2023-2024 Virginia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
that is true but they also accept a huge number of applicants because of this reason (more so than any other T20-30 school). Although they assure that there is some movement off the WL every year.
damn ok :/ guess i'll just have to wait and see

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
that is true but they also accept a huge number of applicants because of this reason (more so than any other T20-30 school). Although they assure that there is some movement off the WL every year.
They don’t have a ranking in the waitlist right?

Did any OOS get in after interviewing this week? Just curious

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS WL, interviewed this week too.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
OOS A interviewed this week, keep fighting everyone. as hard as that is

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
I wonder if II are over since they stop interviewing first week of march.

• Hmm
Reactions: 3 users
Any IS students who got an II here but not at VCU?
I am not sure what your scores are, but VCU pretty consistently skims out the top MCAT scores, like if you got above a 518/520

• Sad
I am not sure what your scores are, but VCU pretty consistently skims out the top MCAT scores, like if you got above a 518/520
This is pretty close to what UVA's pre-health advising office told me last summer. They told me that, as an OOS student, I'd probably have a better shot at UVA than at VCU because I scored quite well on the MCAT (retook an aging 518 and got a 523) and got my bachelor's there. Not that UVA gave me any love last cycle or this cycle...

• Sad
This is pretty close to what UVA's pre-health advising office told me last summer. They told me that, as an OOS student, I'd probably have a better shot at UVA than at VCU because I scored quite well on the MCAT (retook an aging 518 and got a 523) and got my bachelor's there. Not that UVA gave me any love last cycle or this cycle...
im quite shocked that they didn't even give you an II with that MCAT and it was your alma mater. That seems crazy

Reactions: 1 users
im quite shocked that they didn't even give you an II with that MCAT and it was your alma mater. That seems crazy
Unfortunately, my GPA was not quite as good (3.8 cGPA / 3.66 sGPA). Not *entirely* out of the realm of possibility, but definitely not doing me any favors at a school known to be so... particular about grades. If only I had known about Anki in undergrad...

Unfortunately, my GPA was not quite as good (3.8 cGPA / 3.66 sGPA). Not *entirely* out of the realm of possibility, but definitely not doing me any favors at a school known to be so... particular about grades. If only I had known about Anki in undergrad...
That is a great GPA and a tremendous MCAT score! You should be proud of yourself and no matter what school you go to, you're gonna kill! :)

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! Are there any past students I can talk to or does UVA have ambassadors to ask about student life/ dating lol (from a woman). Im scared that living in a small southern town as someone from an nyc suburb, I would struggle to meet people outside of my class/maybe a few of the law students or mbas or phds that would be my age

I have the same stats and attended uva undergrad, no II in two cycles

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
1710182717447.gif

• Care
  • Haha
Pre-II R as well. Absolutely no reason to wait this long if they've been done interviewing for a week.
I have the same stats and attended uva undergrad, no II in two cycles
That sucks, man. They did the same thing to me last cycle too.

Last edited:
  • Care
Has anybody been contacted about merit aid / know when they start informing recipients?

How should I address a letter of interest? To the admissions committee? Or is there anyone in particular that would be better to address it to?

anyone applying to the generalist scholar program or any past students that have done it? is it worth the extra work?

anyone applying to the generalist scholar program or any past students that have done it? is it worth the extra work?
I think it's only for people who are interested in family medicine, pediatrics, internal medicine, and primary care. You get awarded the money in your fourth year if you have committed to doing that specialty

I think it's only for people who are interested in family medicine, pediatrics, internal medicine, and primary care. You get awarded the money in your fourth year if you have committed to doing that specialty
yup, i'm aware that it is intended for students interested in primary care. not really focusing on the money right now but more so the research and opportunities that you get for mentorship with the program. I'm wondering if its worth it for someone who is interested in primary care but also other fields. Or is it more for people who are committed to becoming a PCP? For me, I like primary care and want to explore it further but I also like surgery so I wonder if this program will hinder me from pursuing opportunities/research in those areas?

It says this on the portal, "You may withdraw from the incoming class at any time without penalty by submitting a written request to the Admissions inbox, [email protected]. "

Just got a need-based financial aid email -- awarded the OOS max of $35k and approved for their institutional need-based loan for $10k w/ 0% interest during schooling. Remaining COA is to be covered by about $42k in federal loans if I don't get any other scholarships from here on out

Just got a need-based financial aid email -- awarded the OOS max of $35k and approved for their institutional need-based loan for $10k w/ 0% interest during schooling. Remaining COA is to be covered by about $42k in federal loans if I don't get any other scholarships from here on out

What date did you get the email that they had received all of your financial aid documents?

that 10k loan is epic. Hoping to hear back regarding my fin aid tomorrow or next week - time is running out :(

just received my financial aid package. has anyone recieved any merit scholarship offers yet?

just received my financial aid package. has anyone recieved any merit scholarship offers yet?
Merit aid coming in the next week or two, per a student in the SNMA chat that called the admissions office

They’ve started sending merit scholarship offers

Last edited:
Just withdrew my A! Good luck everyone.

For transparency: I received the max OOS need-based scholarship of 35K and was approved for the institutional need-based loan for $10k