2023-2024 Florida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Where can I find the portal? On the link that I have there is no option to upload anything

It should be the portal where you submitted the secondary essays. It’s on the left hand side and it should say application updates.

Reactions: 1 users
Checking in again, have any applicants received MD-PhD invites for the January 25th or February 15th dates yet? Thank you!

OOS - is it worth sending a letter of interest at this point? any hope for getting an II?

Do they accept letters of interest? Couldn't see anything on the portal where I could upload. Anyone submit one?

anyone know when the last IIs go out? this is my #1, still hopeful🙏

Members don't see this ad :)
Do they accept letters of interest? Couldn't see anything on the portal where I could upload. Anyone submit one?
I wrote an update letter/letter of interest and copied it into the tab on the portal for updates since the documents tab only had a letter of intent as an option.

I was accepted several months ago and missed this email! Do you know what date they sent it out or what the subject of the email was?
Search 'UF College of Medicine Class of 2028' on Facebook, it's a private group.

Search 'UF College of Medicine Class of 2028' on Facebook, it's a private group.
I see the group... just hesitant to "ask to join" if I wasn't directly invited. Even though I was formally accepted and everything... Any thoughts from those that didnt get the formal facebook invite but were otherwise accepted...?

anyone else supposed to hear back today but havent??? nervousss

Reactions: 1 user
A last night!!! LM 75. And for those that are still interviewing, they were pretty explicit that your chance of being accepted is more or less the same regardless of when you interview. Also UFCOM seems super holistic so keep your hopes up!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
3.8, 521, UF Grad, and no interview. Completely lost.
Also UF grad, in a position with similar stats, got a 3.90+ GPA with an above average MCAT for UF. I have tons of clinical experience through UF, good shadowing in primary care and specialties, published research, hundreds of hours of community service, etc. (did the whole mile and beyond), but not even an II.

I hate to sound ungrateful for my cycle this year but I was utterly shocked by the lack of anything from UF. I received II's and A's from multiple Florida schools including being accepted into USF and UMiami earlier on in the cycle, especially shocked considering USF has higher average stats. I subtly think they threw my application out on accident...

Same.
3.99 UF GPA, 519, UF Grad, 900 hrs. of Clinical Research at UF, 750 hrs. CNA at Shands, etc. etc. etc.
I'm very lost as well--literally have no idea what the weaknesses of my application are...

Does anyone know if UF's admission committee offers specific feedback for those who don't get in?
Yes, UF is one of the few schools that is open to providing feedback if your application wasn't successful: FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions » FAQ » Medical Admissions » College of Medicine » University of Florida

Also, if you are a UF grad, the pre-health advisors have advising appointments that are open to alumni and can probably provide some feedback.

I will likely look into these options since I was wait-listed post-interview, but I'm still holding on with some hope.

Is anyone else who was accepted not seeing it on “Choose Your Medical School” on AMCAS?

I just wanted to say congratulations everyone who received an acceptance here or other schools. If you’re waiting to hear back or getting ready to reapply, chin up, your time is coming and you should be proud of yourself for going through this process. I usually check in here just to see if anyone has questions but I'm on that MS4/senioritis mood. Im a current student here at UFCOM. So excited for your path as a med student and if you have questions please don’t hesitate to DM or ask here :)

A last night!!! LM 75. And for those that are still interviewing, they were pretty explicit that your chance of being accepted is more or less the same regardless of when you interview. Also UFCOM seems super holistic so keep your hopes up!
Also yes, can verify that your chances are more or less the same. When we interview, even if you are the last interview that doesn't mean you're automatically waitlisted. It would be highly unfair if we did that and I'm not sure where that perception came from that if you are interviewed later it's for a waitlist position. Maybe this is true at other schools...but not here.

IS pre-II R. I made my tiny rant above but still feel wronged about not receiving an II from an alumni school. Best of luck to everyone else this cycle!

IS pre-II R. Whatever it’s not like I wanted to be a double gator anyway

Just got the pre-II R from UF, my alma mater. It's been kind of real I guess, even if I did transfer in for 2020/2021 and didn't get the real UF experience. I loved this school so much anyway and spent years dreaming about going there. I fell in love with Gainesville and it will always be a home to me. See you later, Gators.

Edit to add: They said their cycle is over.

Does anyone know when financial aid packages come out? And if they match other schools offers?

Does anyone know when financial aid packages come out? And if they match other schools offers

Aid packages come out in mid-April sometime around or after Second Look. UF is notorious for not matching aid from what I've heard from current students. If any current students want to elaborate, it would be much appreciated.

Does UF like letters of intent?
My interview was awhile ago at this point, but I do remember the dean alluding to the fact that they appreciate “demonstrated continued interest” if you’re WL’d. I also do think that there’s an explicit option to upload letters of intent on the portal, which further insinuates that they do appreciate them. Good luck!