2023-2024 Florida Atlantic (Schmidt)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When do interviews starts?

Members don't see this ad.

Status on portal changed to “Preliminary Review assigned”. Had to check portal to see it - anyone know what this means? Was someone just assigned to look at my application?

Members don't see this ad :)
is it a soft R if it says that "Admissions screening completed"?

II received. IS, primary verified 7/6. secondary received 7/20. complete 8/6

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know whether the interviews are traditional or MMI? I seem to be finding conflicting information between the AAMC Interview Procedures document and the information they included in their email.

Does anyone know whether the interviews are traditional or MMI? I seem to be finding conflicting information between the AAMC Interview Procedures document and the information they included in their email.
a friend of mine interviewed here last year, it was mmi format

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone have any insight regarding the one-way interview? Didn’t know this was a thing

Is anyone familiar with how an asynchronous interview like this works? I clicked the link and watched the introduction video. It seemed like if I clicked continue, the recording/time would start, and I'd have to record my responses then and there. I just wanted to check if we are meant to have time to look at and prepare for the questions before recording our responses or if we are supposed to answer them as they are given to us, like in a live interview.

To those who got an interview- how long did it take to go from "admissions screening completed" to the II :oops:

Should I be concerned if my application still says screening in progress? I became complete 7/25

For everyone that got interviews, congrats. For the one way interview, you are not allowed retakes or to see the question before hand. It’s similar to Casper, and you have 3 minuets to think of an answer. Just wanted to share this because I was stressed about it too. Best of luck.

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know if my secondary application will not be looked at all at until I take the Casper exam?

Does anyone know if CASPer is required for this school? It is listed as an option of Acuity, but no mention from FAU if it is recommended, optional, or required.

OOS II received 9/19, complete 7/24, LM 73 - I received interview invite with the schedule. There is an hour block for the interview. Is this when the MMI takes place or is that done later (asynchronous)?

OOS II received 9/19, complete 7/24, LM 73 - I received interview invite with the schedule. There is an hour block for the interview. Is this when the MMI takes place or is that done later (asynchronous)?

I completed my MMI asynchronous before the interview day, then day of, they’ll go over the schedule for the day in the morning, but interview will be behavioral style questions

I completed my MMI asynchronous before the interview day, then day of, they’ll go over the schedule for the day in the morning, but interview will be behavioral style questions
Hey there, IS II received 9/14, and completed 7/25. I'm just wondering, from the current emails and the example schedule I received, I see no information mentioning or regarding the asynchronous MMI. When did you guys receive access/instructions on how to complete this portion of the interview process?

IS II received yesterday but there is no time slot to choose from, did anyone experience that?

Hey there, IS II received 9/14, and completed 7/25. I'm just wondering, from the current emails and the example schedule I received, I see no information mentioning or regarding the asynchronous MMI. When did you guys receive access/instructions on how to complete this portion of the interview process?

I received the email with instructions for asynchronous MMI the day after I scheduled my interview

hey yall, does anyone know the phone number i can call to speak with admissions with the school? ive been trying to email the office to schedule an interview but to no avail :/

Does anyone know what "Admissions screening completed" means? I noticed this on Friday (09/29) but I am not sure how long it said that

I was complete with my application received 8/31 and still haven't received an II, do we know how long they'll be sending out II's till?

Just checked my portal and my status was changed to “admissions committee review complete”, interviewed on 9/18, hoping for that A next week

Reactions: 5 users
What admissions committee review complete mean? Does anyone know when our decisions will come out? I interviewed back before mid-September...