2023-2024 Northstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can anyone here give insight about the private loans? What happens if you don't get approved by the lenders even when you have a co-signer?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS acceptance off waitlist

My first MD acceptance, but the price and bad reputation are giving me pause in accepting.
I am waitlisted on one other MD school and accepted to 2 DO schools.

Reactions: 2 users
I just got accepted, interviewed 3/8. REALLY hoping that one of my other waitlists comes through for me.

Reactions: 3 users
Did you receive the A recently or earlier in the morning? I interviewed on 3/22 but haven't received any updates yet.

My stats are in their competitive range. cGPA: 3.6, MCAT: 513. I'm guessing my interview didn't go as well as I expected 😅

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you receive the A recently or earlier in the morning? I interviewed on 3/22 but haven't received any updates yet.

My stats are in their competitive range. cGPA: 3.6, MCAT: 513. I'm guessing my interview didn't go as well as I expected 😅
Earlier this morning. I can't say for sure but their rolling decision timeline overall seems to take 6-8 weeks, this is week 7 for us while you might have to wait another week or two. My stats are very similar to yours. Best of luck!!

If the timeline is approx. 7 weeks and we interviewed in mid-April, does that mean we will get a notification in June, passed many other schools CTE deadline?

If the timeline is approx. 7 weeks and we interviewed in mid-April, does that mean we will get a notification in June, passed many other schools CTE deadline?
I interviewed in Oct 2023 and waitlisted. I cannot imagine why they would still keep me waitlisted for 8 months. I am not sure what the waitlist process and timeline is 🤔.

Have you brought this to the attention of the admissions committee office? Maybe with a letter of intent, continued interest, or update if you can write one. I'd have called after December to understand what they want to do with your app while its still under consideration.

Have you brought this to the attention of the admissions committee office? Maybe with a letter of intent, continued interest, or update if you can write one. I'd have called after December to understand what they want to do with your app while its still under consideration.
They sent me an email end of March asking me to confirm of my interest to continue to be the waitlist and I had responded back to the email of my continued interest.

officially got the pre-ii R today morning. good luck to everyone on the waitlist or waiting to hear back :)

Hi, does anybody know if the forms they have us sign are committing us to the school? It doesn't seem like it but I just wanted to make sure. Also, would other med schools be able to see that we PTE at CNU? Thanks.

Hi, does anybody know if the forms they have us sign are committing us to the school? It doesn't seem like it but I just wanted to make sure. Also, would other med schools be able to see that we PTE at CNU? Thanks.
If I understand it right, I believe PTE is only available as a number figure to school while CTE reveals your name to the school you commit to. Here's the AAMC link explaining the process: AMCAS® Choose Your Medical School Tool

I emailed them to ask this and gathered that to keep your A you need to do the paperwork and deposit ("holding your spot") by the earlier deadline, but you're allowed to withdraw your acceptance and go somewhere else before May 30 if you haven't CTE. You just lose the deposit. I don't think other schools would be able to see your PTE choice or have their decision affected by it.

On this reddit link:

I emailed them to ask this and gathered that to keep your A you need to do the paperwork and deposit ("holding your spot") by the earlier deadline, but you're allowed to withdraw your acceptance and go somewhere else before May 30 if you haven't CTE. You just lose the deposit. I don't think other schools would be able to see your PTE choice or have their decision affected by it.

It mentioned that "Now that schools can see if you've selected "Plan to Enroll" for that school, strategy becomes important. I suspect that schools will want to offer waitlist spots to applicants who have not selected "Plan to Enroll" for any school after April 30 - those applicants would 100% take the offer, because they presumably have not been accepted to any school yet. And from what I can tell, offering an acceptance is resource-intensive, because schools have to notify AAMC, portals and logins have to be made, and the financial aid office has to be called into action to draw up a financial aid offer within 24 hours. As a result, I suspect yield plays at least part of a decision in the management of waitlist offers."

They say it might sway WL movement and other school's A's. Does anyone else know a little more about this?

Hi everyone, just had to turn down my acceptance due to being unable to even get approved for a loan with hypothetical >15% interest without signing my family's life away as cosigners. What a terrible feeling. I now understand why this school has such a reputation as a scam. Good luck to everyone and if someone receives this acceptance after me, be careful.

• Sad
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
Hi everyone, just had to turn down my acceptance due to being unable to even get approved for a loan with hypothetical >15% interest without signing my family's life away as cosigners. What a terrible feeling. I now understand why this school has such a reputation as a scam. Good luck to everyone and if someone receives this acceptance after me, be careful.
im gonna be rooting for you that you get to go somewhere even better ! You'll make an amazing future doctor wishing you all luck

I will be turning down my A because I got an A at another school. I hope my A goes to one of you guys. The school definitely is a little rough around the edges but I'm really hoping it gets accreditation next year.

Reactions: 4 users
Glad you recognised that the light at the end of the tunnel was a runaway train.

I will be turning down my A because I got an A at another school. I hope my A goes to one of you guys. The school definitely is a little rough around the edges but I'm really hoping it gets accreditation next year.
Good decision.

My comment was not meant to knock on the school, it definitely has some very qualified and passionate students. I had a great experience interacting with other current students and I feel like if it got accreditation next year, it will be a step in the right direction.

Reactions: 1 users
My comment was not meant to knock on the school, it definitely has some very qualified and passionate students. I had a great experience interacting with other current students and I feel like if it got accreditation next year, it will be a step in the right direction.
True, feedback from students will play a part in the accreditation decision but more important criteria include qualified faculty, staff retention & adequacy, both in number & quality, of clinical rotations. The school has problems with all of these.

OOS acceptance off waitlist

My first MD acceptance, but the price and bad reputation are giving me pause in accepting.
I am waitlisted on one other MD school and accepted to 2 DO schools.
Congrats. I know a lot of med students who graduated from this school with “bad reputation” and are now either in excellent doctors or are excellent residents. Several are chief residents in their own program. Good luck.

Hi I was wondering if any current cnu students or alumni know whether it is easy to get rotations at CNU during your third and fourth year? I saw some posts about lack of rotation spots, however on the school’s website there seems to be a lot of hospitals for students to go to.

Also, for the cnu teach out policy in the event accreditation is lost does anyone know if current students can continue studying at the campus or will they be sent to new med schools? And is there a guarantee that med school will still be completed in 4 years?

Last edited:
In addition, if anyone is comfortable could they pls message me or post about their past or current cnu experience. I’m a ca resident and was committed to cnu but I just got into another oos med school. The oos school is fully accredited and tuition is similar to cnu. I’m a little confused about which school to pick now. My biggest regret would be going out of state when I could have gone to a good med school in my home state. Especially bc the cnu faculty seems confident the school will get accredited next year. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users