2023-2024 Buffalo (Jacobs)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone completed near the secondary deadline get any updates/IIs?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone think they’ll put in the offers to AMCAS’ CYMS system before March? Aka a loophole to see if we’ve been accepted earlier?

Just finished my interview and it was a great experience, 2 faculty interviewers in person, first was about 30-35 min and more conversational, second was 20-25 min and more q&a, overall a good experience and the admissions team was very happy to have us. No further info on the curriculum change in the fall

There are a series of videos that UB uploaded on the new “well beyond” curriculum, as well as a website dedicated to it if you were looking

Members don't see this ad :)
There are a series of videos that UB uploaded on the new “well beyond” curriculum, as well as a website dedicated to it if you were looking
Thanks! I acc emailed admissions and they sent me the link, I must not have been looking in the right places

Did anyone not send thank you notes? Forgot to get their emails during my interviews, now I’m feeling bad about it :(

Did anyone not send thank you notes? Forgot to get their emails during my interviews, now I’m feeling bad about it :(
If they’re UB faculty the directory will have their email. If they’re physicians yoh might have a harder time of it but def try if you feel like it!

For people who have attended / will be attending in-person interviews, does anyone know if there's an option to stay with a medical student or shadow a medical student?

For people who have attended / will be attending in-person interviews, does anyone know if there's an option to stay with a medical student or shadow a medical student?

There is no option to do this on interview day.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For those who just got interviews, what timeframe are they? Early or mid February?

Do we think there is any hope of WL movement starting before like May?

It's only been a week since my interview.... don't know how I'm going to make it until the end of March lol. This wait is going to be torturous

For those with recent IIs when is your interview date? late Feb or are we into early March already?

For those with recent IIs when is your interview date? late Feb or are we into early March already?
Got an II last week of Jan, scheduled for next week! They gave me a week's range to schedule in and I gave them my preferred day, then they confirmed a few days later.

Did anyone notice that the website changed from saying “Interviews scheduled August through March” to “August through April”? Wonder what this means about the current class size, March decisions can’t come soon enough omg

Did anyone notice that the website changed from saying “Interviews scheduled August through March” to “August through April”? Wonder what this means about the current class size, March decisions can’t come soon enough omg
Oh no… does this mean we won’t hear back until April now?

Not sure what this might mean but I just hope WL movement is big lol

Not sure what this might mean but I just hope WL movement is big lol
I feel so stuck :/ I got an A elsewhere but I feel like I can't even be too excited about it bc I'm hanging on to the Buffalo WL with all of my hope. I'd much rather go to Buffalo. I don't know how to plan/move forward without being certain about my status at this school :(. I did not expect WL anxiety to be this bad.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
I feel so stuck :/ I got an A elsewhere but I feel like I can't even be too excited about it bc I'm hanging on to the Buffalo WL with all of my hope. I'd much rather go to Buffalo. I don't know how to plan/move forward without being certain about my status at this school :(. I did not expect WL anxiety to be this bad.
WL movement is always pretty good

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Is there really a difference between in person and virtual interviews? Ik they say there’s not difference but do u think it’s looked down upon to do virtual interview?

Is there really a difference between in person and virtual interviews? Ik they say there’s not difference but do u think it’s looked down upon to do virtual interview?

If you have the ability to get to the school and would like to go there, I’d say putting in the effort to attend in-person is probably a good idea, if for nothing else then to meet the student body. They say it doesn’t matter but there isn’t a real way to know for sure.

Last edited:
Does anyone have an idea about what events take place during accepted students weekend?

IS II, complete 7/27, interview week of 2/29

Reactions: 5 users
It is a little perversely funny to me that UB was my top choice initially but has been the only in-state school I haven't gotten an interview from lol 😂

It is a little perversely funny to me that UB was my top choice initially but has been the only in-state school I haven't gotten an interview from lol 😂
It be like that sometimes lmao

It's Thursday, February 29 - Wednesday, March 6. Would these interviews be for the waitlist or still direct admission?
All interviews from Jan-March are released in march so I assume they are still interviewing as normal, so both decisions

for those in the accepted students group chat… how many people are in it so far? just trying to estimate roughly how many more A’s will be given out

for those in the accepted students group chat… how many people are in it so far? just trying to estimate roughly how many more A’s will be given out
There are 66 of us in there right now

All interviews from Jan-March are released in march so I assume they are still interviewing as normal, so both decisions
I interviewed 01/08 and i won’t hear back til March?? Man that’s so annoying haha

Are they still sending out interviews? When the application was completed, did they say what time frame, they would consider the application?