2023-2024 SUNY Upstate (Norton)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yes, regular decision

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Did everyone already receive their SUNY upstate secondary. Ik they came out on July 13th and now I’m starting to think I didn’t make the cut.
I am IS and still did not receive one :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I am IS and still did not receive one :(
Also IS, specifically Upstate NY, stats well above median, got verified on AMCAS on 7/3. Really starting to worry about not having this secondary yet

For the specialty question, I simply replied "Psychiatry." Not realizing that it is an essay question. I am actually freaking out and don't know what to do. I literally did not write anything but psychiatry. How screwed am I? Should I email the admissions and ask if I can fix the mistake?

For the specialty question, I simply replied "Psychiatry." Not realizing that it is an essay question. I am actually freaking out and don't know what to do. I literally did not write anything but psychiatry. How screwed am I? Should I email the admissions and ask if I can fix the mistake?
I emailed them and they said a very short response is fine so I'm sure you are fine. But of course, they emailed me back after I already submitted my lengthy response.

I'm pretty sure I answered this question in a similar way, you are fine :)

Has anyone else IS still not received secondary? I have stats way higher than the median and have yet to get one

I’m OOS no ties, verified Monday, and got my secondary a few hours ago… odd.

I’m IS and received my secondary about 24 hours after being verified

Members don't see this ad :)
IS still no secondary, I emailed yesterday and haven't heard anything back yet

IS secondary received with IA! I have no trouble logging in, make sure you follow the instruction (I forgot put an A in front of my AMCAS ID the first time)

IS secondary received with IA! I have no trouble logging in, make sure you follow the instruction (I forgot put an A in front of my AMCAS ID the first time)
Lmao I was too worried about that and kept putting in my 8-digit birthdate instead of 6.

How many LOR did y'all submit? I am looking at the website but it does not say a min/max

congrats!! stats? when were you complete?

for all the other prompts can someone pleaseee specifiy the word/character counts (if any?)

I graduated from a NY high school 4 years ago but moved to another state a couple of years ago. Does anyone know if this makes me eligible to be considered "in-state" for application purposes?

I graduated from a NY high school 4 years ago but moved to another state a couple of years ago. Does anyone know if this makes me eligible to be considered "in-state" for application purposes?
You have to see if you qualify for state residency for NY. If yes, I’d imagine you indicate that on AMCAS when they ask for identifying information from you.

For the course requirements, do we have to note which institution we took the course at?

Additional questions for Rural Health application:
I. Why do you consider yourself suited for rural medical practice?
II. If you have lived in a rural community, please describe it and indicate how long you lived there.
III. Describe your understanding of an issue or challenge facing rural communities now or in the future.
IV. Describe any relevant medical encounters that either you or your family has experienced. How has this influenced your desire to practice rural medicine?
V. What are your future career goals?

anyone received interview invite recently?
Most of the activity is historically second half of the month/into September. People getting ii's now probably have very strong ties to the school itself, just my guess.

Should we see anything in the "Status" column in the requirements table? I see they received my LORs and supplemental application, but the status cells are empty.

I just went to submit my secondary, the application payment popped up, I went to go back to see my app, then it glitched, my secondary was submitted and no application fee was payed. I got an email saying my application was submitted, tried to pay the fee, but my application is essentially closed and disappeared. What do I do? Is there a place I can do this, a place to track things?

Should we see anything in the "Status" column in the requirements table? I see they received my LORs and supplemental application, but the status cells are empty.
I do not have anything in the status!

I just went to submit my secondary, the application payment popped up, I went to go back to see my app, then it glitched, my secondary was submitted and no application fee was payed. I got an email saying my application was submitted, tried to pay the fee, but my application is essentially closed and disappeared. What do I do? Is there a place I can do this, a place to track things?
The same happened to me yesterday LOL. The link to for secondary payments is actually also on their website: Application Fees | College of Health Professions | SUNY Upstate Medical University

Sure
Congratulations, when were you complete and do you mind sharing your stats. Thanks
submitted 7/17, received complete email 7/26. I’m non-trad/reinvention/career changer with 2 grad degrees (one being an SMP). High MCAT, low undergrad GPA

Sure

submitted 7/17, received complete email 7/26. I’m non-trad/reinvention/career changer with 2 grad degrees (one being an SMP). High MCAT, low undergrad GPA
Thanks, good luck, I am sure I will see you on these pages and expect to hear you get an acceptance in a few months.

Also, I'm not sure if anyone has had this experience. But I accidentally started the rural medicine application that I have no intention of submitting. Do I just not submit it? Thanks!

Instead of spamming every single school asking, please read… if you scrolled up, you’d see II this morning…
just looked at like 15 schools where they copied pasted the same thing **** had me dead :rofl:

• Haha
II received today 4pm. Secondary submitted July 31st. App Complete Aug 1st. OOS with only a NY undergrad but I am a NJ resident.

Reactions: 2 users