2023-2024 Buffalo (Jacobs)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A!!!!! Cannot believe this is real life!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
IS WL. Pretty upsetting since this was my first choice. Any idea when it is appropriate to send a LOI?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did everyone get their As and WLs at the same time today similar to December?

Congrats everyone!! Here is the accepted students groupme link

did anyone able to join the groupchat. I cannot and it says request access. did you guys get any email after the results.

Reactions: 1 user
did anyone able to join the groupchat. I cannot and it says request access. did you guys get any email after the results.

You have to request to join because the chat was being inundated by bots. Had to filter them out otherwise we would keep getting blasted with essay-writing bot ads lol

Reactions: 1 users
Does Jacobs hand out any R's prior to waitlist movement or did pretty much everyone get into the waitlist if they didn't get outright accepted?

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay same. I was wondering if I was anomaly lol. Like not an acceptance, WL, or rejection.
I haven't seen anyone come on here and say they got rejected post interview

I take it we're looking at a waitlist, acceptance, or straight ghosted

Declined my A this morning, good luck to everyone on the WL!

Reactions: 5 users
as of rn the groupme has 117 members, but not everybody is set on going to UB. last years class had 184 students and a lottt of WL movement.

Reactions: 5 users
OOS, Pre-II R. Complete 2nd week of Oct

Does anyone here know the drug testing policy of Jacobs? Do they check pre-matriculation, pre-clinical, if at all?

Reactions: 2 users
Question about the 4/29 Plan to Enroll deadline by Jacobs - if I am reading the email correctly, I am not allowed to select this option for any other schools? Even though per AMCAS rules I can still have this option for up to 3 schools?

I believe this means that if you want to go to Jacobs, you must have it selected as one of your three by that date.

There shouldn't be any waitlist movement until after May 1st when people commit to their schools

There shouldn't be any waitlist movement until after May 1st when people commit to their schools
just got the A today around 4 pm.. was on my way to get ice cream in DUMBO after work cause it was such a nice day

And then I randomly checked my email as I walked out of my car, not expecting to hear back until May as many have been saying

I literally couldn't breathe for half a second. That ice cream hit different.. the whole moment hit different.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
just got the A today around 4 pm.. was on my way to get ice cream in DUMBO after work cause it was such a nice day

And then I randomly checked my email as I walked out of my car, not expecting to hear back until May as many have been saying

I literally couldn't breathe for half a second. That ice cream hit different.. the whole moment hit different.
congrats! well-deserved sweet treat haha

• Care

I'm so happy to be wrong amazing to hear that there's movement already!

Congrats! Were you put on WL in March or December?

Thank you :)

Honestly I never received notice of being placed on the waitlist, just silence after March interview

And random A
Congrats on the A! It seems like however your A was from post-II and not from the WL correct? This means that they haven’t started pulling from the WL yet

Congrats on the A! It seems like however your A was from post-II and not from the WL correct? This means that they haven’t started pulling from the WL yet
Yup; I think I just went with the assumption that I was on the waitlist and would hear back next month if anything—I had a friend tell me they were accepted on May 1st last year so i prepared for the wait

Packages won’t be released until May at the earliest. Directly from Financial Aid office.

FWIW, ~25% of students receive grants/scholarships, with an average award of $7,800/year. The rest of tuition will be covered either through federal unsubsidized loans, federal direct, or federal direct plus loans, unless you have a familial contribution (not for me lol).

Packages won’t be released until May at the earliest. Directly from Financial Aid office.

FWIW, ~25% of students receive grants/scholarships, with an average award of $7,800/year. The rest of tuition will be covered either through federal unsubsidized loans, federal direct, or federal direct plus loans, unless you have a familial contribution (not for me lol).
May at the earliest?? How are we supposed to compare fin aid awards and make a decision in advance of the April 30 deadline if we have multiple A?

May at the earliest?? How are we supposed to compare fin aid awards and make a decision in advance of the April 30 deadline if we have multiple A?
Likely one reason why waitlist movement is relatively high here.

I mean, I think you can relatively gauge if you’ll get scholarships to help cover your tuition. If parental income was under 125,000$, you’re probably more likely to receive aid than the ~50% of USMD students who come from >125,000 yearly parental incomes.

Also, if you had like a 3.9 and 518+, probably a good spot for merit aid. Same can be said with research productivity.

I mean, I think you can relatively gauge if you’ll get scholarships to help cover your tuition. If parental income was under 125,000$, you’re probably more likely to receive aid than the ~50% of USMD students who come from >125,000 yearly parental incomes.

Also, if you had like a 3.9 and 518+, probably a good spot for merit aid. Same can be said with research productivity.
Yeah but why should I have to relatively gauge? It's wrong for schools to expect decisions about committing when students still haven't received all relevant financial aid information.

Scholarship received just now

If I were to PTE here, is it actually required that I turn down my other acceptances on Apr 30? Because the other school I'm considering doesn't require PTE only CTE (and that's much later).

1713928203401.png

I think PTE is an AAMC deadline and it does mean you need to decline all other acceptances by April 30th, but you can confirm that by emailing them ig

Last edited:
I think PTE is an AAMC deadline and it does mean you need to decline all other acceptances by April 30th, but you can confirm that by emailing them ig
I am waiting on the other schools' packages and aid. How am I suppose to decide by then?

I am waiting on the other schools' packages and aid. How am I suppose to decide by then?

Directly communicate with the other schools that you need to make a decision by April 29th and you are waiting for your financial aid package(s) to make this decision.

Reactions: 1 users