affirmative action thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Originally posted by Dr. Will
my interviewer gauranteed an acceptance if I did that thing with my lips

You know, I could make a joke with what you just wrote, but I can't ...must...keep...from...obscene....jokes..... :smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by Raptor
Who started this thread anyways and whatever happened to DW???????:confused:

DW married chopsuey, bought an SUV and plans on having 2.4 kids. He doesn't get to post much more because he joined the bowling league and often sits up late at night reading Deepak Chopra.

Well, what do you know? Good ol' DW...That explains it all and why am the the last to find this out.:rolleyes: :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Ernham
whymen1.jpg

Tired of getting owned yet, dilettante?

Tired? No. Amused? Yes. Why? B/c it's 9:00 on a Friday night and I'm about to go out and you're still gonna be stuck in your parent's basement getting your rocks off to AA debates on SDN. I find that very amusing indeed.

I guess what I'm trying to say (and 99% of SDNers) is: Get a life.

cheers!

Originally posted by Raptor
where do you all get those pics, they are funny as chips.
They were funnier when Tein posted them, like last year. Dude, update your pic portfolio!

Right on, because I am about to get laid.:laugh: :) goodnight

Originally posted by Explosivo
Tired? No. Amused? Yes. Why? B/c it's 9:00 on a Friday night and I'm about to go out and you're still gonna be stuck in your parent's basement getting your rocks off to AA debates on SDN. I find that very amusing indeed.
:laugh: that's funny

Oh. Don't worry, little mister insecurity. I won't be around much to own you simp-witted tools after monday.

Oh. Don't worry, little mister insecurity. I won't be around much to own you simp-witted tools after monday.

own? seems like all internet geeks write the same way

Do YOU feel insecure @ not having enough? Are you obsessed @ owning people & things? "possessive" disorder, perhaps? :p

Bump for the noobies. :D :D :D

Explosivo's Going to Med School Blow-Out Sale:

"Slightly used" hunter green cockring. Great for wowing adcom members at medical school interviews. Asking $300.

Intelligent carrier pigeon named Pedro. Carry messages to various adcoms across the country and demonstrate your creativity and ingenuity with this form of communication. Great for sending dirt on your fellow applicants . Asking $500.

Ethiopian typewriter. Types in dialect used by Addis Ababa sex workers in the 15th century. Great for typing up secondaries and demonstrate your cultural diversity to adcom members. Ancient papyrus is also available and will bestow added charm to your application. Asking $700.

My pigeon is much faster than Explosivo's and has been trained to **** on the heads of interviewees walking from their cars to the Admissions Office while delivering their epistles.

Nothing says not going to med school here like walking into your interview with pigeon sh1t on your head.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by jmwalker
My pigeon is much faster than Explosivo's and has been trained to **** on the heads of interviewees walking from their cars to the Admissions Office while delivering their epistles.

Nothing says not going to med school here like walking into your interview with pigeon sh1t on your head.
"Pigeon sh1t" was the title of my personal statement.

Originally posted by Moskeeto
"Pigeon sh1t" was the title of my personal statement.

new_monalisa.gif

Here is my newest dilemma :eek: :oops: :eek: :

So, I'm about to start school and be a real MSI but since changing cities, I don't have a flamingly, gay, male hair stylist to make me into the med student goddess that I am! How will I ever find a new one????

After spending a summer in Europe, my roots are showing (and lets face it, only the guys in my school will know I'm not a TRUE blonde), I have split ends, and I don't feel like the length of my hair allows the tresses to break at a professional level on my shoulders. I'm paralyzed with fear I will not have this problem solved in time for the White Coat ceremony, reatreat, the first day of class, and *GASP* my first gross anatomy lab. What will the corpse think???

Will this also hurt my chances trying to find older residents, fellows, and attendings willing to take on a young, impressionable, MS1 around and show them the ropes?? How will I ever meet and marry a doctor? The only real reason I am going to med school of course.... :oops: I mean, I wouldn't want them to be looking at my grown out roots while I am 'assisting' them and have them go limp! That is never good for the male ego of course. Should I bring last years admissions hunter green cock ring along just in case????

PLEASE HELP!!!

Good God 'Bass! How could you let things disintegrate to such a deplorable state? :eek:

I'm not going to give you any hair care tips, since apparently my repeated use of Pantene Pro-V puts me right up there with the bride of Satan. :p ;) However, I think you should ditch the hunter-green cockring. Once you go through the White Coat Ceremony, stick with physician white in respect of your new profession. :D

Speaking of, is it appropriate to wear f-me boots to a White Coat Ceremony? :confused:

Originally posted by seaworthc
After spending a summer in Europe, my roots are showing (and lets face it, only the guys in my school will know I'm not a TRUE blonde)

Aha! So the drapes do not match the carpeting! Charlatan! My carrier pigeon pedro is presently flying a message to the adcom at your school with this news and hopefully, your acceptance shall be rescinded immediately! Medicine has no place for frauds like you. :mad:

As for Woots:

Do not wear F-me boots as they are too formal for such a ceremony. Wear an F-me thong instead with a pair of beach flip-flops (hunter-green of course!). :cool:

Thought I'd bump our funniest thread from last year. If you guys can't match it, I'm sorry, but there's just no way we can let you in. :p

But start reading from the beginning--it's much funnier that way.

Ok, I read all 34 pages and I still don't know what color crayon I am allowed to use for my secondary to Harvard and while we are on the subject do you think the glitter, feathers and rhinestones I glued to my secondary were enough to get my application noticed?

Come on, I'm serious, I am really tripping about the crayon color, plllleaaaaasssseee someone help me.:D :D :D

Welcome back... Mr. AA thread. We...missed...you.

So where did the "Rallying my fellow ORMs" thread disappear to? Did a moderator vaporize it? I must have missed the fire.

I notice the URM thread is still present.

Could someone explain to me why the majority of pro athletes are black, yet no one ever claims discrimination based on color? Isn't this the same?

the best thread EVER!!!!

:smuggrin:

seaworthc said:
Here is my newest dilemma :eek: :oops: :eek: :

So, I'm about to start school and be a real MSI but since changing cities, I don't have a flamingly, gay, male hair stylist to make me into the med student goddess that I am! How will I ever find a new one????

After spending a summer in Europe, my roots are showing (and lets face it, only the guys in my school will know I'm not a TRUE blonde), I have split ends, and I don't feel like the length of my hair allows the tresses to break at a professional level on my shoulders. I'm paralyzed with fear I will not have this problem solved in time for the White Coat ceremony, reatreat, the first day of class, and *GASP* my first gross anatomy lab. What will the corpse think???

Will this also hurt my chances trying to find older residents, fellows, and attendings willing to take on a young, impressionable, MS1 around and show them the ropes?? How will I ever meet and marry a doctor? The only real reason I am going to med school of course.... :oops: I mean, I wouldn't want them to be looking at my grown out roots while I am 'assisting' them and have them go limp! That is never good for the male ego of course. Should I bring last years admissions hunter green cock ring along just in case????

PLEASE HELP!!!
So how did this work out for you? Did you find a flaming stylist??? My whitecoat ceremony is in 2 weeks and I don't know, should I go traditional or Brazilian? So many important questions...

I bow to the MS2 goddess. ;)

TexasRose said:
So how did this work out for you? Did you find a flaming stylist??? My whitecoat ceremony is in 2 weeks and I don't know, should I go traditional or Brazilian? So many important questions...

I bow to the MS2 goddess. ;)
Did I have any roots showing last night????

Did I get to scrub in with the PD of surgery all year???

Am I now in the chief of surgery's lab doing research????

hehehehe

it wasn't the hair, I just asked nicely. :)

hooray! it's back!!!

- AA is not fair.
- it stigmatizes URMs who are high achieving in their own right.
- we need it to correct society's faults
- its a necessary evil

So...is hunter green still the preferred color of cock rings by ADCOMS?

Cerbernator said:
So...is hunter green still the preferred color of cock rings by ADCOMS?

:thumbup: yes....very old school I might add..... :laugh:

::Seabass:: said:
Did I have any roots showing last night????

Did I get to scrub in with the PD of surgery all year???

Am I now in the chief of surgery's lab doing research????

hehehehe

it wasn't the hair, I just asked nicely. :)

A likely story.. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I resurrected this thread to ask a vitally important question. Would it be wrong to drive the interviewee I'm hosting to the OTHER medical school in town and drop her off there with directions to THEIR admissions office? I mean, if I don't like her, that is? Or can I only do that if she's committed some heinous crime, like taking me to a cheap restaurant or leaving water puddles on the bathroom floor?

EvoDevo said:
should I sticky this, folks?

i say no, evo, only because we have so much to think about right now with praying for interviews and acceptances. isn't there supposed to be more of a lull towards the end of the year (december, januaryish), maybe at that time?

your the boss, though! just my thoughts

calstudent said:
i say no, evo, only because we have so much to think about right now with praying for interviews and acceptances. isn't there supposed to be more of a lull towards the end of the year (december, januaryish), maybe at that time?

your the boss, though! just my thoughts
have you read the thread? ;)

evo..you are so the devilish one... :p

EvoDevo said:

You really want this thread to get going again, don't you Evo?

Well, after reading other people's posts, I've realized that I really don't have a chance of getting in with my 46 MCAT. Not when that is barely the average. I think that I'll withdrawl my application and hide for awhile. Thanks for the confidence builder. :scared: Hmmm...maybe I should go back to undergrad and just do everything over again. That will show the ADCOM's how truly dedicated I am to becoming a doctor. :D

Sticky this thread! It's great. I've been reading for the past 2 hours even though I'm supposed to be working. Damn SDN, it's too addicting. :laugh:

IndyZX said:
hooray! it's back!!!

- AA is not fair.
- it stigmatizes URMs who are high achieving in their own right.
- we need it to correct society's faults
- its a necessary evil

Coming from the Midwest, I don't feel that there are enough Jews in medicine...but I said this once before and everyone said that there are a lot of us medicine.

I am not sure, though.

Cat's Meow said:
Coming from the Midwest, I don't feel that there are enough Jews in medicine...but I said this once before and everyone said that there are a lot of us medicine.

I am not sure, though.

Wow, I would love to see Jews in medicine. It is sad that I don't have any Jewish friends.

I am of Indian (Hindu) origin btw

This is a thread full of sarcasm folks. Do NOT seriously discuss real AA topics in here.

:D

EvoDevo said:
should I sticky this, folks?

Evo, the thread you should sticky is the "Parents are Funny in this Process." That one is so hilarious.

Oh, and sticky the "Write your own rejection letter" thread while you're at it(I think that was the title).

Those were two very welcome laughs! :laugh: