2023-2024 Buffalo (Jacobs)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ugh. This sucks. Sort of have a feeling we’re gonna hear on the 28th :/ Maybe I’m just being pessimistic, but if we don’t hear today I’m thinking it’s bc the adcoms are going to meet one last time to finalize things. We shall see I guess.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Ugh. This sucks. Sort of have a feeling we’re gonna hear on the 28th :/ Maybe I’m just being pessimistic, but if we don’t hear today I’m thinking it’s bc the adcoms are going to meet one last time to finalize things. We shall see I guess.
The student interviewer yesterday tho said that the last meeting was right after Wednesday interviews so hopefully it’s tomorrow or Monday!!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
in december acceptances came around 10:30/11ish and waitlists were around noon

Reactions: 2 users
I think it will be next week. I did not get anything, unless we all got waitlisted which I highly doubt.

I wonder if we will have to wait another full week until Thursday/Friday or if it’s possible they could send them out earlier in the week

I wonder if we will have to wait another full week until Thursday/Friday or if it’s possible they could send them out earlier in the week
I feel like they only waited till Wednesdays to meet bc that’s how the interview schedule was so I wouldn’t be surprised if we heard Monday or Tuesday

I still have faith for hearing by the end of the day today. Would make sense given its the end of the week, maybe they are finalizing things. Or maybe I am just severely coping and not ready to wait a week hahaha

Members don't see this ad :)
The waiting is really the hardest part...Writing applications, studying for the MCAT - literally all of it seemed like a breeze compared to the anxiety that I feel now

The waiting is really the hardest part...Writing applications, studying for the MCAT - literally all of it seemed like a breeze compared to the anxiety that I feel now
I’d take the MCAT again rn if I could find out my UB decision right after

• Haha

Attachments

• IMG_7277.jpeg
    IMG_7277.jpeg
    51.1 KB · Views: 30
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Wishing everyone the best of luck this week and remember regardless of the outcome, you will all be amazing physicians!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Nope, I got an email to apply for UB pharmacy school. I am UB undergard. However, they send the email in my personal email. Idk what to translate Is it a soft R

Nope, I got an email to apply for UB pharmacy school. I am UB undergard. However, they send the email in my personal email. Idk what to trasnlate. Is it a soft R
I also got that email, the pharmacy school doesn’t have anything to do with the med school it’s just promo

This is crazy, why haven’t we heard anything 😭

IS A at 1:03!! Interviewed 3/20, will be accepting and I hope we get to meet sometime! Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:
IS A at 1:03pm! Interviewed 1/24! SO EXCITED THOS IS MY NIMBER ONE CHOICE

A!!!!!! Interviewed 03/20 :))

Last edited:
Congrats everyone!! Here is the accepted students groupme link

waitlisted IS

very sad

anyone know what the waitlist movement is like at this school?

Next week?!? Bruhh i’m dying over here can they please just waitlist me already i can’t stand waiting this long (interviewed 01/08 lol)
IS WL. Knew it. Something about my app just screams “wait list this guy!” lol

IS WL, hope the WL movement is good! This is the only school I even got a WL on let alone an A.

Do they send any post-II Rs? Or all to WL?
I would be surprised if they did. Don’t think I’ve ever seen someone report a post-II R on any school forum I’ve been on, and this one allegedly has high WL movement too

When looking at the school forum in the past 2 years, it seems like there hasn't been a high waitlist movement.

I would be surprised if they did. Don’t think I’ve ever seen someone report a post-II R on any school forum I’ve been on, and this one allegedly has high WL movement too
So then did all WL emails say, ".... you are a part of a select group that will be reevaluated by the Admissions Committee if space becomes available for the entering class of 2028....." Because if there are no post-II Rs, then is the "select group" everyone without an A? I know they won't tell you anything about your "placement/rank" on the waitlist but I'm so beyond curious

So then did all WL emails say, ".... you are a part of a select group that will be reevaluated by the Admissions Committee if space becomes available for the entering class of 2028....." Because if there are no post-II Rs, then is the "select group" everyone without an A? I know they won't tell you anything about your "placement/rank" on the waitlist but I'm so beyond curious
I don't think they have a weighted waitlist, so your placement doesn't exist/matter, they review everybody on WL when a spot opens

yeah i was thinking this too lol

I have no idea tbh i’m probably not the best person to ask about this but personally i don’t really consider much in those WL emails besides whatever my decision is and what the next steps are. They can kinda just say anything they want to. I mean, just getting the II already places you in a “select group” of applicants if you think about it haha