2023-2024 SUNY Upstate (Norton)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone's application just disappear after submitting? I received the jankiest email confirming receipt of my secondary and that's it. The portal shows that no such secondary exists, and the email I received is empty but contains a text file that reads "[Name] has submitted an on-line Medicine Supplemental application."
Any update? Same thing and I just got an email saying missing items a few hours after I got an application saying I submitted. How long did it take for your portal to update?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
II received this morning. IS, secondary complete 7/25

Reactions: 2 users
Thinking about adding this school on. I'm an NJ resident with strong ties to NYC but not upstate NY. Is it worth doing so with the heavy IS bias?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thinking about adding this school on. I'm an NJ resident with strong ties to NYC but not upstate NY. Is it worth doing so with the heavy IS bias?
The only time that you have 0% chance of acceptance is if you don't apply! If you are interested, go for it. I am one of many IS with no II yet, so shoot your shot. (As an Upstate resident, it's much different than the city. Having lived in rural and urban environments, I think this school offers a great balance.)

The only time that you have 0% chance of acceptance is if you don't apply! If you are interested, go for it. I am one of many IS with no II yet, so shoot your shot. (As an Upstate resident, it's much different than the city. Having lived in rural and urban environments, I think this school offers a great balance.)
That's true, but after applying to so many schools already I would only want to add on if there is a reasonable chance. I don't want to just be setting about $150 on fire, you know?

That's true, but after applying to so many schools already I would only want to add on if there is a reasonable chance. I don't want to just be setting about $150 on fire, you know?
Totally understand. It's always riskier to apply OOS when they have IS preference... if you have some other strong prospects and want to save the money, then I would hold off. But if you are really interested and feel like a good fit, then go for it! I have been in the same boat - have faith, future doctor!

+1 II IS Submitted 8/07

Last edited:
II this morning. IS. Submitted 8/2. LM 70. My first II!

Reactions: 7 users
What's your stats?
Pretty high. I don’t think they screen for secondaries though so if you haven’t gotten one + a lot of time has passed since AMCAS verified you, I would call them.

Members don't see this ad :)
II at 4am, complete 7/13!

Last edited by a moderator:
Pre-II hold. OOS, but incredibly close to upstate NY.

If you don't mind me asking, when were you guys complete?

OOS Hold, does anyone know how a hold typically translates? Do they reject during the cycle?

Reactions: 1 users
Are they putting everyone on hold? Has anyone gotten a R or II today?

OOS hold as well. Really disappointed, one of my top choices

OOS hold with strong ties to upstate. Also in the same boat wondering how hold worked out for people in the past?

Is it also reflected on your portal? I know last year some people (aka me) saw they were on hold via the portal before ever getting an email

Pre-ll hold, IS. From what I can gather I can’t really tell if it’s a good or bad thing. My app was processed in 8/17, but something tells me and even from prior years too that they just send almost everyone on hold that has submitted before the 8th. Probably not correct but hopeful😞

Once we submit the supplemental, are we able to log back into our application account? It seems the system won't let me log back in.

OOS with strong NY ties (undergrad and family), Hold on Friday to II today. LM 70 (high GPA mediocre MCAT)

• Wow
I got the complete email on 7/26. Since then I have not heard anything (No II, R, or Hold). Is anyone else in the same boat?

OOS II with strong ties to NY. Available dates: 11/29, 12/6, 12/13 (I didn't check January). Submitted 7/14, complete 7/26.