2023-2024 SUNY Downstate (Brooklyn)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
We are scared of them and have you

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Do any accepted students know if Downstate has sent out the groupme to all accepted students, or is the groupme only SDN people. If only SDN than the class has to be nearly full, since a lot of people aren’t on this site?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do any accepted students know if Downstate has sent out the groupme to all accepted students, or is the groupme only SDN people. If only SDN than the class has to be nearly full, since a lot of people aren’t on this site?
I think only SDN

Reactions: 1 user
Doesn’t the committee meet every two weeks or something? At least that’s how it was during interview season. If that’s the case, and assuming the committee is even involved with ranking the AL, it would have been better to assume we’ll get more activity next week

Doesn’t the committee meet every two weeks or something? At least that’s how it was during interview season. If that’s the case, and assuming the committee is even involved with ranking the AL, it would have been better to assume we’ll get more activity next week
How do you know? I thought they would be meeting more often now

Last edited:
The committee doesn’t pull people off the alternate list, only the director of admissions does, with the list ranked based on the scores given by the admissions committee before

Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew my A today. Really loved my visit and NYC seems awesome, but opted to stay closer to family (west coast) and cheaper IS tuition. Best of luck to everyone!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Withdrew my A today. Really loved my visit and NYC seems awesome, but opted to stay closer to family (west coast) and cheaper IS tuition. Best of luck to everyone!
Thank you so much for telling us! Hope one of us gets your spot tomorrow

Reactions: 2 users
A just now from alternate list at 830 pm. Interviewed in March.

IS A tonight, 512 mcat, 3.5 overall, 3.3 science, 3 years full-time research, multiple publications, 500+ clinical experience

Reactions: 1 users
For those that just received As, are yall seeing where you can commit to enroll on amcas? I don’t see it on mine but thinking it may take a little to update? Same goes for submitting the deposit

For those that just received As, are yall seeing where you can commit to enroll on amcas? I don’t see it on mine but thinking it may take a little to update? Same goes for submitting the deposit
Yes I see it. It was updated about 30 mins after email.

Congrats everyone (also dying inside)

I’m confused. Are you not already accepted to Downstate? I commented on your Upstate vs Downstate post and you made it seem like you’re accepted at both schools but on this thread you seem to be antsy for an A off the WL

• Wow
I’m confused. Are you not already accepted to Downstate? I commented on your Upstate vs Downstate post and you made it seem like you’re accepted at both schools but on this thread you seem to be antsy for an A off the WL
I should’ve clarified on that post. I am on AL at Downstate but A there and was trying to determine to write LOI to Downstate

IS A off the WL a few hours ago; to the guy above who asked above, I had no gap years

It took around a day for mine to update on CYMS. The deposit should be available on the prematric checklist though. Congrats everyone!

A this morning! IS (NYC resident), 520, 3.6c gpa. Significant clinical/leadership experience, minimal research.

• Love
What do you think the chances are for those still on the WL? I am in IS.