2023-2024 Utah

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviewed 9/11 still waiting, Dr. Chan pleaseeee

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
from last years thread it looks like they went radio silent from oct until february

I think they may have sent out a few more As on November 1st since that’s when I got my call from Dr. Chan! But I don’t know anyone else who’s been accepted yet so I don’t know if it was a batch or just a few.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I think they may have sent out a few more As on November 1st since that’s when I got my call from Dr. Chan! But I don’t know anyone else who’s been accepted yet so I don’t know if it was a batch or just a few.
congrats!! When did you interview?

Congratulations!!

Reactions: 1 user
Just got the call with the A!! Interviewed 9/15.

IS, LM 61.5, nontrad, low SES, first gen.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do we think II’s are done? Last year the latest one I could see on the SDN thread was on Nov 28th.

I hope not. I'm IS (LM 76) and haven't heard anything:(
I have worse stats than you, but 3.7/511 IS and haven’t heard anything either. I just know they stop interviewing in December so feels like they are either done or almost done.

Just got rejected. Sucks. Good luck everyone else

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Pre-II R, IS, LM 82. Stings considering the 60% IS interview rate.

• Care
It’s an R massacre from Utah today

• Care
In-state, pre-interview rejection. Damn this one stings bad, I thought I had good EC's and writing.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
IS pre II R today. LM of 74. Despite the lip service in their email, I am left feeling pretty discouraged, especially given their IS interview rate.

• Care
When did you (and any other pre II IS Rs) submit secondaries?
And I’m so sorry to everyone by the way, this process is grueling and anxiety inducing, keep your heads up, you are all amazing beyond what one school says!

I think the IS interview rate is lower this year. On MSAR it's pretty high, but they interviewed 500 and in the interview they told us they are only interviewing 350 total. So naturally less IS will be interviewed, probably at least 50 less, and more people IS may have applied this cycle. I'm sorry though about the R's. This doesn't define you! It just means you are meant to be somewhere else where you will learn and grow more!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Any acceptances or rejections for interviews that happened in October yet? Wondering if we are ever going to hear back lol

Any acceptances or rejections for interviews that happened in October yet? Wondering if we are ever going to hear back lol
last year october dates didn’t start hearing till feb

last year october dates didn’t start hearing till feb

Someone during my interview day in mid October said to expect a decision late February early march, I wasn’t sure if this was accurate but seems to be on par with previous years.

I have gotten not one, not two, but THREE calls from random Utah numbers today and none of them were Dr. Chan. My nerves cannot take this lol

Reactions: 10 users
So if I haven't received an interview yet, but also didn't get rejected on Friday, are they just prolonging the wait before my execution? Aren't they basically done with interview invites?

So if I haven't received an interview yet, but also didn't get rejected on Friday, are they just prolonging the wait before my execution? Aren't they basically done with interview invites?
I’d hold on hope! They rejected a ton last week so that means you are definitely still in contending!

As far as I can tell they've sent out IIs on Tuesdays this year so maybe today is the day 👀 it's not over til its over!

Has anyone received a call for A in December?
Still waiting over here :dead: had to submit my first deposit for my backup school yesterday so now I'm just reaaaaaally hoping to hear before the second one is due