anyone heard from Finch?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Spiderman [RNA Ladder 2003]

Platinum Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I called them last week and they said that they looked at my file last month and made no decision. I asked if that meant that I was rejected and he said that it is diffinetely not and I can be still invited for an interview. The committee is going to look at my file again at the end of thios month. Is it really bad? I know that it is not really good because if they were sure that they wanted me they would have sent me an invite right away. Did anyone else hear from them?

Members don't see this ad.

No, I haven't heard a word, nor have I called. I didn't know they'd give out that much information on the phone. Now that you said that, I will give them a call tomorrow. Did you just call the admissions office?

Thanks

Originally posted by Spiderman [RNA Ladder 2003]
I called them last week and they said that they looked at my file last month and made no decision. I asked if that meant that I was rejected and he said that it is diffinetely not and I can be still invited for an interview. The committee is going to look at my file again at the end of thios month. Is it really bad? I know that it is not really good because if they were sure that they wanted me they would have sent me an invite right away. Did anyone else hear from them?

nope. i'm also waiting for interview. btw, is it only my computer or is your super long "Spiderman [RNA Ladder 2003]" name messing up the table format of the lists of threads? ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Just this Saturday I received an interview invitation from them. My application was complete in August, so I had given up expecting to here from them.

Not only is that a pretty ridiculous wait, they were silly enough to mention that I am competing with a small pool of applicants for an academic merit scholarship. Phew!!! Anyone who knows my record, knows I don't deserve anything that has the words "academic merit" in it, and a quick puruse of SDN proves that they seem to offer this to almost everyone. That select pool became a lot less select when they included me in it.

Ansyway, I will be politely declining there invitation by email this evening, so any of you that wish may call early tomorrow and there should be a spot available for you.

Best of luck.

I wonder if Finch waits until the first round of acceptances are out so that they interview less people who aren't very likely to go there anyways because they've gotten in somewhere else. (wow, long winded sentence, but it's 530am and I just got off work)

Sorry to rehash an old thread. I was curious if anyone had updates from them regarding notices of acceptances post these recent slew of interviews? Thanks!:)

I interviewed in mid-March and received my acceptance a week or so ago. When I was there, I was told that they make decisions once each month and if you are not accepted in the first month, they will reconsider you the next month and so on. Apparently, they don't reject anyone who has interviewed until right before classes start. They don't have a waitlist, they just keep accepting until they have a full class.

Wow that's great news, congratulations! I hope I hear some good news from them soon.