2023-2024 Virginia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I've gotten alot of love from Virginia schools as an in-state student and I'll say that they definitely do value ties a lot. I sent in letters of interest emphasizing my past work with both UVA & VCU which they seemed to really like. I highly recommend sending in LOIs if you're able to do that for these two schools.
How did you send letters of interest when they said they don't want letters?

Members don't see this ad.

Do you guys know when UVA will usually send financial aid awards?

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone know when UVA stops sending out IIs? are we done?

Reactions: 3 users
side note: the decision turnaround here is *chef’s kiss* less than a week, some schools could never lol

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I know it’s coming but dreading the day I catch the R here

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Do they require CSS profile? Does anyone know the code if so?

I dont believe so. Just FAFSA and they have a online application in their system

Reactions: 1 user
I have a competition in charlottesville coming up, should I email the admissions committee to come and watch me?

• Haha
OOS II just received today. Pretty surprised ngl. Earliest date is Feb 27, next is Feb 28. No dates open in March/April that I could see

Last edited:
  • Hmm
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
Just to clarify, we log in to the umbrella zoom the morning of our interview, but nothing actually starts until our actual interview?

Just to clarify, we log in to the umbrella zoom the morning of our interview, but nothing actually starts until our actual interview?
You log in at 10:50 am, the info session begins at 11 am and goes on for a few hours along with the tour/q&a with students

IS WL. Interviewed earlier this week :(

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 1 users
OOS WL also interviewed earlier this week. This is my top choice so super bummed

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know how likely it is to get off the waitlist?

Reactions: 1 user
I've heard from multiple people that UVA has decent WL movement. They accept a lot of strong applicants who end up going to T20s / other high-ranked schools and then pull from the WL. Desperately hoping so b/c I'm IS and could use an A

• Care
I've heard from multiple people that UVA has decent WL movement. They accept a lot of strong applicants who end up going to T20s / other high-ranked schools and then pull from the WL. Desperately hoping so b/c I'm IS and could use an A
that is true but they also accept a huge number of applicants because of this reason (more so than any other T20-30 school). Although they assure that there is some movement off the WL every year.

• Sad