my update letter.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
This R wave makes me want to send my update letter immediately to try and save myself even though it's probably already too late for me :cryi:

Reactions: 1 users
OOS Pre-II R. Submitted 8/28

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
This R wave makes me want to send my update letter immediately to try and save myself even though it's probably already too late for me :cryi:
If you haven’t received an R send it! Good luck!

Reactions: 3 users
Survived the wave...complete 8/4 here

Reactions: 1 users
How does one submit an update/ letter of interest? This is my top school and haven't heard anything since being complete in early August :( Is a letter of interest even helpful?

How does one submit an update/ letter of interest? This is my top school and haven't heard anything since being complete in early August :( Is a letter of interest even helpful?
you can submit on the portal! not sure if they're helpful but a lot of people add significant updates + reiterate interest. (i hope they are helpful LOL)

Do they accept updates or LOI pre-II?
They said they accept up to 2 updates apparently on the portal but they said it may or may not be reviewed - whatever that means haha. I'm desperate at this point so I said why not. Idk if they are actually helpful or not