2023-2024 Buffalo (Jacobs)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any MD-PhD students have impressions from second look they can share? I'm on the waitlist and would appreciate a DM for your impressions!

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone accepted know if they extended the deadline for CTE past 4/30 for the purposes of giving out aid packages bc of the FAFSA issues?

Does anyone accepted know if they extended the deadline for CTE past 4/30 for the purposes of giving out aid packages bc of the FAFSA issues?
CTE isn’t until June 17th for Jacobs, but you still need to follow AAMC’s traffic rules (you can only hold 1 Acceptance after today but can remain on waitlists).

CTE means withdrawing all waitlist positions as well. Unfortunately you can’t hold multiple As after today even if there are delays in financial aid processing.

Members don't see this ad :)
A off the WL last week :) super happy and can't wait to meet everyone in the fall!!

Reactions: 4 users
Withdrew my A, good luck everyone !

Reactions: 1 user
IS A today off WL at 5:39 pm. Interview 2/28

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats to all new As from the WL!!! Come join the fun in the GroupMe, we’re an awesome group of people and very active:

You're invited to my new group 'Jacobs School of Medicine accepted students' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

Members don't see this ad :)
IS A today off WL at 5:39. Interview 2/14. Screaming, crying, and throwing up I'm so excited. I was about to lose hope 😅

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone that was WL in December gotten an A? This wait has been so arduous. I sent a LOI back in December should I send another one? Like as a continued interest kind of thing. Truthfully, I don’t have any updates, but I want to stay on their radar. Jacobs is still my #1 even with other acceptances.

Has anyone that was WL in December gotten an A? This wait has been so arduous. I sent a LOI back in December should I send another one? Like as a continued interest kind of thing. Truthfully, I don’t have any updates, but I want to stay on their radar. Jacobs is still my #1 even with other acceptances.
Nope. I was WL in December but haven't heard a single thing from them since then

The groupme has 148 members currently. Does anyone know if this is pretty much all committed students?

The groupme has 148 members currently. Does anyone know if this is pretty much all committed students?

The deadline to plan to enroll to UB was April 29th, and commit to enroll opened on the 30th, so I would think a very sizable portion of us are committed. We’re seeing some waitlist people getting accepted on a daily basis.

I don’t think it’s ever a bad idea to remind them you’re still interested and have them see your name pop up again.

Same here. December WL nothing since

• Care
I was accepted off the WL when it started moving May 1st and my interview was in October, WL in December.

Reactions: 1 users
So I interviewed in Feb, was put on waitlist on March 25th, and got an acceptance on May 1st. I sent them an update letter just prior to my interview in late January, and then subsequently one in February, March, and April. Some of these had significant updates, some of them were reiterations of previous stories and whatnot, but the main theme was that I am interested in this school above else, intend to practice and serve the communities in Buffalo after medical school, stuff like that. A current medical student told me she got her interview shortly after sending a letter expressing her absolute commitment to serving and staying in Buffalo. I think it'd be wise to send them as many letters as you want but also having some common sense in what you write (even if you don't have significant life-altering stories or changes) and not sending them days apart. Just my two cents on it, but there is still plenty of time for movement. A lot of UBMD physicians told me they got in off the waitlist, some later in May.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know when the deadline is to get your initial tuition deposit back is ($100)? Has it already passed? I tried to look but I am not finding it.

A off of the WL earlier today! Interviewed early March, waitlisted mid April, IS.

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats- does Jacobs use in house exams or past NBME exams? Past fail?

Still holding out hope to get in. Have 2 DOs but really want this. Might have to take one of the DOs because losing time to find a place in Buffalo - they should really revise the process to make it sooner. On campus housing?

Congrats- does Jacobs use in house exams or past NBME exams? Past fail?

Still holding out hope to get in. Have 2 DOs but really want this. Might have to take one of the DOs because losing time to find a place in Buffalo - they should really revise the process to make it sooner. On campus housing?

No on campus housing for medical students.