GW waitlist moving...Just got accepted!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

naya

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm flyin' high...just got accepted to George Washington. Good luck to others on the wait list.

Members don't see this ad.

Were you accepted anywhere else? If you dont mind me asking what were your stats?

Congratulations in DC!!! You will get a great education in a great city!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Congrats! :clap: How did they notify you?

Members don't see this ad :)
Way to go!! :clap: I will try to contain my envy. Its good to hear that the list is moving ... now I really will be stuck to the phone.

BTW, nray, are you on the alternates list too?

nray-
My stats are on the average side 3.5GPA and 30MCAT. I was on the alternate list at SLU and NYMC and had just interviewed at Einstein. I will send letters to withdraw from these waitlists. Best of luck to you if you are on the alternate list.
Doctora Foxy-
I was notified by mail. I'm hoping you will be accepted to GW. It would be wonderful to have you as a fellow classmate. I have enjoyed reading your posts...you keep things going and add pizazz and interesting information. Thanks and good luck.

SeeGulz,
I love you 'name'. Best of luck to you. I know you have your heart set on GW and hope it works out for you.

Hi naya,
Congrats! I was wondering what steps you took once finding out you were on the waitlist. Did you write or call a lot & then were pulled from the waitlist. Any tips for us trying to get off waitlists? Thanks.

JaxWax,
Once I was waitlisted I wrote three letters of intent stating how my goals matched their objectives and how my learnng style fit with their curriculum. I updated them on my work as a research assistant in a Molecular Imaging Department at my university and called a few times to remind them I was around and waiting.I also sent an additional LOR. Good luck to you!

Congrats Naya! I guess they sent out their letters in a batch. I'll see you in the fall. Maybe we should join up with that previous post of a get-together before classes start! :)

KDocGirl,
I was watching that 'get together' post with envy.
What fun that would be. The SDNers have shown such support for each other. Are you also from California?

Naya,
just PM'd you. :)

KDocGirl,
Thanks for the PM and I just PM'd you back.

Congrats, naya! :clap:

Now you can post on my Thread! :wink: hehe Hope others will soon join! :D

I'm just wondering if anybody else got this email:

We are in the process of confirming our 1st year class. In addition, we will be seeking out select qualified alternates that would consider accepting a position at The George Washington University School of Medicine if a seat becomes available. Please respond by letting us know if you would consider remaining an active alternate in this select group.

I got this last monday. What should I make of it?

•••quote:•••Originally posted by jizzer:
•I'm just wondering if anybody else got this email:

We are in the process of confirming our 1st year class. In addition, we will be seeking out select qualified alternates that would consider accepting a position at The George Washington University School of Medicine if a seat becomes available. Please respond by letting us know if you would consider remaining an active alternate in this select group.

I got this last monday. What should I make of it?•••••Many people got a similar letter via snail mail. I didn't get one, so I called up and they said everyone on the wait list should have gotten it. Read about it in <a href="http://forums.studentdoctor.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=011210;p=2#000045" target="_blank">this thread: GW Waitlist</a> :)

They just wanna know if you are still interested.

No I got that letter at the end of april. I sent them a letter of intent before the 15th,then I got this email 5 days ago. Its not what everybody else got. So I don't know what their deal is. Somebody let me know if they got the same email.

Jizzer, when did you interview and when were you waitlisted? I think that those who interviewed late just never got the "let us know you care" letter from GW. Anyway, I got the letter but not the email. If you haven't sent in a letter of interest, fax one to (202) 994-1753 or email them at [email protected] ... don't delay!

BTW, the first two SDN people pulled from this year's GW waitlist and the first person pulled from last year's (neglecting those pulled prior to May) were from California. It might just be a coinkydink, but GW might give the Cali boys and girls the first nod. I was just thinking that would be rather cool of them considering the difficulties of being a California applicant.

Ok, I should have typed faster. Jizzer, call or email and ask them to verify that your letter of interest made it into your file. I sent both of my LOI via certified mail but still asked for verification. You can also ask them, if they did indeed recieve that letter, what gives with the recent email. Nobody that I know of got that email.