2023-2024 Florida Atlantic (Schmidt)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I’m still stuck in the “Admissions screening in progress” purgatory. Is there any hope?

Members don't see this ad.

I was in an interview recently, and they said we were their last interview group. Hate to be the bearer. Good luck

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I was in an interview recently, and they said we were their last interview group. Hate to be the bearer. Good luck
Damn. My app was never reviewed. They said they were interviewing until March?

Oof I think there’s a good chance they didn’t even read my app (or at least a good part of it). Still on admissions screening in progress. Hope they enjoy that donation.

Reactions: 1 users
If I’m going out I’m glad it was by your hand, Ligma

Reactions: 2 users
I don’t get why they haven’t sent out mass rejections then. If they know they aren’t interviewing anyone else, send the Rs so we don’t hold out hope for something that will never come.

Hmm... I believe you, though their site says "Interview days are scheduled on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays between mid-September and February. The interview is scheduled for the entire day."
Possible they meant until February? Or just they interviewed their max and know their WL is maxed out already?

Members don't see this ad :)
call but i didn’t answer so they texted and emailed! it was within the same minute as well
Thank you guys!!! Praying I’m waitlist at least or maybe they were not able to get to everyone!!! 😅😅

thank you! my interview was nov 14th, they told us on interview day they would get back to us beginning of february
Ok cool, they told us we will hear back early March so fingers crossed 🤞 I really like this program.

Ok cool, they told us we will hear back early March so fingers crossed 🤞 I really like this program.
When was your interview? I interviewed December 1 and they told me Feb 2 decesion by 4 😀😅

Anyone who has got an II and not get an A get any email?

Has anyone called admissions to discuss the waitlist and potential waitlist movement? I'm just wondering if it would be beneficial to reach out to them or not

Has anyone called admissions to discuss the waitlist and potential waitlist movement? I'm just wondering if it would be beneficial to reach out to them or not
From previous threads it sounds like waitlist movement happened in May and per the MSAR:

Once it is determined seats are available with the College, applicants are reviewed by the Committee on Admissions. The waitlist is not ranked, therefore all applications are re-reviewed.

Received alternate list email around 1pm EST today. Interviewed 1/9/24.

Oof I think there’s a good chance they didn’t even read my app (or at least a good part of it). Still on admissions screening in progress. Hope they enjoy that donation.
Omg 😳 same! Did they really not review our application?

Yeah it looks like our apps were never read. Pretty lame of the school tbh.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone have any insight on when we might hear about financial aid?

For those who have interviewed already, were the questions mostly "what would you do" style, or more "tell me a story of a time when..." style, or both? And were there still more common traditional questions like why medicine and questions about specifics of your app?
i was rejected in jan - but i'm surprised you're still asking - they told us they'll stop interviewing in jan/feb?

i was rejected in jan - but i'm surprised you're still asking - they told us they'll stop interviewing in jan/feb?
I'm surprised that they haven't sent out a wave of rejections then 🤔 I wonder why they are keeping us all in limbo.

AVOID THIS SCHOOL, THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THEIR STUDENTS. I WAS INTERVIEWED A FEW MONTHS AGO AND WAITLISTED. THEN I RECEIVED ANOTHER EMAIL SAYING I HAD BEEN ACCEPTED AND WAS ECSTATIC. WHEN I CALLED THE ADMISSIONS OFFICE TO INQUIRE ABOUT MY STATUS THEY TOLD ME THE ACCEPTANCE EMAIL HAD BEEN A MISTAKE AND DID NOT EVEN APOLOGIZE TO ME. THEY DO NOT CARE!!!!
That’s horrible!

AVOID THIS SCHOOL, THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THEIR STUDENTS. I WAS INTERVIEWED A FEW MONTHS AGO AND WAITLISTED. THEN I RECEIVED ANOTHER EMAIL SAYING I HAD BEEN ACCEPTED AND WAS ECSTATIC. WHEN I CALLED THE ADMISSIONS OFFICE TO INQUIRE ABOUT MY STATUS THEY TOLD ME THE ACCEPTANCE EMAIL HAD BEEN A MISTAKE AND DID NOT EVEN APOLOGIZE TO ME. THEY DO NOT CARE!!!!
That's unacceptable. I was rejected - and happily so, found a school that seems more caring/focused.

Fortunately you have an A in hand. I feel bad for those who didn't.

Admissions is a hard job. I'm sure behind the scenes they're scrambling about it. It's also more customary for the director or dean of admissions to issue an apology once they figure out what happened.