Matrix - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
True, but also

I literally wrote a guide for wolfing and in it you can see I talk a lot about cooperating and helping team mates lol
I actually read this and I totally feel like you'd play this way as a wolf

Firstly, we don't know what moonster's WIM looked like. In the article you talked about asking partners if they are ok with being bussed beforehand, as well as picking fights with partners d1 to get eased into the game. It's quite possible moonster was more than willing to do so, as perhaps they didn't have as much time or energy to play this game and would prefer a strongly placed scum mate as their position was already volatile. Furthermore, we can probably guess they were the goon based on Zenge's information, making their bus-ability slightly greater.

Secondly, part of why I thought your response was honest was just that it was a bit of weird argument to make - "I wouldn't be so mean to my partner d1". But given the section about AtEing, I have no doubt you'd make such an argument as scum. And to actually address the argument itself, you as scum would have established this was going to happen well beforehand and gotten moonster's permission, so in no world would it be "mean", and I think you would know this.

Thirdly, something I picked up but haven't commented on yet was you mentioning several times that moon's treatment of you was specifically to frame you as partnered. I find this a weird angle to take as town, because no one had really called out that specific set of interactions as being pairing (except vaguely in passing when I mentioned that moon seemed to remember very specifically that you had unvoted them), and as a whole seems over-aware of how others may perceive you, despite the idea of moonster specifically playing just to pair you two together being a bit out there. It more-so seems like you as a wolf pre-emptively defusing an argument against you before it even happened, or, if it had been the intention that it come off that way to begin with, you trying to ensure a planned interaction y'all hatched didn't go unnoticed.

In any case, I would really like to be able to use my laptop rn bc I really wanna do a full deep dive of your posts & play this game

I might try and do it anyways even though I WILL suffer on this phone

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Day 5 Yeet Tally
marmot (1) - samac 11
PSV (1) - Clem 2

2/7
yeet close in ~26.5 hours

Firstly, we don't know what moonster's WIM looked like. In the article you talked about asking partners if they are ok with being bussed beforehand, as well as picking fights with partners d1 to get eased into the game. It's quite possible moonster was more than willing to do so, as perhaps they didn't have as much time or energy to play this game and would prefer a strongly placed scum mate as their position was already volatile. Furthermore, we can probably guess they were the goon based on Zenge's information, making their bus-ability slightly greater.

Secondly, part of why I thought your response was honest was just that it was a bit of weird argument to make - "I wouldn't be so mean to my partner d1". But given the section about AtEing, I have no doubt you'd make such an argument as scum. And to actually address the argument itself, you as scum would have established this was going to happen well beforehand and gotten moonster's permission, so in no world would it be "mean", and I think you would know this.

Thirdly, something I picked up but haven't commented on yet was you mentioning several times that moon's treatment of you was specifically to frame you as partnered. I find this a weird angle to take as town, because no one had really called out that specific set of interactions as being pairing (except vaguely in passing when I mentioned that moon seemed to remember very specifically that you had unvoted them), and as a whole seems over-aware of how others may perceive you, despite the idea of moonster specifically playing just to pair you two together being a bit out there. It more-so seems like you as a wolf pre-emptively defusing an argument against you before it even happened, or, if it had been the intention that it come off that way to begin with, you trying to ensure a planned interaction y'all hatched didn't go unnoticed.

In any case, I would really like to be able to use my laptop rn bc I really wanna do a full deep dive of your posts & play this game

Sad Family Time GIF by Lifetime

Members don't see this ad :)

I really hope my poe is right lol

So the first thing I notice about WildZoo is he likes interacting with town a lot, and so far in this iso he hasn't interacted with moon at all lol.

Omg I definitely thought this was a real response from moon
Thank you for doing this because I very likely would have missed it otherwise, and that would have been embarrassing lol
Day 1 Yeet Tally
Zenge (2) - Space 53, Shini 40
genny () -
Dubz () -
mkg (2) - Stagg 40, Achro 70
Shini (3) - genny 38, Zenge 95, mkg 33
Santy () -
Clem (1) - moon 56
Stagg (2) - Dubz 49, samac 104
Gikkle (1) - Clem 21
moon () -

11/15
Missing: Gikkle 46, mayo 3, PSV 17, Santy 112
yeet close in ~14 minutes
What if vote Stagg tho
Day 1 Yeet Tally
Zenge (2) - Space 53, Shini 40
genny () -
Dubz () -
mkg (3) - Stagg 43, Achro 73, samac 115
Shini (3) - genny 41, Zenge 95, mkg 38
Santy () -
Clem (1) - moon 56
Stagg (1) - Dubz 56
Gikkle (1) - Clem 21
moon () -
Achro (1) - PSV 21

12/15
Missing: Gikkle 48, mayo 3, Santy 116
yeet close in ~3 minutes

I guess for sport the question is does dubz have the trigger discipline to have a buddy dangle in danger for so long?

I do like psv this eod tbh.

anyway back to iso

? Why is that your response to this post
Because I can't really give any other response. Unfortunately when you are off the deep end like that logic and reason fall to the endless potential of catching the deep wolf.

So I just hope I have done a good job of POEing and it won't come to convincing someone I trust to not stab me.

My interactions with half the roster probably aren't great given my sporadic appearances. I'm not exactly known for not interacting with my packmates in meaningful ways so I'm not sure why Zenge and samac are giving that much weight.

And Zenge has had multiple times where he hedged on me and I was village. He'll find me eventually but it's not really fair to treat his hedging as if he's laid down the reading card. It's actually pretty damn annoying and lazy. Read me yourself.

Good look for PSV, Zoo doesn't interact with moon a lot and this feels as if he is defending from a town given the rest of his iso.

Sporty and I are living in almost entirely different universes based on our POEs so I'll be chewing on that

hmmm

Moon and Spinichi: moderate to severe evidence of partnership

Reading the latter bit of this first set of quotes I had a flashback to the original StardeWW when AM pointedly told me I knew better than to defend someone I hadn't given a solid reason to village read. Twas while I was trying to prevent a packmate's yeet. This feels very similar.

^Quoted for completeness but this interaction could go either way

^this post feels important. I would be shook if there's not a packmate in here.

Noting these tallies

Shinichi then notices moon (this is where I wish conversation threads were a bit easier to follow here so I wouldn't have to reorganize things myself lol). There's nothing here to indicate that Shinichi was overtly bothered by moon defending him against a single vote for no reason - maybe a playstyle difference, but it would have raised my hackles. He questions it as kind of an aside but moon doesn't answer and he doesn't follow up.

~~~

~~~

~~~

~~~

~~~

Following these, Shinichi votes Zenge (I did not find a response from moon to the last question).

Actually open this one, it feels important:

I think it's interesting to note where the tally was at in the middle of this conversation

Because now suddenly moon's opinion of Shinichi has shifted from defense without reason to suspicion without reason. I think this is a distancing attempt as she's getting into hot water. Perhaps before the decision was made to fake claim doctor.

Doctor claim comes about 20 minutes later, moon then tags everyone a few minutes after that and Shinichi is quick to respond

My gut is just...unimpressed by this response

Shinichi disappears after that

Now...this does make me think maybe I'm wrong about Gikkle (or maybe Achro??). Or perhaps Shinichi was lurking to see if he would need to self prez. I am not surprised by moon not moving to save him if they're partnered because she wouldn't have known how long she had left before she'd be outted, and that would look very bad for Shin.

WIFOM about whether Gikkle as wolf in this scenario would point out this exact weirdness yesterday. I wasn't planning to spend time on worldbuilding in a moon/Gikkle scenario today but now I feel like I should...

If anyone has a reason off the top of their head why moon/Shinichi/Gikkle would be a terrible horrible pack to consider and wants to save me some time, pls do.

the timing of this was hilarious tbh

Marmot looking cooked atm

Members don't see this ad :)
Good look for PSV, Zoo doesn't interact with moon a lot and this feels as if he is defending from a town given the rest of his iso.

hmmm

the timing of this was hilarious tbh

Marmot looking cooked atm
The timing of the dubz wall does not convince me alone tbh
Dunz and sporty will both do wolf theater with the best of them. But I need to look at some old dubz things and likelihood of leaving a partner dangling

Unfortunately it being demoralizing would be true regardless of your affiliation. I get that sucks. But there aren't pure interactions to look at for you/moon at all. Kinda gotta work with what we have here.

I would be kind of impressed if Zoo managed to go from his nothingburger interactions with moon to these complex ones with sport tbh.

I also just don't think Dubz has the trigger discipline to stare at his buddy shinichi day 1 eod being tied and frolicking in the field.

The timing of the dubz wall does not convince me alone tbh
Dunz and sporty will both do wolf theater with the best of them. But I need to look at some old dubz things and likelihood of leaving a partner dangling

Perhaps, I don't know dubz but his interactions both ways with Moon were tepid. So I could be underestimating them.

I finally read SportPonies' iso after 40 years, reads fine.

current preferred yeet: Marmot >>>>>>>> re-eval if wrong

I am sure this isn't what Marmot wants to hear but yeah that's where I am at rn

Perhaps, I don't know dubz but his interactions both ways with Moon were tepid. So I could be underestimating them.
She can be pretty good at interacting with her wolf partner, but her wolf partner has to want it.
I remembered a time she was off wagon d1 when her wolf partner went down so I went back to look.
The counter wagon was another wolf so it wasn’t as helpful as I wanted.

But anyway yeah for this game she didn't really have any good interactions with moon, and it would be very good patience to let their partner dangle eod1 when moon was also on a ticking clock.

just doesnt feel likely.

Reactions: 1 users
I will let Marmot solve and try to dissuade me, fair is fair, I just don't see anything that justifies not solving their slot today atm.

But anyway yeah for this game she didn't really have any good interactions with moon, and it would be very good patience to let their partner dangle eod1 when moon was also on a ticking clock.

just doesnt feel likely.
I think that’s fair.

I will let Marmot solve and try to dissuade me, fair is fair, I just don't see anything that justifies not solving their slot today atm.
Archo I swear to god if you’re the last wolf I will make sacrifices to the god to make sure chocolate tastes bad to you for the rest of time

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I’m extra stuck and wheel spinning because the 3 people I want to know how things are evolving for them and understand their progression through the game have said very few words or none at all.
Wheeeeee.

I can do some of my best reading with real time interaction which is how I came around on Hillel
But I feel like that’s what im missing here. I haven’t had much game focused real time interaction with those 3.

Most Village
Clem- Dubz got tracked visiting him and there's no reason to do that to a packmate in a setup like this. Clem village
samac- has been firmly working to solve and is initiating conversation and such. Wavered on the Dubz village idea prior to Dubz being outted.
Gikkle- I really liked the post he just made evaluating Achro's claim. His first couple days weren't great but I think he's been very towny with investigating for himself rather than accepting thread consensus.
¿Achro? I am so confused on this slot. I felt weird about his interactions with Santy and some of his pushes D1 plus how rapidly he backed off moon. Then I was swayed because he doesn't seem paired with Dubz. So I'm hmmm here. I thought gikkle made good points and tbh there's concern for JJJ type stuff in StardeWW 2 but. He's roughly interchangeable with sporty because mentally I keep switching their placement
¿Sporty? I don't find shinichis interactions with moon unpairing, though somewhat of a jerk move if moon weren't in on it. Sporty's catch-up feels like she's genuinely trying to solve but also... Not? There's a distance/detachedness. Maybe it's because she hasn't been around much for live interactions.
Marmot: there just... Isn't much here. They don't seem highly motivated to solve and their responses to pressure have been wolfy as heck
Least Village

• Hmm
Archo I swear to god if you’re the last wolf I will make sacrifices to the god to make sure chocolate tastes bad to you for the rest of time

I get these comments as both alignments, it's less fun as town I have to say.

• Care
Most Village
Clem- Dubz got tracked visiting him and there's no reason to do that to a packmate in a setup like this. Clem village
samac- has been firmly working to solve and is initiating conversation and such. Wavered on the Dubz village idea prior to Dubz being outted.
Gikkle- I really liked the post he just made evaluating Achro's claim. His first couple days weren't great but I think he's been very towny with investigating for himself rather than accepting thread consensus.
¿Achro? I am so confused on this slot. I felt weird about his interactions with Santy and some of his pushes D1 plus how rapidly he backed off moon. Then I was swayed because he doesn't seem paired with Dubz. So I'm hmmm here. I thought gikkle made good points and tbh there's concern for JJJ type stuff in StardeWW 2 but. He's roughly interchangeable with sporty because mentally I keep switching their placement
¿Sporty? I don't find shinichis interactions with moon unpairing, though somewhat of a jerk move if moon weren't in on it. Sporty's catch-up feels like she's genuinely trying to solve but also... Not? There's a distance/detachedness. Maybe it's because she hasn't been around much for live interactions.
Marmot: there just... Isn't much here. They don't seem highly motivated to solve and their responses to pressure have been wolfy as heck
Least Village
Can you clarify on Acho’s dubz unpairing?
And i feel similarly about marmot, but zenge liked their vibe. Did you find anything about marmot you liked?

Can you clarify on Acho’s dubz unpairing?
And i feel similarly about marmot, but zenge liked their vibe. Did you find anything about marmot you liked?
I feel like I remember Achro making a post trying to pair Dubz/moon. Did that not happen?
Actually, yeah. I liked marmot's vibe when they entered the thread (I believe)? Right after they subbed in there was a burst of catchup that I just... Felt was villagey. Not exactly the content but the gist. Kinda like with Clem, I guess? It's hard to describe. Sadly I think the zest has been lost and when I weigh that against the likelihood of marmot being the last wolf...

Essentially yeah lol, I don't really have the time/energy to try and townclear you and I have enough space that I can afford to just dump you into the poe

I feel pretty good about reading you when I have time to, I just...don't want to lol

Well, we agree on the POE before me so unless I have erred this is fine.

Vote Sporty

Gonna start with this for now based on WIM reasons. I don't think they've posted yet today?

Sporty just angeried one of my posts and I have no idea what was upsetting about it

I just wanted to talk to her for a few minutes!

Me: does nothing visibly useful d1
Zenge/samac/Sporty: "This is village Dubz"

Noted to try less when I'm wolfing :laugh:

I'm at PSV, mayormot, Spinichi but it feels kind of gross? Idk. I'm not in the right headspace for panicking about my other greens yet.

Do you think mayo puts in less effort when wolfing?

Imagine w!PSV choosing to fite with Sporty over me :laugh:

Unless...🐺🎭:eek:

Sporty and I are living in almost entirely different universes based on our POEs so I'll be chewing on that

Unsure how to feel about being called 'easy'

Top o' me head without going through moon interactions and vote progressions myself yet:

Spinichi
PSV
mayormot
Clem
Achro
Gikkle
Zenge
samac

Moon and Spinichi: moderate to severe evidence of partnership

Reading the latter bit of this first set of quotes I had a flashback to the original StardeWW when AM pointedly told me I knew better than to defend someone I hadn't given a solid reason to village read. Twas while I was trying to prevent a packmate's yeet. This feels very similar.

^Quoted for completeness but this interaction could go either way

^this post feels important. I would be shook if there's not a packmate in here.

Noting these tallies

Shinichi then notices moon (this is where I wish conversation threads were a bit easier to follow here so I wouldn't have to reorganize things myself lol). There's nothing here to indicate that Shinichi was overtly bothered by moon defending him against a single vote for no reason - maybe a playstyle difference, but it would have raised my hackles. He questions it as kind of an aside but moon doesn't answer and he doesn't follow up.

~~~

~~~

~~~

~~~

~~~

Following these, Shinichi votes Zenge (I did not find a response from moon to the last question).

Actually open this one, it feels important:

I think it's interesting to note where the tally was at in the middle of this conversation

Because now suddenly moon's opinion of Shinichi has shifted from defense without reason to suspicion without reason. I think this is a distancing attempt as she's getting into hot water. Perhaps before the decision was made to fake claim doctor.

Doctor claim comes about 20 minutes later, moon then tags everyone a few minutes after that and Shinichi is quick to respond

My gut is just...unimpressed by this response

Shinichi disappears after that

Now...this does make me think maybe I'm wrong about Gikkle (or maybe Achro??). Or perhaps Shinichi was lurking to see if he would need to self prez. I am not surprised by moon not moving to save him if they're partnered because she wouldn't have known how long she had left before she'd be outted, and that would look very bad for Shin.

WIFOM about whether Gikkle as wolf in this scenario would point out this exact weirdness yesterday. I wasn't planning to spend time on worldbuilding in a moon/Gikkle scenario today but now I feel like I should...

If anyone has a reason off the top of their head why moon/Shinichi/Gikkle would be a terrible horrible pack to consider and wants to save me some time, pls do.

I searched back through dubz' ISO for mentions of and interactions with Sporty, and this is what I found. Most of it is either nothingburgers, or listing Sporty in the bottom of her POE.

The one exception is this massive wallcase at the end that dubz dropped pairing Spory w/ Gikkle. Some observations on this:

1) Moon had just died, and it's probably a difficult endgame for the final two wolves if they immediately hardbus each other directly after losing a teammate. I would be more inclined to believe them to focus on other POE candidates. Mildly townie look.
2) Sporty was starting to take a little heat from the rest of the thread. Dubz had done very little to this point to talk about Sporty, so making a case to bury Sporty out of the blue like this, it almost seems like dubz felt the need to get some credit if Sporty went over. Wolfy look here.
3) The follow up response below: Dubz based a lot of her case (and reasoning for not being able to engage with Sporty about it) on Shinichi. I think this is slightly townie in that I would expect a wolf looking to engage in some theater would take that opportunity to interact, not back away from it.

I will, it's just that...I mean I am not good at reading you lol I am sometimes decent at figuring out interactions with wolves. But I will read/assess your posts too.

Of those observations, number 2 is the one I think most likely to be correct

Could I get that ranked reads list please?
Marmot Tier

samac - v townie, v well done pushing thread in all the right ways of a village leader. Has been wrong on reads, but the progressions themselves look good, so it doesn't really matter.

Otter Tier

Clem - Very good mech suggestions and handlings. When he chimes in otherwise, it does look like he's doing though because he notices things he wants to mention, and not just because he feels the need to post.

Pika Tier

Achro - His (wolf) reads have been pretty accurate thus far. It seems unlikely he'd want to kill his teammates and win the game solo, and while it was really only mech that killed them, he was pushing them before each of those mech outings. Don't get me wrong, I think he's capable, I just don't think it was at all necessary given the way the other two wolves were playing. He has said things that seem anti-town at times, but the larger body of work is probably town. For example, I could tell his late Day 4 play, while it felt like he was mindlessly shoving players into a POE without much current research/explanation, it looked like it was from the POV of a townie he was excited about mech-catching the second wolf amd ready to steamroll through the rest of them. His energy has shifted today to instead what appears to be a more methodical approach, which again, I think this overall trend is hard to replicate as a wolf imo.

Beaver Tier

Gikkle - Gikkle is the last of my strong townreads. I think his energy Day 3 was indicative of a townie player. Replicable as a wolf sure, but his body of work has gotten better and more pro-town as the game has gone on, which I usually think of as rand!v. I would reconsider this slot if sporty flips v however. The dubz case on Sporty/Gikkle is obviously incorrect mathematically, but it's not farfetched to think that she would've cased these two as a team if one of them was her partner, as a way to take a townie down with the other. But I do think Sporty is much more likely to be a wolf here.

Pine Marten Tier

PotentialShelterVet - I don't have much to say about her, except that she just seems way less townie then the above 4 lol.

Quokka Tier

Sporty - Sporty has had good moments, but I think that the momentum of this slot is not a good look overall, mainly based on the downward trend in activity and content as the game has gone on. The pairings with dubz are quite compatible. Same with Moon.

Marmot Tier

samac - v townie, v well done pushing thread in all the right ways of a village leader. Has been wrong on reads, but the progressions themselves look good, so it doesn't really matter.

Otter Tier

Clem - Very good mech suggestions and handlings. When he chimes in otherwise, it does look like he's doing though because he notices things he wants to mention, and not just because he feels the need to post.

Pika Tier

Achro - His (wolf) reads have been pretty accurate thus far. It seems unlikely he'd want to kill his teammates and win the game solo, and while it was really only mech that killed them, he was pushing them before each of those mech outings. Don't get me wrong, I think he's capable, I just don't think it was at all necessary given the way the other two wolves were playing. He has said things that seem anti-town at times, but the larger body of work is probably town. For example, I could tell his late Day 4 play, while it felt like he was mindlessly shoving players into a POE without much current research/explanation, it looked like it was from the POV of a townie he was excited about mech-catching the second wolf amd ready to steamroll through the rest of them. His energy has shifted today to instead what appears to be a more methodical approach, which again, I think this overall trend is hard to replicate as a wolf imo.

Beaver Tier

Gikkle - Gikkle is the last of my strong townreads. I think his energy Day 3 was indicative of a townie player. Replicable as a wolf sure, but his body of work has gotten better and more pro-town as the game has gone on, which I usually think of as rand!v. I would reconsider this slot if sporty flips v however. The dubz case on Sporty/Gikkle is obviously incorrect mathematically, but it's not farfetched to think that she would've cased these two as a team if one of them was her partner, as a way to take a townie down with the other. But I do think Sporty is much more likely to be a wolf here.

Pine Marten Tier

PotentialShelterVet - I don't have much to say about her, except that she just seems way less townie then the above 4 lol.

Quokka Tier

Sporty - Sporty has had good moments, but I think that the momentum of this slot is not a good look overall, mainly based on the downward trend in activity and content as the game has gone on. The pairings with dubz are quite compatible. Same with Moon.
Can you look at PSV a little more and let me know if there’s anything you see there?
Tbh she’s kind of a blind spot for me

Can you look at PSV a little more and let me know if there’s anything you see there?
Tbh she’s kind of a blind spot for me
Doing that right now, by way of dubz spew.

Why is she a blind spot for you right now?

actually, I was gonna ignore this but I want to out it before Dubz makes her case.

PSV.
Also, this Sport post came after dubz made her case for a Sporty/Gikkle team.

I don't really understand what case Sporty is waiting on here, but I don't have too much trouble seeing this as a tmi, where dubz told Sporty in wolfchat she was going to case sporty, dubz posted the case, and sporty posted this, not realizing dubz had already posted it.

It could mean something else, but idk what.