*~*~*~* Official TMDSAS Questions Thread 2023-2024 *~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Up to you to interpret the questions and decide what to write, you’ll get it
I am not asking anyone to tell me what to write, I am just trying to understand the difference. Is the question about strengthening the application literally about how I write a stronger app vs the things I have done this year? That is all I want to know.

Members don't see this ad.

I am not asking anyone to tell me what to write, I am just trying to understand the difference. Is the question about strengthening the application literally about how I write a stronger app vs the things I have done this year? That is all I want to know.
An example would be to say you realized you needed more clinical experiences in the first question, then in the second question discuss them and what you gained.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello! For coursework that is planned, am I supposed to put that coursework into the "terms attended" part of the application or am I just suppose to have my planned enrollment instead? Also, do I put yes for the last time taking it as well as the grade as "Not yet reported" ? Please help! Thanks

Hello! For coursework that is planned, am I supposed to put that coursework into the "terms attended" part of the application or am I just suppose to have my planned enrollment instead? Also, do I put yes for the last time taking it as well as the grade as "Not yet reported" ? Please help! Thanks
You can put the next semester of planned courses if you want to. list them in Fall 2024 term. It’s not required.
What IS required is waiting until you know your final spring 2024 grades, to enter manually into your TMDSAS app.

Reactions: 1 user
My school's spring grades were due last week, but one of my professors still hasn't given me the pfficial grade... I know what grade I will get, though I would like to submit tomorrow because everything else is ready.. is it okay to just put my expected grade?

My school's spring grades were due last week, but one of my professors still hasn't given me the pfficial grade... I know what grade I will get, though I would like to submit tomorrow because everything else is ready.. is it okay to just put my expected grade?
Wait a few days to get the official grade (you don't need the official transcript, just the grade that you can see on your college's grade portal)

This will make everything smoother, believe me!
If you submit with any spring 2024 grades missing, TMDSAS will message you to fill that in, and you will be further down the line for verification.
If you thought you were going to get an A and you got a B, that would be an error you need to correct, leading to more delays.

For fastest processing, wait until you have everything!

Last edited:
Wait a few days to get the official grade (you don't need the official transcript, just the grade that you can see on your college's grade portal)

This will make everything smoother, believe me!
If you submit with any spring 2024 grades missing, TMDSAS will message you to fill that in, and you will be further down the line for verification.
If you thought you were going to get an A and you got a B, that would be an error you need to correct, leading to more delays.

For fastest processing, wait until you have everything!
Hi wysdoc!

To build off your last comment, I am trying to submit my application early, but will not have retaken my MCAT till June 1st. Should I wait until I have my scores to submit my primary application or go ahead and submit it and then just release my scores (I have an old 495 MCAT) on the day I get my new score? Let me know your thoughts please!

Hi wysdoc!

To build off your last comment, I am trying to submit my application early, but will not have retaken my MCAT till June 1st. Should I wait until I have my scores to submit my primary application or go ahead and submit it and then just release my scores (I have an old 495 MCAT) on the day I get my new score? Let me know your thoughts please!
Are you ready, with revised essays, to submit your new application?
If not, I suggest these steps:
1. After you finish the MCAT on June 1, log in to the MCAT portal and give permission to release your scores to TMDSAS. This is a needed step. You can do this after your test date and before the scores are released.
2. Get your new app ready to submit, adding new courses you took since last time, adding new activities or hours, and revising your essays.Try to submit it in early June.
3. By the time your app has made its way through verification by TMDSAS, both of your MCAT scores should be on it and will go out to your schools when TMDSAS transmits your app.

Are you ready, with revised essays, to submit your new application?
If not, I suggest these steps:
1. After you finish the MCAT on June 1, log in to the MCAT portal and give permission to release your scores to TMDSAS. This is a needed step. You can do this after your test date and before the scores are released.
2. Get your new app ready to submit, adding new courses you took since last time, adding new activities or hours, and revising your essays.Try to submit it in early June.
3. By the time your app has made its way through verification by TMDSAS, both of your MCAT scores should be on it and will go out to your schools when TMDSAS transmits your app.
Sorry for any confusion, this is my first cycle! (Not sure if I'm in the wrong thread or if there is a new one) I did not apply with my old MCAT! I assume most of the steps still apply though?

Sorry for any confusion, this is my first cycle! (Not sure if I'm in the wrong thread or if there is a new one) I did not apply with my old MCAT! I assume most of the steps still apply though?
Yes, the suggestions still apply. I somehow thought you were a reapplicant.
If you want your new MCAT score to be there when schools first see your application this is the way to do it

Yes, the suggestions still apply. I somehow thought you were a reapplicant.
If you want your new MCAT score to be there when schools first see your application this is the way to do it
Sounds good! Is there any benefit to submitting earlier than June or should I just submit after I take my MCAT and release my scores for the best processing? Thank you!

Do I enter the same school as one or two entries? Context:

Degree obtained 2014
A couple more undergraduate courses taken a few years later

If I did not enter it as two separate entries and I should have, what can I expect to happen, and is there anything I can do about it?

Thanks.