2023-2024 Meharry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Would yall mind just being more clear because all this subliminal stuff is making the situation more stressful

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
i mean i believe @PrettyMDD - we be DM'ing and she seems pretty helpful and honest.
i'm not saying she isn't LOL. but Ms. Dixon reached out to the student committee today with a new round of interviews. so to relieve you all's worries, I am letting you guys know that it is a fact that we are still moving forward not taking a break for a few weeks. i am saying whoever (from Meharry) told @PrettyMDD told her incorrectly.

II today, forgot I applied here tbh lol. Will be turning down the opportunity, hopefully it goes to one of ya'll!

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II today, forgot I applied here tbh lol. Will be turning down the opportunity, hopefully it goes to one of ya'll!
did you ever get any under review email? honestly so frustrated with the school i’ve been under review for four months… just any sort of actual update would be appreciated

did you ever get any under review email? honestly so frustrated with the school i’ve been under review for four months… just any sort of actual update would be appreciated
No I never got an under review email, I just checked and I submitted by secondary the beginning of September, but didn't receive any updates after that.

i'm not saying she isn't LOL. but Ms. Dixon reached out to the student committee today with a new round of interviews. so to relieve you all's worries, I am letting you guys know that it is a fact that we are still moving forward not taking a break for a few weeks. i am saying whoever (from Meharry) told @PrettyMDD told her incorrectly.
How many more rounds ya got? Is this the last one?

this definitely isn't the last one. we'll be going through April at least!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
is it normal to be under review for four months?… feels a little crazy
absolutely. my process was so long. its literally only Ms. Dixon handling every part of admissions and onboarding for the new class each cycle, from my understanding. so I would highly suggest reaching out to her. if there is an update she will provide it within the realms of her leniency.

Members don't see this ad :)
wait by email? what did it say?

yes by e-mail around 1.5 hours ago; the only thing of note was:

“Due to the highly competitive nature of admissions in the School of Medicine and the limited number of positions available in the first-year class, the Admissions Committee has recommended that you be placed on the Admit Hold list for the time being. This means that the Admissions Committee voted to admit you in the class but there are no seats available at this time.

If a seat becomes available for the entering class, you will be officially notified by the Office of Admissions and Recruitment no later than June.

If you are not notified and are still interested in the application process at Meharry, then it will be necessary for you to reapply for admission in a future entering class.”

“Due to the highly competitive nature of admissions in the School of Medicine and the limited number of positions available in the first-year class, the Admissions Committee has recommended that you be placed on the Admit Hold list for the time being. This means that the Admissions Committee voted to admit you in the class but there are no seats available at this time.

If a seat becomes available for the entering class, you will be officially notified by the Office of Admissions and Recruitment no later than June.

If you are not notified and are still interested in the application process at Meharry, then it will be necessary for you to reapply for admission in a future entering class.”
I heard they have a great deal of waitlist movement. You're still in the game!

Reactions: 3 users

“Due to the highly competitive nature of admissions in the School of Medicine and the limited number of positions available in the first-year class, the Admissions Committee has recommended that you be placed on the Admit Hold list for the time being. This means that the Admissions Committee voted to admit you to the class but there are no seats available at this time.

Honestly, this is good news! Even if you're not accepted this cycle, you will be accepted next application cycle, if you reapply.

Is there still chance of getting II or is it too late?

where does it state that?

Think they’re just saying the only reason they wouldn’t be accepted is because of lack of seats but if they apply early next cycle it would be an easy acceptance long as there are seats

Think they’re just saying the only reason they wouldn’t be accepted is because of lack of seats but if they apply early next cycle it would be an easy acceptance long as there are seats

i was done in early august so that’s pretty early tbh

I finished my supplemental back in October and haven't heard back yet, Is it too late to hear for a II?

For those who haven't heard anything, did you include Meharry in your FAFSA?

anyone from the 3/9 interview group hear anything yet ??

yeah i was put on admit hold around a week ago on Thursday
ahh, this is such a rough process, sending good vibes your way. i did my last interview last week so thought i'd hear soon, just sitting and waiting rip

ahh, this is such a rough process, sending good vibes your way. i did my last interview last week so thought i'd hear soon, just sitting and waiting rip
I had my last one last week as well, still waiting to hear

Reactions: 1 users
jumping in bc i've been where you all are and im seeing a lot of negativity that can easily be taken as truth. Be weary of the info you receive online whether good or bad. if you go on any subreddit for (insert w.e medical school here) you will see students with similar complaints. the issue is that med school sucks. its ultimately a business. MANY med schools were leaving things undocumented/cutting corners and ultimately the lcme caught up w them. Does Meharry have work to do? absolutely do all med schools? yes. i have quite a few friends at different institutions who render the same complaints. I think its important that no matter what school you go to, you realize the reality of medical school. Its rough. Administration is medicore at A LOT of schools. Personally, I have seen the strides Meharry has made since I started and I am but a mere m1. Some came into medical school with expectations that were at times unrealistic, regardless Meharry tried to compensate. I will say the entire staff is heavily focused on LCME stuff, they are open about it, so a lot of "spring cleaning" admistration wise was put on the back burner. I'm not thrilled about my experience either but i had to realize that the issues is sadly part of the game of med school IN GENERAL. come in ready to work hard, being empathetic, make friends/ don't alienate yourself and you'll be okay. if you have genuine concerns based on what you've been told, feel free to message me

Reactions: 4 users
does anyone know how large the current WL is? waiting to hear back from last week and not sure if it's worth waiting cause I have a massive deposit from a DO due in a couple of weeks as well

Did they say how long the WL is? Or when we would have any movement? Also sorry for the bunch of qs but is this different than the admit hold @longhorn2022 got last week? (still waiting to hear back from last week atm)
It didn’t say how long the WL is just that we’ll hear back latest end of June. I think it’s different? Instead of the email saying they’ve voted to put me in the class, it was recommended I be put on the waitlist. I’m assuming their waitlist is tiered.

• Care
sounds good - still haven't heard back so figuring it'll be the same on my end. thanks!