2023-2024 Meharry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
will probs give up my spot by end of this week , so one of yall great people can get it!!!

Reactions: 2 users
guys!!! i got off “admit hold”!!!
Congrats! Can you see now that your hold was good news? The wording of your hold email, albeit not outrightly stated, indicated that you could be accepted, if not this cycle, then the next if you reapply.

Reactions: 1 users
+1. Anyone who has already interviewed at Meharry I would greatly appreciate any tips/advice!!
Haven’t heard back yet from them but truly just be yourself. It was the safest space ever & felt so uplifting to be authentic. They love candidates for their passion and resilience it seems:)

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Is it crazy I haven’t heard back post interviews for 2 weeks now? Maybe I’m delusional LOL

Is it crazy I haven’t heard back post interviews for 2 weeks now? Maybe I’m delusional LOL

When was your last interview? The committee meets up on Wednesdays and assesses applicants so I think you should hear back soon!

Haven’t heard back yet from them but truly just be yourself. It was the safest space ever & felt so uplifting to be authentic. They love candidates for their passion and resilience it seems:)
I agree! It was very laidback so don’t stress too much and practice using the questions on the sdn school site for Meharry.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Last interview was two weeks ago as of today 🥲
I heard back almost 2 weeks after my last interview, hopefully they should be getting back to you by the end of this week

+1. Anyone who has already interviewed at Meharry I would greatly appreciate any tips/advice!!

for the student panel: be yourself and maybe prepare 2-3 questions for the students who lead the panels (breakout rooms on zoom). super chill

for traditional: once again, be yourself. it was mostly just conversational, but again maybe prep some questions for the faculty

for mmi: just be genuine. they’re not out to get you. maybe brush up on some common MMI topics/scenarios like on BeMo.com. otherwise, just be respectful and give them time to do follow-up questions (e.g., don’t ramble)

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Curious how far in advance did you guys get the zoom link for your faculty interviews? Little worried because my interviewer is not replying to emails.

Curious how far in advance did you guys get the zoom link for your faculty interviews? Little worried because my interviewer is not replying to emails.

i guess it depends on the faculty member, but my first one sent me an email 03/21 asking for my availability and then we met the next week early (like 4-5 days post-deciding). my second faculty member sent an email on 03/26 with her availabilities for the following 4-5 days and then i had to pick one that aligned, which happened to be 2-3 days after that

i guess i lucked out w decently responsive (at least at first) interviewers. i feel you’ll have at least 3-4 days between each email and its respective interview

I had one email the zoom link as soon as I confirmed the date and the other link was emailed the day before the interview (4 days after I confirmed the date & time). I’d recommend to reach out the night before if you haven’t heard anything from them!

i guess it depends on the faculty member, but my first one sent me an email 03/21 asking for my availability and then we met the next week early (like 4-5 days post-deciding). my second faculty member sent an email on 03/26 with her availabilities for the following 4-5 days and then i had to pick one that aligned, which happened to be 2-3 days after that

i guess i lucked out w decently responsive (at least at first) interviewers. i feel you’ll have at least 3-4 days between each email and its respective interview

oh i missed the point. the links were emailed like consistently quickly— like on the same day we decided the times of interviews. have they already decided upon a day with you? and if so, did you mean that they stopped responding post-deciding a day for the interview? i’d probably wait till tmrw since it’s monday but if not, probably email again tmrw evening or schedule send so it arrives first thing to their inbox tuesday morning

oh i missed the point. the links were emailed like consistently quickly— like on the same day we decided the times of interviews. have they already decided upon a day with you? and if so, did you mean that they stopped responding post-deciding a day for the interview? i’d probably wait till tmrw since it’s monday but if not, probably email again tmrw evening or schedule send so it arrives first thing to their inbox tuesday morning
yes i sent an email to schedule my interview last week on Thursday and followed up yesterday. My interview is supposed to be tomorrow afternoon but the faculty member never replied with the link or confirmed anything with me so i am not sure what to do!!

yes i sent an email to schedule my interview last week on Thursday and followed up yesterday. My interview is supposed to be tomorrow afternoon but the faculty member never replied with the link or confirmed anything with me so i am not sure what to do!!

Email admissions/ Ms. Dixon

maybe they’ll send right before but that’s a bit nerve wracking. hmm, i think email ms. dixon right away and cc the office of admissions

IMG_8458.png

and if no one responds, i’d say call the som office of admissions. i know they said they’re answering emails as opposed to calls due to high volume, but this is a bit of a dire situation. the SOM academic office’s number is 615.327.6204 as per Admitted Students - Meharry Medical College

maybe they’ll send right before but that’s a bit nerve wracking. hmm, i think email ms. dixon right away and cc the office of admissions

View attachment 385760

and if no one responds, i’d say call the som office of admissions. i know they said they’re answering emails as opposed to calls due high volume, but this is a bit of a dire situation. the SOM academic office’s number is 615.327.6204 as per Admitted Students - Meharry Medical College
thanks, yes i just emailed Ms. Dixon, if I don't hear anything by tomorrow morning I will call :/

Hi guys, I just realized I’m missing an organic chemistry prereq. I only have 4 hours. I was wondering if anyone knows if they screen applicants for prereqs prior to sending them a secondary? I have taken biochem, I don’t know if they substituted that in for my application.

Hi guys, I just realized I’m missing an organic chemistry prereq. I only have 4 hours. I was wondering if anyone knows if they screen applicants for prereqs prior to sending them a secondary? I have taken biochem, I don’t know if they substituted that in for my application.
probably best to email admissions or call

Does the admissions committee meet on Wednesday? The NHSC app is closing tomorrow 😅

Withdrawing my A. Good luck to everyone! It’s been a long year of hope and angst.

Reactions: 5 users
withdrawing my A! best of luck to the future meharrians

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
i’m fr gonna call because this is now 4.5 months since being placed under review. even a rejection would be better atp

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
waitlisted :/ does anyone know how WL movement is traditionally at Meharry?

sitting here waiting for waitlist movement LOL does anyone know if people got off waitlist last year? Or was it really only just admit hold :/

Does anyone know if Meharry is switching to P/F this year? I heard that admin is at least talking about it

Does anyone know if Meharry is switching to P/F this year? I heard that admin is at least talking about it

i hope so. i also hope they switch to NBME exams as opposed to in-house plus an end of year cumulative NBME (i think only 16% of ppl get a 50% on it as per some stat on their website) & make step 1/2 not back to back after MS3

Last edited:
i hope so. i also hope they switch to NBME exams as opposed to in-house plus an end of year cumulative NBME (i think only 16% of ppl get a 50% on it as per some stat on their website) & make step 1/2 back to back after MS3
I remember one of interviewers saying they're redesigning the curriculum, but they were kinda vague about the changes.

i hope so. i also hope they switch to NBME exams as opposed to in-house plus an end of year cumulative NBME (i think only 16% of ppl get a 50% on it as per some stat on their website) & make step 1/2 not back to back after MS3
Meharry has never had in-house exams. All exams are NBME
The only “in house exams” are the formatives which are basically weekly quizzes unless they just decided to make a change to in-house exams this year.
Step 1 is being moved back to before clerkships
Curriculum is going P/F
M1 summer no longer is taken up by required research. Research will be optional during that time.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
The only “in house exams” are the formatives which are basically weekly quizzes unless they just decided to make a change to in-house exams this year.
Curriculum is going P/F
M1 summer no longer is taken up by required research. Research will be optional during that time.

wb the EOY comprehensive NBME one?

Curriculum is going P/F

Omg it’s going pass fail, when?