2023-2024 Western Michigan (Stryker)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Confirming what another poster said earlier: ~450 phone IIs have been sent out, and they plan to send them until the end of January.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Confirming what another poster said earlier: ~450 phone IIs have been sent out, and they plan to send them until the end of January.

Got that email as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
Since Wmed sends updates does that mean they are going to invite you for a telephone interview eventually in the cycle?

I think they send updates to everyone. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

I think you’re right, I don’t think the updates are any indicator if you will get an interview or not. I feel like as long as you aren’t rejected, you will get the updates

I think you’re right, I don’t think the updates are any indicator if you will get an interview or not. I feel like as long as you aren’t rejected, you will get the updates
I will say, I was not in the"reviewing for a phone interview"phase and didn't get the email about there being 200 spots filled for phone interviews. Once I was in consideration for a phone interview I did receive the updated emails. So it would seem that only people who are in consideration, not everyone who submitted

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I will say, I was not in the"reviewing for a phone interview"phase and didn't get the email about there being 200 spots filled for phone interviews. Once I was in consideration for a phone interview I did receive the updated emails. So it would seem that only people who are in consideration, not everyone who submitted
I think it was the same for me.

Members don't see this ad :)
IF someone moves to "under review for phone interview" what are the chances they will actually receive a phone interview?
Bored Daily Show GIF by CTV Comedy Channel

Does everyone receive “under consideration for virtual interview” after the phone II
I would imagine so, however if not all received under consider for phone II, I can’t help but wonder.

Does everyone receive “under consideration for virtual interview” after the phone II
I would imagine so, however if not all received under consider for phone II, I can’t help but wonder.
So not everyone moves to phone interview invite after being under consideration for phone interview I get that, but what are the chances of getting an II after being under consideration phone interview?

So not everyone moves to phone interview invite after being under consideration for phone interview I get that, but what are the chances of getting an II after being under consideration phone interview?
I don't really think there is a way to quantify this. I don't think WMed releases data on who gets a phone interview specifically but rather they give the numbers on their virtual IIs. I don't think there is a way to know how many people got a phone interview but stopped short of getting an actual II.

I don't really think there is a way to quantify this. I don't think WMed releases data on who gets a phone interview specifically but rather they give the numbers on their virtual IIs. I don't think there is a way to know how many people got a phone interview but stopped short of getting an actual II.
If you look up the 2026 class profile, you can see the data

Hey there, not sure about the amount of people who are under consideration for a phone II, but the number of people who actually got a phone interview and then went on to get a virtual interview is ~41.7% (using 2026 class profile that @alldayallnight mentioned)
1697063175484.png

Is this the profile you're referring to? From this, it appears that about 18.5% of all applicants get a phone interview, and from that stage, 58.3% move on to a virtual interview.

FYI, I talked to one of the ADCOMs for WMed yesterday at the UC Davis Prehealth fair and he said everyone gets placed for under consideration for phone interview. That term is supposed to signify that experiences review has been completed.

Reactions: 1 users
FYI, I talked to one of the ADCOMs for WMed yesterday at the UC Davis Prehealth fair and he said everyone gets placed for under consideration for phone interview. That term is supposed to signify that experiences review has been completed.
Yup. This should be the first comment future applicants see lol. The way posters talk about this status here makes it seem like something better than it actually is, which probably does more to confuse people than provide information.

But only select applicants move to experience review phase

OOS virtual interview received today! This is my first time getting an interview invite and I'm a reapplicant so this one definitely means a lot:giggle: Phone interview completed 9/28!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
I'm pretty sure they said that the first batch of interviews can expect to hear tomorrow by email or by phone for acceptances!
Anyone hear anything back yet? I might be reading too hard into this lol but in last years thread the first day of acceptances on the WMed website was the 15th but no one posted any A’s or WL until the 18th. Since it was the 16th on their website this year, maybe we start seeing decisions tomorrow?

• Hmm
After my interview (10/13), admissions told us that we can expect to hear back this Thurs/Fri. So, hopefully tomorrow?

Last edited:
Anyone hear anything back yet? I might be reading too hard into this lol but in last years thread the first day of acceptances on the WMed website was the 15th but no one posted any A’s or WL until the 18th. Since it was the 16th on their website this year, maybe we start seeing decisions tomorrow?
I interviewed end of sept, heard nothing

After my interview (8/13), admissions told us that we can expect to hear back this Thurs/Fri. So, hopefully tomorrow?
You had your virtual interview on 8/13?
Sorry October 13th. My tired brain thought Oct = 8

After my interview (8/13), admissions told us that we can expect to hear back this Thurs/Fri. So, hopefully tomorrow?

Sorry October 13th. My tired brain thought Oct = 8
Yeah my interview was a few days before you and I was told that 10/18 was the day we would hear back so it was a little disappointing today. Hopefully we hear something this week!

Any hope for a telephone interview here at this point ? I’m starting to think I was rejected back in July . I’m expecting to be in the first round of rejections they will be sending .

Any hope for a telephone interview here at this point ? I’m starting to think I was rejected back in July . I’m expecting to be in the first round of rejections they will be sending .

I haven’t heard anything as well.

They said they will send telephone interview until the end of January. Just hang tight.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm a current student here at WMed. Happy to answer any questions yall may have about the school or the process!

I'm a current student here at WMed. Happy to answer any questions yall may have about the school or the process!
Hi , do you know if Wmed invites most people under review for telephone interviews since everyone who moves to experience review automatically are placed under this .

Last edited:
Hi , do you know if Wmed invites most people under review for telephone interviews since everyone who moves to experience review automatically are placed u see this .
From what I understand, not everyone gets a phone interview ~600-800. About half of those who got phone interviewed will be invited to interview virtually~350-450. WMed does send out phone interviews/virtual interviews into the next year in previous years though!

From what I understand, not everyone gets a phone interview ~600-800. About half of those who got phone interviewed will be invited to interview virtually~350-450. WMed does send out phone interviews/virtual interviews into the next year in previous years though!
Does it help to visit the school for a tour? I’m thinking of visiting but haven’t booked anything yet .

Does it help to visit the school for a tour? I’m thinking of visiting but haven’t booked anything yet .
I would say it's a great way to get to know the school so that you know what you are expecting if you end up there. However, I would say a tour won't help nor hurt your chances. I truly encourage you to come visit! Our medical campus is beautiful!