2023-2024 Iowa (Carver)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Have any acceptances been handed out today?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if you can receive additional merit scholarships on top of the Dean's scholarship? Their wording said "This does not preclude you from receiving additional financial aid if you should qualify." However, is there a realistic shot of receiving two awards from the same school?

I'm obviously very grateful for what I've received; however, this school does remain exceptionally pricey as an OOS student.

Last edited:
Dean's scholarship today! Does anyone know if you can receive additional merit scholarships on top of the Dean's scholarship? Their wording said "This does not preclude you from receiving additional financial aid if you should qualify." However, is there a realistic shot of receiving two awards from the same school?

I'm obviously very grateful for what I've received; however, this school does remain exceptionally pricey as an OOS student.
It's pretty much the exact same amount as their in-state tuition rate. I wonder if we ended up going there, and were able to change our residency to Iowa if it would essentially become a full tuition scholarship?

It's pretty much the exact same amount as their in-state tuition rate. I wonder if we ended up going there, and were able to change our residency to Iowa if it would essentially become a full tuition scholarship?
They don’t allow, unless you take a LOA per MSAR. Iirc, they mention they try to give scholarships and aid to offset OOS costs to make it closer to IS costs.

giphy.gif

• Hmm
  • Care
Reactions: 13 users
anyone just feeling like puking all day every tuesday?

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
anyone knows if I interviewed end of September and have not heard a decision, did they go past me and I won’t hear until January for sure, or is there a chance they go back to review? Every Tuesday hoping I get in here 😂

Reactions: 1 users
anyone knows if I interviewed end of September and have not heard a decision, did they go past me and I won’t hear until January for sure, or is there a chance they go back to review? Every Tuesday hoping I get in here 😂
I was told 6-8 weeks around week of Sept 25. That window has just opened.

They also mentioned you could wait up until March... 6-8 is just a general timeline that most applicants hear back...

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Oh ok thank you because mine was 9/22 but I don’t remember hearing a timeline
np. I was just told post-interview very briefly "You'll hear back from us in 6-8 weeks time". I have seen a few people receive notice earlier than that, but as a disclaimer they say they don't review in order of interview time so that 6-8 weeks doesn't mean a whole lot.

• Love
They say 6-8 weeks but there has been people hearing within 2 weeks too so its all a tossup. Could always be waiting till the final pool too.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Thank you all for the information, this is very helpful at least the 6-8 weeks timeline they said gives me some hope to expect before Jan or March ultimately :)

Sure wish they'd give September interviewees some love

• Care
IS A yesterday afternoon. Interviewed 10/23. Reapplicant.

Some info for those waiting: they don't review in perfect chronological order, and more than half the class gets in via the "Final Pool" in March as well as thru the waiting list.

Good luck everyone!!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Will they be sending out more IIs or are they close to being done? Kind of worried since I submitted in July...

Anyone know if the A comes via email or phone call? Trying to figure out if I should have my ringer on just in case lol

Will this also be for people that interviewed in October?
Past years' threads say emails instead of calls. It's been true this year so far regardless of interview date. Just keep refreshing that email :lol:

IS A!!!! LM 69 ORM. Got an email around 2:20 pm. Interviewed 9/15.

Reactions: 9 users
Anyone interviewed on 10/6 heard back yet?
I interviewed on 10/4 and nothing yet -- I vaguely remember them saying that it's approximately 6-8 weeks until we hear back

IS A earlier today, ORM LM 68 Reapplicant. :)

Reactions: 5 users
OOS A earlier today, reapplicant :)

Reactions: 2 users
IS A this afternoon!!! Received at 2:30pm. Reapplicant, interviewed mid-October.

Reactions: 3 users
ADCOM is probably out next week. I wonder if they'll release As twice in one week 😱

IS A yesterday at 2:20!!! 69 LM, interviewed 9/22!

Not sure if they're releasing decisions today, but I'll say it anyway- TUESDAY HYPE LESSGO

• Love