2023-2024 Virginia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was complete early August and still haven’t gotten an interview. I noticed people who applied later than me have received an interview. Is there still hope for one or have I been passed over? LM 84, ORM.
If you're asking if we know if all interview offers have been extended, I'm not sure if we can say that for sure. I believe as others have mentioned, there could still be some offers that go out. Best of luck! Great school and I loved my time there.

Members don't see this ad.

OOS II, LM 81.5, complete 7/22

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Oh Virginia, how I've waited for you.

IS Interview Invite received today!!
- Earliest booking date was first week in Jan (Week of 1/1)
- LM 77

Haiku:
Virginia's whisper,
through the waiting, love unfolds,
anticipation, home.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
i am once again asking for UVA to love me 😅

Reactions: 8 users
Oh Virginia, how I've waited for you.

IS Interview Invite received today!!
- Earliest booking date was first week in Jan (Week of 1/1)
- LM 77

Haiku:
Virginia's whisper,
through the waiting, love unfolds,
anticipation, home.
congrats!! when did you submit ur secondaries? trying to gauge since I'm also IS :D

OOS A, interviewed earlier this week

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
OOS A, was interviewed earlier this week as well.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Could someone please highlight the main differences between Charlottesville and Inova Fairfax?

Anyone have any clue how many interviews are left to go out and how late they send them out till?

Reactions: 7 users
where are the other IS applicants? I’ve only seen OOS acceptances on this thread, I’m worried they will waitlist me because there haven’t been a lot of IS interviews so far 😅

where are the other IS applicants? I’ve only seen OOS acceptances on this thread, I’m worried they will waitlist me because there haven’t been a lot of IS interviews so far 😅
IS and nothing so far :( Was your interview overwhelmingly OOS?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
IIS A around 11:00am!!!!!!!! First A and my top choice. I’m so unbelievably happy

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
IS II, completed in August. Thought I was done with this school. So excited, especially as I know that their post-II acceptance rate is super high!!!

Reactions: 5 users
Congrats everyone! When are they scheduling for and did you guys send updates?

no update and just the last two weeks of january

i only had the last three days of january when i went to schedule after work just now

I have a genuine question regarding the interview / acceptance process here. So I know that the post-II is incredibly high (roughly 90%)—what exactly is the final decision based off of? If you get an interview and you're not a weirdo and perform well, you get an automatic acceptance?

I'm asking because my LM is very low (around 70) for UVA. I have very strong ties to the school though so I wanna know whether my chances of acceptance after I interview would be lower because of my low stats?

I have a genuine question regarding the interview / acceptance process here. So I know that the post-II is incredibly high (roughly 90%)—what exactly is the final decision based off of? If you get an interview and you're not a weirdo and perform well, you get an automatic acceptance?

I'm asking because my LM is very low (around 70) for UVA. I have very strong ties to the school though so I wanna know whether my chances of acceptance after I interview would be lower because of my low stats?
I do not have an II at UVA but I can tell you that if they invited you for an interview they really really like you. I have strong ties to UVA and thats what I have heard. Don't worry about your LM at this point because that is not in your control anymore. Do your best on interview day and there is a high likelihood you will be accepted. Good luck!

LM71, still got into UVA. If they are willing to interview you, that means they’ve already looked past your stats. Good luck!

Reactions: 2 users
i’m still pretty flabbergasted about this II lol. this is not a school i was expecting to hear from at ALL as an OOS with no ties. anyone else feel like that?

i’m still pretty flabbergasted about this II lol. this is not a school i was expecting to hear from at ALL as an OOS with no ties. anyone else feel like that?
flabbergasted is the right word to describe my last 24 hours. If I had to rank the schools that I would hear back, this would've been last on my list.

II!!! What’s the post-II acceptance rate for UVA like? I’ve heard it’s pretty high!

II!!! What’s the post-II acceptance rate for UVA like? I’ve heard it’s pretty high!
It is 78% for OOS and 87% for IS applicants. Regardless, chances are very very good so congratulations!

Congrats to those who got an II! Does anyone know if UVA accepts updates/letters of interest pre-II?

MSTP R yesterday. International. Complete 7/8

• Care
I believe the post-II acceptance rate is more like 46% (300 acceptances for 650 interviews).
It is pretty evident by looking at past threads that this is not true. And USNews is historically pretty accurate for other schools so the real post-II is probably around 80%.

Either this number is outdated or the admissions committee views the "300 acceptances out of 650 interviews" as an objective that they routinely miss.

OOS A! Interviewed yesterday

Reactions: 3 users
Quickest turnaround ever omg haha congrats
They meet every Friday to vote on the interviewees from that week, which is something I wish all med schools would do!

Ahh I got an II! I have read through SDN and the interview feedback, but I am still so nervous. This is absolutely my top choice, so I have my fingers crossed that I do well. Any tips from accepted students that interviewed this cycle? A lot of the interview feedback seemed to be from when they were in person.
Edited to add: I have a low LM, also around 70 as another mentioned here, so I have a lot to make up for.

Ahh I got an II! I have read through SDN and the interview feedback, but I am still so nervous. This is absolutely my top choice, so I have my fingers crossed that I do well. Any tips from accepted students that interviewed this cycle? A lot of the interview feedback seemed to be from when they were in person.
It's so chill seriously go in, have fun, be yourself. Have a positive and cheerful vibe if possible, goes a long way.

Reactions: 3 users
Edited to add: I have a low LM, also around 70 as another mentioned here, so I have a lot to make up for.
plus if you get in, you might get to go to med school with @toastedbutter which is a huge bonus

• Haha
I am pleased to announce that the haikuhero has been accepted yesterday! With JHU & NYU waitlisting me, I guess the universe wants me to go hiking in cville :)

Interview was chill, each interviewer had their own style/questions, interview day itself was also a lot of fun & small.
stats: 4.0/520, interview week of 1/1, in-state

Acceptance embraced,
Virginia's heartbeats with dreams,
home in bloomed whispers.

Reactions: 6 users
OOS II earlier this morning, there were a few dates in early February that were available.

What’s the general consensus on a second update letter? I sent an update in early October regarding a new clinical job as well as a publication. I recently had another publication in a larger journal and was thinking of sending an update but didn’t want to seem like I was badgering the adcom(Pre-II btw)

What’s the general consensus on a second update letter? I sent an update in early October regarding a new clinical job as well as a publication. I recently had another publication in a larger journal and was thinking of sending an update but didn’t want to seem like I was badgering the adcom(Pre-II btw)
A publication and new clinical job sounds like a pretty big deal, just send it