2023-2024 Western Michigan (Stryker)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is this a stat heavy school
If you look at MSAR, with an average MCAT of 515, it is definitely stat heavy for its ranking, especially relative to the other MI schools (excluding UMich)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
If you look at MSAR, with an average MCAT of 515, it is definitely stat heavy for its ranking, especially relative to the other MI schools (excluding UMich)
Their website says 513. I never know who to trust lol, many schools post different numbers from MSAR.

Their website says 513. I never know who to trust lol, many schools post different numbers from MSAR.
MSAR posts median accepted MCAT and GPA as the first one you see but you can check matriculated averages on there as well. I would assume most schools typically post median matriculated MCAT. I find for most MD schools the accepted MCAT is usually a couple points higher than matriculated due to those who got accepted and attended elsewhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
MSAR posts median accepted MCAT and GPA as the first one you see but you can check matriculated averages on there as well. I would assume most schools typically post median matriculated MCAT. I find for most MD schools the accepted MD is usually a couple points higher than matriculated due to those who got accepted and attended elsewhere.
Yea that would make sense. I mean it's Western Michigan lol I feel like a lot of people with a 515 would end up (understandably) going somewhere else

Reactions: 1 user
Received the under review for a phone interview update!

Reactions: 2 users
Received the experiences review complete email! Does anyone know how long it takes for that to go to a phone interview or R? Thanks!

Just received the progress to experience review email! Submitted 8/13

The email said it can take up to 4 weeks during peak application season.
I believe the 4 weeks is to complete the experiences review, not to get the phone interview/R decision--last year there were a lot of people who were "under consideration for a phone interview" for months. Behind the curtain I imagine that means that they've read your application and given it some kind of score but haven't decided whether they want to interview you or not yet

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS Phone II Received!
Secondary completed - 7/29
Experiences review - 7/31
Phone II consideration - 8/20

Received Consideration for phone II email today. Was under Experience review 08/14.

Wait does the email saying experience review is complete and you’re now under consideration for a phone interview mean anything? I kinda figured it was just confirmation they read thru ur app (under consideration email: 8/19)

Wait does the email saying experience review is complete and you’re now under consideration for a phone interview mean anything? I kinda figured it was just confirmation they read thru ur app (under consideration email: 8/19)
That's what I thought I don't think it means you'll get a phone II for sure

Do all applicants progress to the "under consideration for phone interview" or do only select applicants?

recieved under consideration for a phone interview today. experience review started on 08/21

Received the following application update: “Your application is currently under review for a phone interview. We have invited close to 200 applicants for a phone interview thus far and that is roughly 25% of the total we plan to invite this cycle. We will continue to invite applicants for a phone interview on a rolling basis until the end of January. Our virtual interviews begin Friday, September 29 and will conclude Friday, March 8th.”

I’ve been under consideration for a phone interview since 8/9, so I appreciate their transparency.

Reactions: 10 users
Received the following application update: “Your application is currently under review for a phone interview. We have invited close to 200 applicants for a phone interview thus far and that is roughly 25% of the total we plan to invite this cycle. We will continue to invite applicants for a phone interview on a rolling basis until the end of January. Our virtual interviews begin Friday, September 29 and will conclude Friday, March 8th.”

I’ve been under consideration for a phone interview since 8/9, so I appreciate their transparency.
I just received the same email as well and I have been under consideration for a while.

Reactions: 5 users

+1. been under consideration for phone interview since 8/26.

+1

+1

+1

Is there any significance to this email? Or do they send it out to all applicants?
Likely only sent to those in the "under consideration for a phone interview" step. I completed the phone interview and did not receive this email.

+1

I believe the 4 weeks is to complete the experiences review, not to get the phone interview/R decision--last year there were a lot of people who were "under consideration for a phone interview" for months. Behind the curtain I imagine that means that they've read your application and given it some kind of score but haven't decided whether they want to interview you or not yet
Where do you guys see status update when I login it only shows my application components.

Where do you guys see status update when I login it only shows my application components.
If you click on status in the sidebar menu you should see it. They do also email you about everything--there's a communication status section within the status part that has a record of all those emails

My app moved into the "experiences review" stage today. Full app completed 8/17. OOS, no ties, LM 71.

Can someone who has taken the phone interview PM me some advice? Mine is tomorrow I'm more stressed for this than for my zoom interview lol since I won't be able to see facial expressions

Can someone who has taken the phone interview PM me some advice? Mine is tomorrow I'm more stressed for this than for my zoom interview lol since I won't be able to see facial expressions
I'm more than happy to PM some advice!

Did anyone who already did the phone interview hear back?

Last edited:
I got “entered queue” for experience review, which I haven’t seen mentioned here before. Complete 8/13, OOS LM77.

Got both the experience review and the under consideration for phone interview emails today. Complete date on app 9/3, OOS, no ties