2023-2024 Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I don't believe so, but I think they are both required to complete your application. I've done and sent both but still haven't received a secondary.
Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Do they send secondaries in waves usually? Anyone else not receive an MD secondary?

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So if I was verified at the end of June, and I didn't receive a secondary in their first batch, does that mean I'm screened out?

Does anyone know if completing the CASPER + DUET is required to receive a secondary? I've completed CASPER, but not DUET, since the other schools I applied to did not need it.
No, I received a secondary (OOS) and haven't done either yet

Last edited:
What is "In which of these areas do you see the most opportunity for personal growth and why?" asking? Does it ask which area I have the most room for improvement and growth or which area a person in general can have the most personal growth?

What is "In which of these areas do you see the most opportunity for personal growth and why?" asking? Does it ask which area I have the most room for improvement and growth or which area a person in general can have the most personal growth?
I definitely went about it by talking about which areas I could see the most growth in myself.

Last edited:
OOS secondary received:

1. The pillars of our curriculum are Leadership, Curiosity, and Commitment. Tell us about how you have embodied one or more of these attributes in your path to medicine thus far. In which of these areas do you see the most opportunity for personal growth and why? Limit this response to 500 words.

2. Please describe how your background and/or your unique lived experiences contribute to our culture of inclusive excellence. Limit the response to 300 words.

3. (If reapplicant) Please explain how you and your application has changed since your previous submission. Limit this response to 1500 Characters.

4. Branches:
a) Please tell us why you are interested in being a part of the 4-year CUSOM at CSU (Fort Collins Branch campus)? With the background that FCB’s smaller class sizes and unique structure lead to a highly interactive curriculum, please tell us how this campus matches your learning style and personal philosophy. Limit your statement to 1500 characters, including spaces (approximately 300 words).

b) Describe your personal and professional goals in becoming a rural physician. In particular, describe your interest and ability to spend your clinical year in a rural community. You may also include how past experiences living and/or working in a rural area and your ties to or interest in rural Colorado communities aligns with your goals. Limit your statement to 1500 characters, including spaces (approximately 300 words).

c) Anschutz Medical Campus

5) If interested in the aerospace program: Describe your career path up to this point and how that has led to your interest in human spaceflight. What is your motivation for seeking a dual degree in Aerospace Engineering and how does this fit into your vision for your career.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm OOS but I have strong family ties in Denver-- is there even a fluid way to incorporate this into my secondaries or should I just not bother?

Are y'all approaching #2 (Please describe how your background and/or your unique lived experiences contribute to our culture of inclusive excellence) as a diversity essay, a service essay, or a mixture? I'm thinking it's supposed to be both but want to see if anyone interprets it as *just* one.

(OOS secondary rcvd today but not sure if that's because I think my CASPER scores also released today or if it's a coincidence)

Last edited:
My app now says "ready, and under review" !

Reactions: 1 users
Is anyone still missing their secondary? I have not received it yet.

OOS secondary received:

1. The pillars of our curriculum are Leadership, Curiosity, and Commitment. Tell us about how you have embodied one or more of these attributes in your path to medicine thus far. In which of these areas do you see the most opportunity for personal growth and why? Limit this response to 500 words.

2. Please describe how your background and/or your unique lived experiences contribute to our culture of inclusive excellence. Limit the response to 300 words.

3. (If reapplicant) Please explain how you and your application has changed since your previous submission. Limit this response to 1500 Characters.

4. Branches:
a) Please tell us why you are interested in being a part of the 4-year CUSOM at CSU (Fort Collins Branch campus)? With the background that FCB’s smaller class sizes and unique structure lead to a highly interactive curriculum, please tell us how this campus matches your learning style and personal philosophy. Limit your statement to 1500 characters, including spaces (approximately 300 words).

b) Describe your personal and professional goals in becoming a rural physician. In particular, describe your interest and ability to spend your clinical year in a rural community. You may also include how past experiences living and/or working in a rural area and your ties to or interest in rural Colorado communities aligns with your goals. Limit your statement to 1500 characters, including spaces (approximately 300 words).

c) Anschutz Medical Campus

5) If interested in the aerospace program: Describe your career path up to this point and how that has led to your interest in human spaceflight. What is your motivation for seeking a dual degree in Aerospace Engineering and how does this fit into your vision for your career.
Don't know if im overthinking but how do you guys interpret which 'areas do you see the most opportunity for personal growth?'
I thought it could either be like: what is a weakness (so u see an opportunity for growth) or which pillar do you embody and has led you to the most personal growth (so you see an opportunity for growth)

Don't know if im overthinking but how do you guys interpret which 'areas do you see the most opportunity for personal growth?'
I thought it could either be like: what is a weakness (so u see an opportunity for growth) or which pillar do you embody and has led you to the most personal growth (so you see an opportunity for growth)
First one. You talk first about the pillar you have demonstrated strongly, then about one you see opportunity to improve

Does anyone have info on the different campuses (esp Co Springs) that we can also apply to? Or where I can get a bit more detail on how they are for rotations than just on their website?

When does Colorado typically stop sending out secondaries? I still have not recieved one

Reactions: 3 users
These are the two questions that pop up if you indicate an interest in the Colorado Spring Branch:

1. Please submit a short statement regarding your interest in the Colorado Springs Branch. You may address characteristics of the Branch that would be a fit for your strengths, experiences, and/or career plans. You may also note your ties to or interest in Colorado Springs or other similar communities. Limit the essay to 1500 characters, including spaces (approximately 300 words).

2. In the Colorado Springs Branch LIC, students work in multiple health systems across Southern Colorado (e.g. Colorado Springs, Cañon City, Pueblo) to understand the interface between academic and community medicine and participate in a curriculum focused on how physician leadership in quality improvement and community engagement can impact health equity. Please describe how participation in the Colorado Springs Branch LIC would advance your career goals, and how your life experiences have led you to an interest in our program. You may also note any ties to Colorado Springs or the Southern Colorado community, if applicable. Please limit your statement to 300 words.

Is it just me or do these questions ask for exactly the same thing? How are you guys approaching this?

Hey everyone - rising MS2 checking in here. Happy to answer any questions about the school (less experienced with the branches) and parts of the application process that I can address.

Hey everyone - rising MS2 checking in here. Happy to answer any questions about the school (less experienced with the branches) and parts of the application process that I can address.
Hi, there! would I be able to PM?