2023-2024 Florida Atlantic (Schmidt)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Monica mentioned decisions release on Dec 15 - would anyone know if calls go out throughout the week or we have to wait until friday

Members don't see this ad.

I feel like they're doing it through MCAT. I have a couple friends who scored 520+ get their app reviewed even though they submitted later. I'm at a 510. Are you around the same level?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My status recently changed from Admissions Screening Complete to Preliminary Review Assigned. Does anyone have an estimate on how long that typically lasts?

Reactions: 1 user
When do we assume we got rejected because ... I've been on admissions screening in progress since I submitted in early August ...

Reactions: 4 users
One more day until admissions releases the next batch of decisions, good luck everyone!

My status just changed to admission screening completed-- finally something lol I submitted complete secondary on 8/5! I'm also OOS but with very strong ties, this is my undergrad :)

edit to ask how long people stayed on admission screening completed and if they ended up hearing something after that?

Completed 8/3 but still on Admissions Screening in Progress. I guess I’ll treat it like an R.

My status just changed to admission screening completed-- finally something lol I submitted complete secondary on 8/5! I'm also OOS but with very strong ties, this is my undergrad :)

edit to ask how long people stayed on admission screening completed and if they ended up hearing something after that?
I’ve been completed for like 2 months

Members don't see this ad :)
I think moinca said she would be done by noon, so i'm guessing it's a R for me...sitting over here in miami with terrible weather and a R... 💔

• Care
Chances of getting a II at this point? OOS, complete 9/11, portal still says “admissions screening in progress.”

Chances of getting a II at this point? OOS, complete 9/11, portal still says “admissions screening in progress.”
I'm still trying to be hopeful - I don't think anyone is out of the running quite yet. There's still plenty of time.

I'm still trying to be hopeful - I don't think anyone is out of the running quite yet. There's still plenty of time.
I applied to 5 Florida schools and it’s been crickets from all of them😩

I applied to 5 Florida schools and it’s been crickets from all of them😩
I applied to three and it’s been exactly the same for me. While I already have acceptances to my state schools lol who gets it?

I applied early and no res. Does anyone know if they’re still sending out interview invites?

Preliminary review assigned or complete? I've been on assigned for about a month now no movement.
Preliminary completed. also, I'm confused because my interview selection date bar is empty. Has anyone else experienced this?

Preliminary completed. also, I'm confused because my interview selection date bar is empty. Has anyone else experienced this?
I read something either earlier or on last year's thread that someone had a similar problem and had to email admissions.

If you know, about how long were you assigned before being marked complete?

I read something either earlier or on last year's thread that someone had a similar problem and had to email admissions.

If you know, about how long were you assigned before being marked complete?
I’m not certain but I know it was marked complete in Dec when I went to look. And yes I contacted admissions about it!

For those of you who got the MMI email, how do we accept the invitation? When I click the link, the only option given is "go to your interview." Does anyone know if this just accepts the interview or will I have to complete it the same day I click it?

For those of you who got the MMI email, how do we accept the invitation? When I click the link, the only option given is "go to your interview." Does anyone know if this just accepts the interview or will I have to complete it the same day I click it?
I never saw a place to "accept" it. Once you click, "go to your interview" it will lead you into the scenarios after your watch a video and go through a tutorial. Don't panic, it let's you do a practice prior to entering into the actual questions.

how long did it take for you guys to receive the MMI interview email? I received my II yesterday

how long did it take for you guys to receive the MMI interview email? I received my II yesterday

II on 1/5, MMI invite on 1/8

Did either of you notice how long you were marked as preliminary review assigned and complete? I’ve been preliminary review assigned for over a month and it’s a little nerve wracking FAU is my top choice.

Anyone attending the MED Owls Night this evening?

Application updated today (Or last night sometime) to Preliminary Review Complete. I guess we'll see if it leads to an interview hopefully!

I submitted back in July and have been in the "Admissions Screening in Progress" since. Has anyone else not moved at all? It is odd because I am IS and have been interviewing at OOS schools with comparable averages.

Reactions: 6 users
I submitted back in July and have been in the "Admissions Screening in Progress" since. Has anyone else not moved at all? It is odd because I am IS and have been interviewing at OOS schools with comparable averages.
Not IS but otherwise same- I feel like it’s disheartening b/c it’s like they haven’t even looked at our app/considered us. I would feel better to know if they’ve at least reviewed our app even if it’s ultimately a reject

Just got an II - totally my dream school I'm so excited to have the opportunity to interview!

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Just got an II - totally my dream school I'm so excited to have the opportunity to interview!
Your persistence paid off! Good luck and best wishes for the interview.

Reactions: 3 users