2023-2024 Virginia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if UVA does internal rankings? I swear on interview they mentioned they did not, but admit.org reports that they do.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if UVA does internal rankings? I swear on interview they mentioned they did not, but admit.org reports that they do.
There is no internal ranking according to students there, I also saw the UVA info on that website and it has quite a bit of wrong info

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
There is no internal ranking according to students there, I also saw the UVA info on that website and it has quite a bit of wrong info
Hey, all the info should be up to date as of last week - UVA has no internal rank on Admit, is it showing differently for you?

1713845399490.png

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, all the info should be up to date as of last week - UVA has no internal rank on Admit, is it showing differently for you?

View attachment 385810
That looks good on my end now

There are also a handful of required lectures each week, so I'm not sure how you wanna list that under its respective column; looking at the weekly schedule for current M1s, roughly 40% of days require at least some attendance

Reactions: 1 user
That looks good on my end now

There are also a handful of required lectures each week, so I'm not sure how you wanna list that under its respective column; looking at the weekly schedule for current M1s, roughly 40% of days require at least some attendance
I'll try to see if there's a way I can make a half required/optional entry rather than one or the other, thanks!

I'll try to see if there's a way I can make a half required/optional entry rather than one or the other, thanks!
the lectures are optional. What Fern might be referencing are the TBL exercises or when there is a patient-activity. I don't think those are considered lectures. Many other schools that do optional attendance also have this policy with team-based learning and patient exercises. Otherwise, the list looks good!

• Care
Have an OOS students received merit scholarships? It seems to only have gone to in state students

the lectures are optional. What Fern might be referencing are the TBL exercises or when there is a patient-activity. I don't think those are considered lectures. Many other schools that do optional attendance also have this policy with team-based learning and patient exercises. Otherwise, the list looks good!
Yeah my bad I just looked again and I was pleasantly surprised, thank you for your work Mr./Mrs. Rabbit, now I am at peace knowing I don't have to give up morning gym sessions

• Haha
WL here, anyone have an idea on if/when there will be WL movement?

WL here, anyone have an idea on if/when there will be WL movement?
Website says late June. I think it also said typically there are 0-10 spots that open with around 80 on the list at that point.

• Sad
Anyone heard back from the generalist scholars program yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did other WL folks get the survey of continued interest email???

Reactions: 2 users
Did other WL folks get the survey of continued interest email???
Anyone have any idea why the email said that they should know in a couple of weeks whether or not they'll be pulling people from the waitlist? Is there some sort of deadline coming up for admitted students to commit or are they maybe anticipating withdrawals?

Just got the call that I was accepted to the Generalist Scholars Program!

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
any waitlist movement anyone? How would we be notified if we were to get off the waitlist, phone call or email?

any waitlist movement anyone? How would we be notified if we were to get off the waitlist, phone call or email?
My understanding is that acceptances off the waitlist will be given by phone call. No movement yet but per the recent email, we should hopefully know something over the next week or so. Hang in there everyone!