2023-2024 University of Central Florida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Withdrew my A! Best of luck to the rest of you!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If you are right at the top of the list there is a possibility of being accepted next week (the last committee meeting of the cycle). Otherwise, the list doesn't usually start moving until we get closer to May 1.
Hi Ms. Poole! I was wondering if we could know anything about how far down the IS waitlist has moved so far since we’re getting closer to May? It would be really helpful 😊

Hi Ms. Poole! I was wondering if we could know anything about how far down the IS waitlist has moved so far since we’re getting closer to May? It would be really helpful 😊
We have just begun to make offers to those on the alternate list.

Reactions: 4 users
How far down did the oos waitlist go into last year?
Hey, current M1 here. Based on what I have heard from some of my classmates, I know some students who were from the upper half of the middle 1/3 were accepted off the waitlist

Reactions: 1 user
IS A this morning, from WL bottom half of upper 1/3 :giggle:

Reactions: 3 users
We are just now breaking into the middle 1/3. We have not flown through the upper half of our alternate list :giggle:
Thank you for letting us know, seems like a lot of movement, does it look like the lower third will be tapped into? (IS)

UCF woulda been a dream. Highest Step 1 averages before it went P/F plus it's in Orlando. Say less

@LaurelePoole Is there an approximate # of Texas residents that you see in each class? Do y'all sometimes have none for application years, whether that's because of their competitiveness or their choice to go to other schools? Completely understand if this is only kept privy to admissions staff

UCF woulda been a dream. Highest Step 1 averages before it went P/F plus it's in Orlando. Say less

@LaurelePoole Is there an approximate # of Texas residents that you see in each class? Do y'all sometimes have none for application years, whether that's because of their competitiveness or their choice to go to other schools? Completely understand if this is only kept privy to admissions staff
We usually have 1-2 TX residents in each class. There are many medical schools in TX so if an applicant gets a home offer it is hard for us to compete price-wise.

Is this for both is and oos?
We are currently admitting from the upper-half of the middle 1/3 of both the in-state and out of state lists. Initially we were ahead a little bit of where we were last year, but it seems to have tapered out.

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you for letting us know, seems like a lot of movement, does it look like the lower third will be tapped into? (IS)
Still quite a few people in the middle 1/3 to get through before we get to the lower 1/3. Eight people in that upper half of the middle 1/3 have submitted an intent to matriculate if offered, so presumably those seats would be spoken-for. Every cycle is different so I never say never. Feel free to check in with us any time.

Still quite a few people in the middle 1/3 to get through before we get to the lower 1/3. Eight people in that upper half of the middle 1/3 have submitted an intent to matriculate if offered, so presumably those seats would be spoken-for. Every cycle is different so I never say never. Feel free to check in with us any time.
Hi Ms. Poole, would you be able to tell us when the next wave of offers will be going out? And about how many people there are in that top half of middle 1/3 that you still need to go through or if you think those 8 people will take up the last seats? Sorry for all the questions, I’m in that section right now and anxiously awaiting an offer

Hi Ms. Poole, would you be able to tell us when the next wave of offers will be going out? And about how many people there are in that top half of middle 1/3 that you still need to go through or if you think those 8 people will take up the last seats? Sorry for all the questions, I’m in that section right now and anxiously awaiting an offer
Haha JK guys, got an A from the top half of the middle third of the waitlist 🤩🤩

I apologize if this has been answered, but if someone writes a letter of intent, will they be given priority over someone who may be above them on the waitlist who did not send the letter of intent?

I apologize if this has been answered, but if someone writes a letter of intent, will they be given priority over someone who may be above them on the waitlist who did not send the letter of intent?
Pretty sure letters of intent have no effect other than letting admissions have a better estimate how many people will accept the offers