2023-2024 Florida Atlantic (Schmidt)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What admissions committee review complete mean? Does anyone know when our decisions will come out? I interviewed back before mid-September...

review complete means they’ve made a decision on your application ! We should hear back starting Monday and throughout the week

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed 9/25 and my portal stills says interview scheduled. Anyone in the same boat?

Reactions: 2 users
for the one-way video we have to complete, does it ask in-depth questions about the school or its more general and casper-like? no clue what to expect for mine so im wondering what yalls experience was

for the one-way video we have to complete, does it ask in-depth questions about the school or its more general and casper-like? no clue what to expect for mine so im wondering what yalls experience was
It’s a MMI — wasn’t that bad but definitely odd to be talking to yourself.

Reactions: 1 users
Does the school need to get the CASPER score before extending interview invites?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just a reminder for those on this thread. We have the SJT Experience Survey running, so please make sure you fill it out to help future applicants and promote areas of advocacy/change.

Went from preliminary review assigned a few days ago to preliminary review completed today

IS II received, application was submitted before Labor day in September.

I am wondering what to expect in terms of the time commitment for this because the confirmation email just says the interview is at 11:00 but the check-in time says 9:35. I have a class at 12:50 that I am wondering whether I will make it to class following this interview. Also, I see people posting about a asynchronous session...what is that about?

This is an appeal to applicants who have taken Casper for admission to Florida Atlantic University SOM.

Complete the 2023 Situational Judgment Test Experience survey.

HPSA/SDN has the 2023 SJT Experience Survey available to anyone preparing for SJTs (especially Casper and PREview). If you completed the 2022 survey, you are welcome to go ahead and complete the survey again. This survey consists of multiple pages and will take up to 10 minutes. You can also place yourself on a waitlist for a study focusing more on school-run SJTs run through platforms like Kira Talent, to be released later in the year.

Your feedback matters!
We learned a lot about how applicants prepared for Casper and PREview last year, but the number of PREview schools has almost doubled this cycle! Over 20% of all AMCAS applicants will likely have taken PREview, and up to 90% of all medical school applicants will likely have taken Casper this cycle (according to Acuity Insights). This does not include applicants in non-medical professions who have had to take these assessments for admission to physician assistant, anesthesiology assistant, dental, veterinary, pharmacy, or physical therapy programs, where we see a trend that applicants with higher Casper results are preferred. Medical residency applicants are also being asked to complete Acuity Insights Assessments, and very little is known about how program directors use these data. Your responses are vital to get objective insights on how admissions committees value the results of these exams.

Your feedback matters!
We want to hear from as many people as possible, especially those attending or applying outside of medicine (MD/DO). This year saw an expansion of SJTs in admissions, and more information has been made available on preparing for these assessments. We want to stay current with these trends to guide future applicants and students facing these SJTs.

Many of our findings from the 2022 survey align with the NAAHP Testing Task Force report released last summer. This includes concerns about proctoring, consistency of scoring, and concern that applicants are paying for validity research. But we need more student voices to gain a louder voice to advocate for future health professional school applicants.

Your feedback has helped HPSA develop a workshop focused on preparing for SJTs like Casper and PREview. This workshop is part of our Becoming a Student Doctor preparation course, and we have already had some positive results among those who have participated in our mock interview workshops. An updated workshop will be presented at the UC Davis Prehealth Conference on October 14, and we welcome opportunities to present the full-length SJT workshop to your campus!

Fill out this survey and help future applicants become physicians in their chosen profession!

IS II received, application was submitted before Labor day in September.

I am wondering what to expect in terms of the time commitment for this because the confirmation email just says the interview is at 11:00 but the check-in time says 9:35. I have a class at 12:50 that I am wondering whether I will make it to class following this interview. Also, I see people posting about a asynchronous session...what is that about?
The interview day is from 9 am -2:30 so you would probably need to skip class. The asynchronous session is basically recording answers to MMI questions on your own time.

those of us that interviewed 10/12– we r supposed to hear back today right?

A IS LM 79 got the call just now! Interviewed 10/2

Reactions: 3 users
Got the A. OOS, interviewed 10/23.

Anyone who wasn't accepted, what did it say in your portal? I am trying to figure out if the "Not Accepted" means a waitlist or a Post-II R.

Anyone else’s app still on “Admission screening completed”?

Is “Admissions Screening in Progress” an L if I’ve been complete since early August.

• Hmm