anti competition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PinchandBurn

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know many like to complain about Hospitals and their admin.

You can now actually do something. IT takes about 1min to do.

IF hospitals are 'forcing' you or your docs to refer internally d/t metrics being used against you. Write it up.

If we all do this, we can actually make a change. Even if you are NOT in private practice, you may want to be one day. Also strengthen your leverage if you are employed.

Fill this out

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I know many like to complain about Hospitals and their admin.

You can now actually do something. IT takes about 1min to do.

IF hospitals are 'forcing' you or your docs to refer internally d/t metrics being used against you. Write it up.

If we all do this, we can actually make a change. Even if you are NOT in private practice, you may want to be one day. Also strengthen your leverage if you are employed.

Fill this out

Together, we can win this fight.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
These are examples they listed. Are they ready to be overwhelmed?

A hospital system buys other hospitals, outpatient facilities, or medical practices. It also alters its referral patterns to favor its practices over competing hospital systems.

A hospital prohibits an employee from working for another hospital or physician practice for a specific period of time or in a particular geographical area after employment ends.

Members don't see this ad :)
I put things like

Hospital X penalizes a PCP or physician from sending referrals outside their system. Physician and NON physician admin refer to this as "out migration". Physicians and other providers fear retribution.

Additionally, hospital systems have monopolized markets, thus causing a huge increase in healthcare costs.

there's likely more examples...we should overwhelm them. Then the DOJ will realize it's not just 1 hospital system. It's EVERY hospital system.

Talk is cheap. We can actually DO something about this.

Reactions: 2 users
Reactions: 1 user